Club Shop Rebranded

Guest TPAFKATS

You know what when all is said and done it is a football game. We choose who we support we choose who we pay to watch its a sport. Get it into perspective a sign for a few days. 39 people went on holiday a week ago and died. That's something to get upset about. The sign will be down in a day or 2 its not a big deal. The sign will be Forgotten news next week 39 people's families are grieving

You really think this is a relevant comparison?

38 pages in, at least on my phone, and most posters still missing what the thread is about.

It's not about another club playing friendlies when we aren't using the ground and their pitch is being replaced.

It's about allowing another club, a rival, a much larger club, one of two that already dominates all football activity in our small country, take over our identity.

Yes it may only be for a small period, but it is still significant. We could easily have allowed them to hire the ground without putting up their corporate branding at the main entrance. They could have had a trailer selling shirts, like AWP did instead of taking over our shop.

We were in the driving seat with regards negotiating this, or at least we should have been.

If it's such a great windfall for the full 3 game package, we could've retained some integrity and pride and taken a few grand less to have no branding.

We were playing them regularly in the same league for vonsecutive years until a few weeks ago. This makes us look like a wee lower league side like airdrie or albion rovers.

I'm with you and understand the majority of fans view. However we are not in the board room trying to balance the books, maybe keeping on a staff member who would otherwise be paid off. I don't know just like all of us at the end of the day there is always two sides to a story. Being in charged of a budget put a whole different prospective on things that side I get.

There would be a demand for Gilmour, Caldwell and co's head if we had knocked this back and Partick Thistle were on the receiving end of cash and possible loan signing.

I get people are unhappy about it but I think in time people will come to realise it was a great bit of business for a few days work.

I personally don't think it has done the club's image any short or long term damage. It merely shows that we have one of the best, if not thee best, pitches in the country with excellent facilities off it. Clubs up and down the country would love to have the extra revenue this and the Scotland U21's money will have brought in to our cash strapped club.

Be proud of what an excellent facility we have at our disposal and talk it up and not down all the time. :-)

Well done to all involved! :-) Well done Tommy Docherty! ;-)

There would be a demand for Gilmour, Caldwell and co's head if we had knocked this back and Partick Thistle were on the receiving end of cash and possible loan signing.

I get people are unhappy about it but I think in time people will come to realise it was a great bit of business for a few days work.

I personally don't think it has done the club's image any short or long term damage. It merely shows that we have one of the best, if not thee best, pitches in the country with excellent facilities off it. Clubs up and down the country would love to have the extra revenue this and the Scotland U21's money will have brought in to our cash strapped club.

Be proud of what an excellent facility we have at our disposal and talk it up and not down all the time. :-)

You need to stop all this positive chat, it will never catch on. :-)

Guest TPAFKATS

Ok, you don't and, while it's a bit extreme, it's about putting things into perspective.

I hope this makes it clear enough for you as I can't be arsed explaining it again on the thread about these poor souls getting murdered.

Exactly. Perspective.

Guest TPAFKATS

Possibly without it, there may have not been any hire or possible loanee.

Possibly, but it's conjecture. If there was a better option for sellik they would've went for it.

Possibly, but it's conjecture. If there was a better option for sellik they would've went for it.

On that note , it's good to know we were the 'best option' for a multi- million pound business , that shows commercially we may have turned a corner.

This is a business transaction that is happily see repeated.

Guest TPAFKATS

On that note , it's good to know we were the 'best option' for a multi- million pound business , that shows commercially we may have turned a corner.

This is a business transaction that is happily see repeated.

By best option, I was thinking no where else suitable (all seated with grass pitch in the locale) was available.

Find it hard to believe maybe it is an estimate including hospitality and so on. What can be sure is it has to be worth doing other wise it would have been rejected . Bloody iPhones

yeah he was speculating as much as I was, but might have had more insight than I do.

I'm with you and understand the majority of fans view. However we are not in the board room trying to balance the books, maybe keeping on a staff member who would otherwise be paid off. I don't know just like all of us at the end of the day there is always two sides to a story. Being in charged of a budget put a whole different prospective on things that side I get.

So where do you draw the line?

When is our integrity more important than money?

Edited by Kendo

FFS Mr Zo!

Try being negative for a change. :P

PS I would indeed have called for their heads had the deal gone to Partick...

Kendo my view s the Celtic sign should not be there. If you are to solve problems you have to sit back and look at the picture that is in front of you. There are always two sides to a story as to why / have too ? If it is as I wrote going to save jobs / bring in an extra player or simply balance the books then personally I get that. It's so easy as a fan to sit back and bark. You and me are not the one having to find a fifty grand short fall on the season. I'm picking that figure out of fresh air who knows. What I do know is Stuart and the board Re bigger fans than me and you, simply put they have put up figures only me and you would be shit scared to do even though they are not overly rich guys. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Kendo my view s the Celtic sign should not be there. If you are to solve problems you have to sit back and look at the picture that is in front of you. There are always two sides to a story as to why / have too ? If it is as I wrote going to save jobs / bring in an extra player or simply balance the books then personally I get that. It's so easy as a fan to sit back and bark. You and me are not the one having to find a fifty grand short fall on the season. I'm picking that figure out of fresh air who knows. What I do know is Stuart and the board Re bigger fans than me and you, simply put they have put up figures only me and you would be shit scared to do even though they are not overly rich guys.

I understand that argument, however where do you draw the line? There's a lot of fans who believe that this has crossed the line.

Kendo my view s the Celtic sign should not be there. If you are to solve problems you have to sit back and look at the picture that is in front of you. There are always two sides to a story as to why / have too ? If it is as I wrote going to save jobs / bring in an extra player or simply balance the books then personally I get that. It's so easy as a fan to sit back and bark. You and me are not the one having to find a fifty grand short fall on the season. I'm picking that figure out of fresh air who knows. What I do know is Stuart and the board Re bigger fans than me and you, simply put they have put up figures only me and you would be shit scared to do even though they are not overly rich guys.

just to add will be interesting to see what we the fans would do under circumstances where we would be struggling with our budget. Can see the problems ahead of fan ownership.

You tell me where the line is, I sure as hell don't know. I don't believe for one minute however that the line that sees our integrity flushed down the pan involves a club who have hired our ground being allowed to make the place resemble their own for their games.

Would the line be crossed if we signed Ched Evans? Had 'Wonga' as our shirt sponsor?

Edited by pozbaird

You tell me where the line is, I sure as hell don't know. I don't believe for one minute however that the line that sees our integrity flushed down the pan involves a club who have hired our ground being allowed to make the place resemble their own for their games.

Would the line be crossed if we signed Ched Evans? Had 'Wonga' as our shirt sponsor?

The fact that this has 20 pages and it only happened yesterday tells me that for many fans this has crossed the line. I'm not sure where you draw the line but this sure comes close.

The fact that this has 20 pages and it only happened yesterday tells me that for many fans this has crossed the line. I'm not sure where you draw the line but this sure comes close.

I actually believe, as an example, that agreeing to postpone a league game against Celtic to allow them a 'glamour' friendly is a more serious issue than a piece of plywood above a shop window.

However, it's all about opinions, everyone is entitled to theirs.

The deal to rent out the stadium for three games wasn't worth anything close to £200K.

That's a ridiculous figure.

The club won't officially say what the whole thing was worth as that is commercially sensitive information that would potentially go against us in future if we were bidding to host games against another club.