Sheffield Wednesday V St Mirren Friendly 1/8/15

shull

Spot on, not that many years ago we were beating teams in the English top flight, but nowadays some supporters reckon we should accept that we can't compete with teams like Sheffield Wednesday for f**ksake!

Aye about 25 years ago but then billions entered the English game via Sky while our game has become far poorer. We can't compete with 4th division teams other than Septics. The Championship down south is packed with big clubs who have frankly much better players. There was a time when we competed but the quality of our league is poor across all 4 divisions.

I cannot believe some are calling for the manager's head before a competive league game having been beaten in a friendly away from home. We are strapped financially, have a small support and won't pay over the odds for players who will go to clubs in debt simply for more money while we attempt to remain solvent. Give Murray a chance ffs as remember Fergies first season. There is a huge rebuilding job and that will take more than 3 months in the job.

Maybe we could bring back things to perspective by reminding people we drew with ICT a week before they played in Europe.

A team in a higher league than us who regularly finish in the top 5.

Or is it only defeats in friendlies that matter?whistling.gif

Maybe we could bring back things to perspective by reminding people we drew with ICT a week before they played in Europe.

A team in a higher league than us who regularly finish in the top 5.

Or is it only defeats in friendlies that matter?whistling.gif

Or beat Oldham, a league one side 1-0.

Of course, folk will gladly bring up how Burnley pumped us 3-0 but fail to mention that about 70% of the squad that day were trialists.

But let's not let facts cloud vendettas.

You're in denial were you even at the game? It was a truly abysmal performance! Murray is clueless and just hasn't got it as a manager we need to move fast and replace him. Look what happened when we dragged out heels sacking TC

You seriously need to get a grip. What utter pish. Can you imagine how much of a laughing stock we would become if we sacked our new manager before the season kicks off? Not to forget having to pay off his contract making it impossible to bring other players in as the budget would be gone

To accuse our manager of being clueless before he has completed the squad and had time to manage the team competively smacks of someone who should go and support the bigot brothers. There is a rocky ride ahead and it's going to take time and patience to get our team good enough to compete in this league never mind the SPL. If you cannot handle it then sobeit. Just who would you bring into replace IM, moreso who the feck would want to come to a club that sacks its manager after months and before a ball is kicked in earnest?

Either you are on the wind up, another alias or delusional.

You seriously need to get a grip. What utter pish. Can you imagine how much of a laughing stock we would become if we sacked our new manager before the season kicks off? Not to forget having to pay off his contract making it impossible to bring other players in as the budget would be gone

To accuse our manager of being clueless before he has completed the squad and had time to manage the team competively smacks of someone who should go and support the bigot brothers. There is a rocky ride ahead and it's going to take time and patience to get our team good enough to compete in this league never mind the SPL. If you cannot handle it then sobeit. Just who would you bring into replace IM, moreso who the feck would want to come to a club that sacks its manager after months and before a ball is kicked in earnest?

Either you are on the wind up, another alias or delusional.

Like this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33674078

Spot on, not that many years ago we were beating teams in the English top flight, but nowadays some supporters reckon we should accept that we can't compete with teams like Sheffield Wednesday for f**ksake!

TV money has massively widened the gap between English and Scottish football. Sheffield Wednesday were bought in January for £30m. St Mirren can't find buyers at £2m. Little wonder we can't compete.

When?!

I don't recall us beating an English top flight side in the two decades I've been attending matches. I've seen us lose to Newcastle, Wigan and Middlesboro in that time from the top of my head.

And we can't compete with teams like Sheffield Wednesday, nor should we feel we need to given that they play in a completely different country to us. If we have even a tenth of their resources then we're lucky.

For the record, we lost 4-0 to Charlton in a friendly 2 pre-seasons ago whilst league cup holders and after a shocking start went on to finish 8th in the SPL. Pre-season is the square root of f**k all when it comes to significance.

Did we not beat Bolton a few years back ?

Reality says that we were beaten by a stronger, better side. A much better and much higher level, quality team. Scottish Championship is a million miles away for English Championship.

For the first twenty minutes we more than matched them and actually played some nice football without really threatening as an attacking force.

The difference today was poor, poor goalkeeping from our No.1. Harsh but true in my opinion. He was at fault for all four goals he let in. The free kick was good but he palmed it in. For me that is a worrying position. You can go on about centre halves, strikers all you like but if your keeper let's in soft goals as he did today we're on to a hiding.

Were we that bad? No just playing against a team of a much higher standard!

Would like to mention that we finished the match today with a defence that probably didn't add up in their total age to mine!!

Fair play to the manager for giving them a go!

All in all a poor result, mainly from poor goalkeeping. Were we embarrassed? In my opinion no it was what it was a preseason friendly..................I would add we would have got more out of that game than beating Whitley Bay 10-0!!!!!!

Footnote! It was interesting that the Wednesday fans applauded Ridgers off when he was subbed! How ironic.

I actually enjoyed the day out and was nice to be in a traditional stadium

The difference today was poor, poor goalkeeping from our No.1. Harsh but true in my opinion. He was at fault for all four goals he let in. The free kick was good but he palmed it in. For me that is a worrying position. You can go on about centre halves, strikers all you like but if your keeper let's in soft goals as he did today we're on to a hiding.

I'll give you the free kick, but I'm interested in how you're going to apportion blame for the remaining goals.

Edited by FTOF

Either you are on the wind up,

Aanother alias or delusional.

Another deluded fool how can you be a fan and back this guy? Were you even there today or the Burnley game I think not

Everyone get a grip FFS.

I recall Motherwell pumping us 5-0 in our most important match of the season.

Not only that after we were Donald Ducked and relegated and we won a few meaningless games some were shouting for Teale to get the job.

We have played one competitive game this season and won 3-1 and our manager wasn't completely happy saying we need more players.

Looks like we've managed to find a new scapegoat of McAusland proportions.

Why focus on the 'keeper, when the defending in front of him was very, very poor?

First time I've seen young Baird play. Was totally outmatched against their big number 9 but once he went off, thought Baird looked fairly good for such a young lad.

Jeeze. It wasn't a great result granted and disappointing we didn't compete better. 5-0 is poor form.

However to say get rid of Murray is premature. We've played 1 competitive game and won. We are still building a team up. I suspect we will be fighting for playoffs rather than titles this year. Ian Murray needs to be given a few months to get his feet and team performing and will get that. Remember the year we won the title were Adam and Sutton not deadline day signings?