Smisa Statement On Fan Ownership / Gordon Scott

BLF

Hmmmm not a St Mirren fan, unnecessarily long winded (I think we all got the gist after "if I am in Motherwell..."), factually incorrect (are there really only 10months in the year!?).... I know who my money's on.

Indeed only 10 months in the year hmm.. i think it's a consortium of Santa and the Easter bunny who are busy for one month each in a year, nah it's got to be just someone who doesn't realise that a bid such as this takes time and planning and that includes finding funding to make the bid and the needs of the club sustainable.

When there is an agreement that provides hope for a good future for the club, you can join SMISA notabuddie and find out all the ins and outs then.

Anyway "Notabuddie" have a bit of respect for the intelligence of people on here and make up a better story. lol.gif

Update from SMiSA this morning;

We are conscious it has been a number of weeks since the last update to members on SMiSA’s joint offer with former St Mirren director Gordon Scott for the majority shareholding in the club.

We outlined what this would involve when we first made all members aware during the summer (http://www.smisa.net/news-archive/182-latest-on-smisa-gordon-scott-bid) The SMiSA committee entered into this process because we believe no future owner would take better care of our club than you, the fans, and because Gordon’s involvement has opened up a route through which that could happen in a viable and sustainable way.In the past couple of months the SMiSA committee and Gordon have had constructive ongoing dialogue with the consortium about how a deal might work, but to date no agreement has been reached.When we started this process we knew it would not be easy for a small team of volunteers to pull off a deal of this size, and that has proven to be true.A lot of work has and continues to go on behind the scenes to make sure our proposed model is robust and viable and to make sure we are getting appropriate professional help.So far, we have been able to do so without having to dip into trust funds, however we wanted to notify members we now require to spend £2,000 on financial advice.This money will allow an independent expert with top-level football boardroom experience to carry out a specific piece of work for us, and is coming via Supporters Direct, the football fan umbrella body of which the trust is a member.This is money we feel will be well spent to help us get the best information possible about how a fan-run St Mirren might work – but given it is a significant sum we felt it was appropriate to make all members aware.In the meantime, we appreciate your patience throughout what has been a complex process. We will continue to work away behind the scenes and will update the members as soon as there is any news to report.The SMiSA Committee

So Div basically your post a few days ago trying to report an exclusive on a breaking story was "one and one making 65,000,000,00"... FFS leave it to the professionals man!

I was making the assumption that not all the money raise via the fans would go onto the park some of the funds would surely need to be invested in the running of the club

So basically from my post that no one knows of any plan to improve the club

I admit I am not part of your fan base but if I am on the outside asking these questions then why are the support not asking or is there an alternative source of information?

Liked the comment of what football is it really that bad only seen St Mirren on the TV twice against Rangers which you did not play that badly and the Raith game.

My money is on Stu Dick with Lookatme a plausible alternative. I am not sure what this is about in regards to the buy out are these other investors?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Sorry to bother you but I will be honest up front

I am not a St Mirren supporter nor do I really follow one football team.

If I am in Motherwell I look at Motherwell if I am staying in Dundee I look at both Dundee teams I was following Forfar for he last 6 months but now I am back in Paisley

I do drop in to various forums just to see what is happening at the local team

I followed all the events on the CIC take over which failed now I see that GLS and SMISA are trying to buy the club and this seems to be popular with the support.

I do not know who GLS is but from what I have read he will be putting the money up front with SMISA then buying it back slow time

Can I ask what are SMISA bringing to the table? They are a fan group which I do not see bringing any more money into the club that you already have at the moment.

If they are going to bring more money into the club then why have they not done so before now to prevent your clubs freefall over the last 2 years,

Even if they get the bulk of your support say 2000 to subscribe say £10 per month that is only £20000 per month or £200000 per year would that really make a difference?

The only thing I can see happening is what is happening at Motherwell is that you will end up with a few privileged fans knowing a little about what is going on within the club and the rest being left out of the loop due to confidentiality. This then means that rest will get fed up and stop paying monies

I thought the CIC was interesting but I could not see how the model would have been a benefit to the club short term and it would appear the same thing is going to happen with this new take over bid.

Is there going to be an investment in the club or are you going to operate breaking even and hope the new owners GLS and SMISA appoint a better manager than the current board?

Again I am sorry to bother you but all the information I have read is online and there appears to be no plan to make things better

post-3438-0-24998700-1447409659_thumb.jp

Buddiecat

"Notabuddie" have a bit of respect for the intelligence of people on here

As I said in my previous post the assumption was that the money raised would be split between on and off field. I thought that would have been clear but then again intelligence may not be in abundance

So from what I have gathered so far no one from the general support knows anything about this bid at a high level so a lot of blind faith. You only need to look at Motherwell to see the fans buy out is struggling. If they are still in the top tier there is another budget cut on the cards.

I am yet to be convinced a fans buyout or fans on the board would do any good. Which is why I asked the original question what do SMISA bring to the table? It also appears that they don’t even represent the majority of the support. As a previous poster suggested bringing in someone in with football board room experience would be a great asset. Also a businessman who has something to lose if he fails. At the end of the day you need to make St Mirren football club work as a business first to get the strength and base for the football side

The update given a few days ago appears to be solid in its process but it does raise the question why are they looking at the cost model now? Surely they should have been looking at the cost model before they started the bid process

I only wrote that for a certain poster to implode. ;)

The scary thing is for the sake of someone's well being is, rea hasn't denied it yet. ohmy.png

Rea is not involved in this in any way shape or form. It is as stated a football finance expert, who has done this sort of work before and is working with Supporters Direct to assist fan groups in the viability of takeovers and will compile a report on all financial aspects surrounding the proposal.

