Paul Mcmullan

Who said it was

If we could of got Paul back to where he was before he was injured v Falkirk then I think clarkson and Shankland would benefit from him.

Hope Morgan gets his chance now cos I can't bear to watch howieson or even gow to come back, plus I think cooper will be even worse from what I've seen of him at county and Falkirk

Support all St Mirren players please..................thumbup2.gif

Bit disappointed with this, I liked him always willing to run at the fullback, hopefully get another winger in to replace him.

Therein was part of the problem... he on occasion should've tried to run round them. I thought he'd be decent, based on feedback from a couple of coaches I know that worked with him and some early signs of promise, but from when he got clattered in the Falkirk game he never really contributed too much again. Very similar to Corcoran in that they promised much but never delivered, except that for Corcoran the decision whether he went into his shell was game to game depending on whether he beat the full back in the first few minutes, whereas McMullan went into his in September and never really re-appeared.

I always thought that Marc Corcoran's best performances came when he played as a central striker. He scored a few goals playing as a central striker as well and created chances.

The games where he seemed to go missing were usually when he was on the wing and had defensive duties and was up against a full back.

When he had a free role through the middle he was actually very effective.

I think Gus preferred Stewart Kean though because of the work he put in, his pressing style, helping out defensively. But Coco was far more entertaining...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, munoz said:

Terrible footballer .

No he's not. He wasn't great for us but was good until his injury. At morton he was poor but had a good season last year. I think Morgan is way better but I do think he will do a job for United and would not have been too unhappy to see him back here. 

Think he had a bit of an attitude problem but that seems to have been sorted.

32 minutes ago, insaintee said:

No he's not. He wasn't great for us but was good until his injury. At morton he was poor but had a good season last year. I think Morgan is way better but I do think he will do a job for United and would not have been too unhappy to see him back here. 

Think he had a bit of an attitude problem but that seems to have been sorted.

He still has an attitude problem as fully evidenced by being pulled up on three separate occasions for diving against us towards the end of the season. Twice in the box. 

He inexplicably only got booked once for those three separate dives he was penalised for.  

He's a cheating wee wanker. 

As far as I could see if he took a slap he chucked it......

Another one who should have been better than he was (in his own head maybe) when he looks back on his career.

Utd are welcome to him,they seem to be picking up a few players of very average quality.

No sell on from Andy Robertson and Utd. will implode this year.....

Thought he was having a brilliant game against Falkirk, we were cruising it, then Peter Grant snapped him in two how Grant didn't get sent off I have no idea. Then a couple of minutes later after getting back up McMullan got hit in the baws with the ball and walked off and that was the end of his Saints career.

Too easy to read, runs down the wing, does a stepover then cuts inside and as Drew said, falls over when the defender has read the move and takes the ball off his foot.

100%

He could be doing with a morgan like summer weight training programme. If he could add a bit of strength there could be a player in there.
Lewis was like a new signing after last summer.

Hope not now though.