First Team Squad

Maybe the fact he is on trial now and having to prove himself might give him a wee kick up the back side. I think the fact he is still trying to win a deal here and nobody else has signed him says a lot though.

He has had a couple of serious injuries and hasn't been able to regain the confidence. The club are partly to blame too, he should have been loaned out to lower league clubs so he could regain fitness and form.

Falls into the trap of being too good for the youth team but not ready for the first team.

This is probably the biggest failure in Reillys development. He was loaned out at the age of 17 for a couple of games (think it was queens park) and then straight back to the development squad. Should have tried to punt him out for even half a season to get him more game time.

Reilly really needs to show a bit more maturity if he wants to progress in the game. Fannying about during half-time warm-up and chasing the ball like a heidless chicken when he came on in a cup-tie in Dumfries did nothing to give me confidence that he is ready to make the breakthrough. Might seem harsh, but he has had more opportunities than many of his peers.

Who really cares what he does in the half time warm up? He's a young guy, he should be enjoying himself. Unless the gaffer has said you're going on straight after the break does it really matter what he does at half time?

If i remember correctly, the game at Dumfries he was played out wide which really didn't suit him. He was poor but no different from the rest of the players.

I like Thomas, I think he could mature into a good championship player at worst. Well worth holding onto IMO.

Edited by davidg

Baraclough seems to me to be an absolute numpty. Most of his signings (aside from the obvious ones like Pearson and McDonald) in January were atrocious, particularly the goalie and one of the centre-halfs. They were atrocious in the game against us at the end of the season and the fact they stayed up is more to do with the shambles of Rangers than any brilliance from him.

Words that will no doubt come back to haunt me but as we're not in the same division I don't care!

The midfielder from Everton, Conor Grant, is a good player that did well for them. I thought Louis Laing was good as well.

That's 4 good (imho) January signings. A lot better than we did!!

Who really cares what he does in the half time warm up? He's a young guy, he should be enjoying himself. Unless the gaffer has said you're going on straight after the break does it really matter what he does at half time?

If i remember correctly, the game at Dumfries he was played out wide which really didn't suit him. He was poor but no different from the rest of the players.

I like Thomas, I think he could mature into a good championship player at worst. Well worth holding onto IMO.

Don't agree David. He's a professional footballer and ought to act like one. f**king about like a daft wee laddie in front of paying customers is poor show. Fine down the Racecourse, perhaps.

Of course it matters what he does during a HT warm-up. It shouldn't depend on whether he thinks he might feature or not - he's in the squad, potentially at the expense of others. Indeed, it would suggest he is more keen to feature if he cut out the fannying about.

Players need to realise that they are in a privileged position compared to many other folk, and should learn to play the game well and then they can act the fanny and have a laugh.

Don't agree David. He's a professional footballer and ought to act like one. f**king about like a daft wee laddie in front of paying customers is poor show. Fine down the Racecourse, perhaps.

Of course it matters what he does during a HT warm-up. It shouldn't depend on whether he thinks he might feature or not - he's in the squad, potentially at the expense of others. Indeed, it would suggest he is more keen to feature if he cut out the fannying about.

Players need to realise that they are in a privileged position compared to many other folk, and should learn to play the game well and then they can act the fanny and have a laugh.

:lol

One of my favourite ever youtube videos is Maradona acting the fanny, f**king about like a daft wee boy in a warm up. Wish I had paid to see that.

Edited by davidg

A bit off topic, but I've always wondered how much of a difference it makes to have a sub piss about in the half time warm up or to do some proper exercises & ball work.

My guess is that unless you come on within the first few minutes of the 2nd half, it won't make any real difference. Any warm up you'd get would surely be gone by the time you've went and sat down for 5 minutes. Hence why players warm up again just before they come on.

Don't agree

I expect all players to act professional on match day

Not just Reilly all subs

We see the other teams doing a right warm up and some drills all together

Unlike the shambles we witness on our side

:lol

One of my favourite ever youtube videos is Maradona acting the fanny f**king about like a daft wee boy in a warm up. Wish I had paid to see that.

You've just demonstrated my very point, cheers for that.

Do we really think if he acted professionally at halftime this would warrant a place in the team?

If he was good enough he wouldn't be warming up at halftime he'd be in the team.

His antics at halftime are the least of his problems, if we had a proper professional structure at halftime that would be a start. The fact that the manager has allowed the players to go out and fanny about was the real issue.

Do we really think if he acted professionally at halftime this would warrant a place in the team?

If he was good enough he wouldn't be warming up at halftime he'd be in the team.

His antics at halftime are the least of his problems, if we had a proper professional structure at halftime that would be a start. The fact that the manager has allowed the players to go out and fanny about was the real issue.

To be fair, the manager was too busy struggling with the fact he didn't have a f**king clue what he was doing.

Nobody would give a toss what the players were doing at half time if we were winning regularly. It's only when things aren't going well on the park that people start moaning at the slightest wee thing.

Players at all levels mess about at half time. Who cares.

What a f**king laugh this is turning into... imagine a fan thinking..

I hope we get rid of Reilly cos he's pish at they half time warm up's....WTF..laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

He's just pish in general, shite even...f**king shite! The pissing around just adds to the annoyance levels. He did okay at the end of the season, but his contract was up wasn't it.

The best you could come up with was messing about at half time and a substitute appearance away to QOS where he was played out of position.

Thanks.

I think you have missed the point of my last post. I had, in my previous post, suggested that a player should learn to play well then he can afford to fanny about. You duly referred to one of the greatest players who ever lived fannying about, thus demonstrating my point.

Incidentally, I don't think the burden of proof lies with me on this one. I would be interested to hear why you think Reilly deserves a contract.

This all reminds me a bit of when Nicolas Bendtner when he played for Arsenal 6 or so years ago. He rocked up at a big game possibly a champions league tie with a pair of pink boots on. The commentator that night said "at least achieve something in the game first". I had to agree and i agree here that if a player wants to piss about at half time in front of the people who pay his wages then he should have earned his stripes.

A bit off topic, but I've always wondered how much of a difference it makes to have a sub piss about in the half time warm up or to do some proper exercises & ball work.

My guess is that unless you come on within the first few minutes of the 2nd half, it won't make any real difference. Any warm up you'd get would surely be gone by the time you've went and sat down for 5 minutes. Hence why players warm up again just before they come on.

Indeed. Players being out at half time warming up is a fairly new thing. Never used to happen and I actually think they'd be better off in the dressing room listening to the manager like the rest of the players.

Aye.. but if you could direct me to one of yours that doesn't mention his half time fannying about

I would appreciate it....

Never new you had to be world class to try a couple of keepie uppie's and a back heel at HT...lol.gif

Let's face it, there isn't a great deal else to talk about.

I think you have missed the point of my last post. I had, in my previous post, suggested that a player should learn to play well then he can afford to fanny about. You duly referred to one of the greatest players who ever lived fannying about, thus demonstrating my point.

Incidentally, I don't think the burden of proof lies with me on this one. I would be interested to hear why you think Reilly deserves a contract.

Everyone has an opinion mate, some think he's good enough for another deal and some don't. I'd rather you just came out and said he was shite than have a go at his half time kick aboot.

At Championship level and the wage he would be on, I'd be happy to give him a years deal as a squad player.