Paul Mcmullan

Guest TPAFKATS

In terms of a keeper, I'd opt for Gallagher, if available. Knows the club, and is a steady professional.

Has he been released by thistle? I assumed he was staying as they had let fox go?

Has he been released by thistle? I assumed he was staying as they had let fox go?

Think he's staying there. Pretty sure he's their goalkeeping coach as well.

We'll be looking for someone like that though, a player/coach. The Langfield rumour from a while back kind of makes sense to me, he can't even get on the bench for Aberdeen now. Not sure it'll happen, mind you.

I know it seems daft because they scored so few goals for us, but just having the likes of Sam Parkin or even Jim Hamilton on the bench was reassuring - even if it meant we had a target man to give Thommo a rest for the last 20 of a game.

Someone like that (but not them) would be ideal, IMO.

Why not Sam He'd eat the championship!

Think he's staying there. Pretty sure he's their goalkeeping coach as well.

We'll be looking for someone like that though, a player/coach. The Langfield rumour from a while back kind of makes sense to me, he can't even get on the bench for Aberdeen now. Not sure it'll happen, mind you.

Hopefully it's not Langfield, he is rotten at every aspect of being a goalkeeper, kicking, saving and catching.

Hopefully it's not Langfield, he is rotten at every aspect of being a goalkeeper, kicking, saving and catching.

Whoever joins won't be number 1 though, not at the start of the season anyway. Think Murray has said Ridgers will be first choice.

Edited by ulysses

Pic of McMullen wearing the No 7 training strip on FB. Ta ta John McGinn, it would appear. If so, best all round now. Way too much water passed under that bridge.

Edited by Drew

Pic of McMullen wearing the No 7 training strip on FB. Ta ta John McGinn, it would appear. If so, best all round now. Way too much water passed under that bridge.

If someone's willing to pay for him he'll go.

If not we could always allocate him another squad number...

Sorry to come across negative but another midfielder and from Celtic after the stadium debacle.

Can't wait for the new season with the dross we have signed. If we go with the squad we have now we will be fighting relegation and a playoff 2 go down.

Is this a serious post?

Welcome to the club PM. Hopefully give the fans something to enjoy watching this season.

On McGinn, what happens to him if he doesn't get a contract with us but doesn't find another team. If any team wants him then it will cost them regardless of when he goes to a new team, or is there a time scale to how long we would be due a development fee?

Welcome to the club PM. Hopefully give the fans something to enjoy watching this season.

On McGinn, what happens to him if he doesn't get a contract with us but doesn't find another team. If any team wants him then it will cost them regardless of when he goes to a new team, or is there a time scale to how long we would be due a development fee?

My understanding is that the compensation is due all the way upto 23 years old. So if he doesn't find a club that will agree to either the maximum or reach a settlement on what we will accept then he's either going to have to re-sign, sit out of football for a while, or consider taking legal action a la Bosman.

Guest TPAFKATS

Last I heard was that Adams wanted Carey at Plymouth along with Wylde.

Oh shit! I like Plymouth, I've got in laws who support them. Their going to be pissed enough about Wylde by end of August at the latest. Edited by TPAFKATS

My understanding is that the compensation is due all the way upto 23 years old. So if he doesn't find a club that will agree to either the maximum or reach a settlement on what we will accept then he's either going to have to re-sign, sit out of football for a while, or consider taking legal action a la Bosman.

Do you think there is any chance of McGinn even playing for us this season. As it looks like nobody is that interested in paying the fee for him.

After the crap with getting the law onto the club has he burnt his bridges or will he do a wee bit of keeping quiet and get back to playing the football that we saw the season before last.

Guest TPAFKATS

I believe he can move abroad - outside the UK - for no compensation.

Maybe that's the most likely outcome for him now.

I recall Fullarton went to Bastia for a season, before playing in England. Meant we got no compo for him.

Very true... just assume that no young Scots actually go down this route, too far from home and frightened to adjust. Though Fullarton and Barry Douglas are exceptions to the rule

Yeah that happened to a young player at Man. Utd called Zeki Fryers. Spurs wanted to take him but couldn't agree a settlement with Man. Utd so he moved to Standard Liege for 6 months before signing for Spurs in January for nothing!!