Overated Films....

dumbartonsaint

Jungle Book......................wasn't a book in the film at all.

Did you not like it? The book was brilliant (I first read it when i was about 10) and there is actually quite a bit of menace in it but Disney typically has to have everything saccharine sweet which kind of spoils it. Having said that, I like Disney movies.

Ever see The Brave Little Toaster?

I only truly discovered the wonder of The Jungle Book when I watched it with a few friends whilst partaking of a 'jazz cigarette' or two. It was all of a sudden abundantly clear that the film makers were bongoed oot their nuts when putting it together,and this was the only state of mind in which to fully appreciate the movie.

The cinemas should have been handing out hash cookies to the kids with their tickets,just as they do now with 3D specs.

A film I absolutely love is 'Primer'. Made on a budget of 50p. It's about scientist / techie' type guys who actually create a time machine that works. The good thing about the film is that it tries to stick to 'the rules' if such rules exist about what would happen if such a machine existed and actually worked. I.E. They never travel back to a time before their machine existed, as they couldn't travel forward again to the present day. It's more about the moral dilemna of what it means - they don't go back to place bets on the lottery or such pish. Won't mention what the plot is though...

The term 'utter shite' may be used by some if they watch this 50p budget movie, but I love it.

Did you not like it? The book was brilliant (I first read it when i was about 10) and there is actually quite a bit of menace in it but Disney typically has to have everything saccharine sweet which kind of spoils it. Having said that, I like Disney movies.

Ever see The Brave Little Toaster?

FFS......................I need to be subtle.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

offtopic.gifofftopic.gifofftopic.gifofftopic.gif

Veering off at a tangent - remakes. Generally disappointing because you don't remake a bad fillum and it's hard to please fanboys.

Amongst the worst I have seen are the remakes of 70's classics Get Carter (Sly Stallone) & The Wickerman (Nicholas Cage), oh and the remake of Alfie (Jude Law) was particularly pointless set in a society when contraception is freely available & abortion is legal.

Decent ones - True Grit (Jeff Bridges) & Cape Fear (De Niro, Nolte, Mitchum & Peck), special mention to the two Rio's Bravo & Lobo! 2guns.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker