Club Shop Rebranded

not that bothered tbh - we're getting a good bit of cash for this - plus its not like we are using it.....

Agreed, doesn't bother me in the slightest. As with any venue you rent out, you give the renter reasonable scope to customise the venue to their needs.

After Celtic have played their games the signs will come down, ours will go back up, it will be quickly forgotten about and we will have money in the bank. And hopefully a couple of decent loan players from them too.

Good business for all concerned in my book.

Agreed, doesn't bother me in the slightest. As with any venue you rent out, you give the renter reasonable scope to customise the venue to their needs.

After Celtic have played their games the signs will come down, ours will go back up, it will be quickly forgotten about and we will have money in the bank. And hopefully a couple of decent loan players from them too.

I've no problem with Celtic using the stadium and us making commercial gain out of it. None at all.

What I DO have a problem with is the Celtic Crest being placed on our walls at the expense of a St.Mirren crest.

This is beyond the value of any commercial deal in my opinion. Very poor decision.

I am sure signage outside the shop could have easily alerted Celtic fans that their merchandise was for sale in the shop.

Would it be okay if we rented out the ground to the BNP for a party conference and allowed them to put BNP signs up on the stadium frontage?

Would it be okay if we rented out the ground to the BNP for a party conference and allowed them to put BNP signs up on the stadium frontage?

What a stupid comparison.

Good bit of business by the Club.

Edited by HSS

Absolute joke. Why not pull down our drawers and let Lawwell give us a right good pumping while we're at it.

Sometimes the decisions our club make just baffle me...

I actually feel sick to my stomach seeing this.

Complainers have not understood the REAL reason for the signage.

Their Neanderthal fans will REALLY be convinced that this is their football club and therefore will not trash it... as I believe they regularly do to grounds that they visit.

Anyway, I'm optimistic that as part of all this signage endeavour, an incidental pozitive that will arise may be that the St Mirren leg ends boards will be brought up to date....

:whistle:

I'm not bothered at all with them using our facilities, great earner for us.

It does piss me off that there will be more Celtic shirts sold at our ground today than St Mirren strips in the last 3 or 4 years?

Also pissed off that our club crest is being replaced with the Celtic one, a big massive window covering poster/sticker saying "Celtic shop open today" or something would have done the job.

But I won't lose any sleep over it.

Edited by davidg

What a stupid comparison.

Good bit of business by the Club.

Celtic's business is the exploitation of sectarianism and hatred.

I think its a valid comparison.

We should be looking at setting up a new league in Scotland without the Old Firm. Yet here we are in cahoots with Celtic.

We are also making cash here by exploiting sectarianism and hatred. I find this unacceptable.

I'd rather we didn't take their dirty cash.

Edited by nosferatu

I've no problem with Celtic using the stadium and us making commercial gain out of it. None at all.

What I DO have a problem with is the Celtic Crest being placed on our walls at the expense of a St.Mirren crest.

This is beyond the value of any commercial deal in my opinion. Very poor decision.

I am sure signage outside the shop could have easily alerted Celtic fans that their merchandise was for sale in the shop.

Again, we have no home games around these matches. The next time we play there the signs will be down and Saints signs will be back up.

If the choices available to the club are the stadium lies empty for two weeks and we get no income and no loan players from Celtic...

Or...

Celtic play 3 games there, put up a couple of temporary signs, the club gets income and/or loan players the standard of McGowan, Carey and Cuthbert (all recent loanees we've had from Celtic)..

Then I'm definitely choosing the latter. The most important thing for me is performances on the pitch. If we sign Paul McMullan on loan next week and he scores 20 goals for us as we get promoted next season, then will there be many fan complaints? Will our fans be saying... 'Aye but we shouldn't have signed him cos part of the deal was we let Celtic put the sign up outside our shop..?'

Of course we won't. Footballs the most important thing for me. And this deal will enable us to put a better team on the pitch one way or another.

No I would never support the mixing of politics and football. I'm actually against the advertising we allow political parties and politicians to take out around our ground, but that's a different issue entirely.

Celtic aren't a political party though, they're a football club.

This isn't photoshop, this photo was taken at the stadium this morning. Sickening.

010715-shop.jpg

The more you look at this the more disturbing it gets. Wee sad St Mirren sign on the pavement and mighty Celtic sign on our stadium. I feel quite sick tbh. Come on Mr Gilmour get that thing taken down today. Edited by magnus

Can't bring myself to accept this. Point and laugh material if another club did this, and rightly so. I hear what people are saying about income revenue, and I don't have enough an issue with the use of the stadium, but this is too far.

There are other ways that the club could increase revenue without whoring itself out to f**king Celtic to this extent.

ETA - just showed this to my missus, who isn't interested in the fitba, and even she thinks it is out of order. Her suggestion being that Celtic could bring a trailer such as the one we used to have at Love Street.

Edited by Drew

Can't bring myself to accept this. Point and laugh material if another club did this, and rightly so. I hear what people are saying about income revenue, and I don't have enough an issue with the use of the stadium, but this is too far.

There are other ways that the club could increase revenue without whoring itself out to f**king Celtic to this extent.

Its FAR worse than point and laugh material.

We are now making money by exploiting sectarianism and hatred.

I don't care how much money is involved. We are now as bad as them.