Buddiecat

"Notabuddie" have a bit of respect for the intelligence of people on here

As I said in my previous post the assumption was that the money raised would be split between on and off field. I thought that would have been clear but then again intelligence may not be in abundance

So from what I have gathered so far no one from the general support knows anything about this bid at a high level so a lot of blind faith. You only need to look at Motherwell to see the fans buy out is struggling. If they are still in the top tier there is another budget cut on the cards.

I am yet to be convinced a fans buyout or fans on the board would do any good. Which is why I asked the original question what do SMISA bring to the table? It also appears that they don’t even represent the majority of the support. As a previous poster suggested bringing in someone in with football board room experience would be a great asset. Also a businessman who has something to lose if he fails. At the end of the day you need to make St Mirren football club work as a business first to get the strength and base for the football side

The update given a few days ago appears to be solid in its process but it does raise the question why are they looking at the cost model now? Surely they should have been looking at the cost model before they started the bid process

I have to correct you and myself on this, there has been no bid tabled and this commissioned report is part of the process of forming the details of a bid.

It is a long drawn out process, which is only right as we are not looking at popping down the shop to get a pint of milk.

I personally get frustrated at the time it is taking, but now fully appreciate that it is time well spent.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Smisa peeps,

Now you have had a chance to peruse the accounts for year ending 31/5/2015...

Can you please ask the pertinent questions regarding loans, depreciation, turnover shortfall, debt and ongoing liabilities at the AGM.

I really can't see how the numbers will stack up now for a Fan/ Scott bid given what has to be paid, and when to Scott, The Sellers, The Creditors, The Loaners and the increasing cash shortfall in the club's accounts.

The worst possible scenario would be to launch a bid based on hope and luck, only to see it fall at the first hurdle, or worse still see a long lingering slide into oblivion.

A fan led bid is what I believe most would support, but words, pledges, sentiment and hope wont pay the bills. The financial position of the club has deteriorated to a point that I believe makes paying a substantial fee for the club, and then having to service the ensuing debt, creditors and loans, as well as the day to day running costs, make oit a step too far at this time.

A good plan today, is better than a perfect one tomorrow, and I believe a good plan today entails doing all that is possible to build up Smisa cash reserves and membership to be ready at a point in the next 2-5 years to step in and take over the majority shareholding in the club. Look at the car crashes at other clubs where all and sundry have tried and failed, but left what they supported in a much more vulnerable position.

Be strong, observant, and stay involved but prudent. Measure twice, and cut once!

Dear Smisa peeps,

Can you please ask the pertinent questions regarding loans, depreciation, turnover shortfall, debt and ongoing liabilities at the AGM.

I really can't see how the numbers will stack up now for a Fan/ Scott bid given what has to be paid, and when to Scott, The Sellers, The Creditors, The Loaners and the increasing cash shortfall in the club's accounts.

The worst possible scenario would be to launch a bid based on hope and luck, only to see it fall at the first hurdle, or worse still see a long lingering slide into oblivion.

A fan led bid is what I believe most would support, but words, pledges, sentiment and hope wont pay the bills. The financial position of the club has deteriorated to a point that I believe makes paying a substantial fee for the club, and then having to service the ensuing debt, creditors and loans, as well as the day to day running costs, make oit a step too far at this time.

A good plan today, is better than a perfect one tomorrow, and I believe a good plan today entails doing all that is possible to build up Smisa cash reserves and membership to be ready at a point in the next 2-5 years to step in and take over the majority shareholding in the club. Look at the car crashes at other clubs where all and sundry have tried and failed, but left what they supported in a much more vulnerable position.

Be strong, observant, and stay involved but prudent. Measure twice, and cut once!

No thanks. Count me out.

Dear Smisa peeps,

I can't see how anyone can argue with what you have said. You'd have to be completely bonkers to argue that "fans" should pay over the odds to the profit of five individuals for shares that no-one else wants.

You write profit. That would mean they want more for their shares than they paid.

Can you back that accusation up with proof?

Oops, forgot the liar has me on ignore.

Was Gordon Scott's rejected offer in 2010 not equivalent to what the directors had paid for their shares?

I asked him for one figure and he couldn't post it for some reason, (and he tried to slag others about transparency) yet he could just have phoned his brother and saved typing all that out.

Ps, shull, aren't you meant to put the addressee name at the top?

He can't phone me and get answers to those questions, i am no longer a part of the negotiating group, i have left that to people who run businesses and work to budgets every day. They are preparing and will make an offer when they are ready, assuming the BOD are willing to sell to the fans of course.

Having money in reserve is very much part of the plan, but in any case the full membership of SMiSA will be presented with details of any buyout plan and will be able to vote on it as they see fit;

He can't phone me and get answers to those questions, i am no longer a part of the negotiating group, i have left that to people who run businesses and work to budgets every day. They are preparing and will make an offer when they are ready, assuming the BOD are willing to sell to the fans of course.

Having money in reserve is very much part of the plan, but in any case the full membership of SMiSA will be presented with details of any buyout plan and will be able to vote on it as they see fit;

thats a sensible reply, unfortunately the reciever isn't!

then having to service the ensuing debt, creditors and loans, as well as the day to day running costs, make oit a step too far at this time.

That's pretty much how all fan takeovers, including the Ebbsfleet debacle, work. Beyond naive to think it won't at St Mirren. The takeover figure/info would need to cover all that, but then I'd hope GS and SMISA don't need to be told that.

That's pretty much how all fan takeovers, including the Ebbsfleet debacle, work. Beyond naive to think it won't at St Mirren. The takeover figure/info would need to cover all that, but then I'd hope GS and SMISA don't need to be told that.

I am certain they dont need to be told that. But logical thinking goes out the widow when it comes to football.