New Kit Spoiler Alert

This is a really, really nice St Mirren strip.

Fan Council guys - crack open a beer and enjoy the positive feedback. Won't last forever!

A vast improvement on last year.

Don't appreciate the stupid wee bit of writing at the bottom of the centre stripe. Looks a bit daft if you wear your shirt loose like most people do. That bit would have been better tucked over to the either corner if it specifically needed to be there.

Thank goodness for that. A St Mirren strip again. Absolutely love it , well done to those involved. Teams will know they are playing the mighty Buddies again when faced with that. Says McAvennie and Scanlon to me. Hope the team can perform like them.

Ok I might be being naive here,but what's the historic campaign all about? Are they suggesting we are going for the league? Or are they say make history make this the best selling saints top ever?? Anyway nice too and video.

A lot of people are commenting on the similarity between the new kit and the historic Adidas one, and the names 'MacDougall, Scanlon, McAvennie and Somner' are being mentioned. I'm guessing that the Fan Council and JD Sports either aimed to make the new kit look like a historical one, or JD Sports just happened to hit upon this design and the Fan Council guys picked up on the resemblance to one from our history - which was a well-liked kit.

Pure guesswork, could be wrong.

Edited by pozbaird

A vast improvement on last year.

Don't appreciate the stupid wee bit of writing at the bottom of the centre stripe. Looks a bit daft if you wear your shirt loose like most people do. That bit would have been better tucked over to the either corner if it specifically needed to be there.

That'll be the first bit of the kit to peel off anyways when washing, so we'll either get the "I can't believe it's not lasted X washes" or "Good it's gone already"

That'll be the first bit of the kit to peel off anyways when washing, so we'll either get the "I can't believe it's not lasted X washes" or "Good it's gone already"

Nothing will fall off if you follow my oft-repeated polyester fitba' kit washing guide.... Do not throw into a washing machine. Simply buy a packet of hand-wash powder fae' Tesco or alternative supermarket. Run cool water in the bath. Throw in a small handful of hand-wash powder and slosh around a bit. Turn shirt inside-out, place in the bath of cool water and gently roll it around in the water (no need to batter it around while in the water!) and leave soaking in the water for ten mins or so. Pull plug out of bath, turn cold tap on, lift shirt and rinse under cold water - do not wring or scrunch up. Place a clothes horse type thing in the bath and spread your shirt over the top bars to take the weight and the shirt wont stretch. Leave the shirt to drip-dry. Shut the bathroom door, open the window if you wish. When shirt is almost dry (won't take too long, it's polyester), turn the right way around again and hang over a clothes hanger - don't use a thin metal one, steal one fae' the missus' with a thick plastic shape to help your shirt's shoulders keep their shape. Hang it from the clothes horse still sitting in the bath - shouldn't even be a need to iron it. Certainly do not ever iron the logos!

I have never lost a logo in action following this advice my dear old mum gave me. Not even a Hummel one.

Edited by pozbaird

Fantastic, you look at the kit and you know it's St Mirren, it's a classic. I do prefer the option of white socks but that's a minor detail. Daughter's ordered, even tempted myself. Black and white, that's all we need.

sponsor logo still terrible - but a lot better than last year as the B&W is less garish than the luminous yellow, the top is really decent.

The logo is quite large but I don't think it detracts from the overall look. At least it doesn't have the daft yellow surround. It blends in a lot better.

Nothing will fall off if you follow my oft-repeated polyester fitba' kit washing guide.... Do not throw into a washing machine. Simply buy a packet of hand-wash powder fae' Tesco or alternative supermarket. Run cool water in the bath. Throw in a small handful of hand-wash powder and slosh around a bit. Turn shirt inside-out, place in the bath of cool water and gently roll it around in the water (no need to batter it around while in the water!) and leave soaking in the water for ten mins or so. Pull plug out of bath, turn cold tap on, lift shirt and rinse under cold water - do not wring or scrunch up. Place a clothes horse type thing in the bath and spread your shirt over the top bars to take the weight and the shirt wont stretch. Leave the shirt to drip-dry. Shut the bathroom door, open the window if you wish. When shirt is almost dry (won't take too long, it's polyester), turn the right way around again and hang over a clothes hanger - don't use a thin metal one, steal one fae' the missus' with a thick plastic shape to help your shirt's shoulders keep their shape. Hang it from the clothes horse still sitting in the bath - shouldn't even be a need to iron it. Certainly do not ever iron the logos!

I have never lost a logo in action following this advice my dear old mum gave me. Not even a Hummel one.

Or if you are wearing a thellic or sevco 5088 top ignore all of the above and continue wearing 24hrs a day 365 days of the year.

Guest TPAFKATS

Good to see us back to the early 80s style strip, my favourite. Not a fan of the shield but we need the sponsors money...

The 80s one had a large G with a bus coming out of the middle Edited by TPAFKATS