Paul Mcmullan

I believe he can move abroad - outside the UK - for no compensation.

Maybe that's the most likely outcome for him now.[/quote

Hugely frustrating for the BoD if he does. It really undermines the value of investing in the acadamy. The club depends on the academy boys progressing to playing in the team and occasionally moving on for a fee. John McGinn is within his rights to move abroad but maybe he should think a wee bit about what the club has done for him. There are good ways to leave eg big Kirk and pretty shitty ways like Fullerton. I hope John McGinn thinks about this a bit more. It would be nice to be able to think fondly of him and follow his career.

I believe he can move abroad - outside the UK - for no compensation.

Maybe that's the most likely outcome for him now.[/quote

Hugely frustrating for the BoD if he does. It really undermines the value of investing in the acadamy. The club depends on the academy boys progressing to playing in the team and occasionally moving on for a fee. John McGinn is within his rights to move abroad but maybe he should think a wee bit about what the club has done for him. There are good ways to leave eg big Kirk and pretty shitty ways like Fullerton. I hope John McGinn thinks about this a bit more. It would be nice to be able to think fondly of him and follow his career.

Do you really think that John McGinn will really give a shit about Saints fans following him fondly?

Professional footballers have a short career which could be curtailed by injury (eg, a spearing).

He needs to make as much money as he possibly can and the last thing he'll be worried about is what any Saints fans think of him!

FFS The more this close season drags on the further and futher behind we get

Only got half a team and we're down to loans and trialists already........

Three weeks to go and we're completely unprepared for the upcoming season.

Doesn't bode well, another painful season looming....

ETA. Oh and welcome to the club Paul. At least it looks like you're delighted to be here!........

Edited by ds10

ETA. Oh and welcome to the club Paul. At least it looks like you're delighted to be here!........

Bloody hell! can we at least wait till the season starts before all the doom and gloom posts start appearing.

Are you suggesting we sign them without a viewing. Besides we have a full team.

This can't be a serious post...

' down to loans '

Sake some of our best players in the last 5 years have been loan players.

Edited by TopCat

Are you suggesting we sign them without a viewing. Besides we have a full team.

I believe that the ds Doom is suggesting that we should have signed all of our first choice targets by now, rather than resorting to "scraping the barrel" by entertaining trialists.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...................

Edited by FTOF

' down to loans '

Exactly. If you get the right loan player they can be a real asset. It's no different to signing someone on a one year deal as we have done with Agnew.

Stenny fans rave about this guy and it seems for once we've signed someone with pace. Hopefully playing and training alongside Thommo for a year will help him develop (assuming he doesn't become a victim of any training ground #BANTZ).

ame="magnus" post="1287597" timestamp="1435940736"]

Do you really think that John McGinn will really give a shit about Saints fans following him fondly?

Professional footballers have a short career which could be curtailed by injury (eg, a spearing).

He needs to make as much money as he possibly can and the last thing he'll be worried about is what any Saints fans think of him!

The two Hamilton boys did alright by their club and are having great careers. I get the short career bit but I honestly don't think playing ball with Saints will harm John McGinn in the long run.

After the shit John took over the last season where "supporters" took pleasure in shredding his performances, I think we have a cheek to abuse him further.

He was well within his rights to take legal action for compensation.

I hope he stays. I hope he proves his detractors wrong.

Whatever he does, I wish him well for doing his best for the club every time he wore the stripes, despite the awful season and lack of support on and off the field.

Reading this thread as a player, why the hell should he even give a toss about the club?

Guest TPAFKATS

Chris Iwelumo went abroad as well?

Yeah, Denmark I think.

I'm sure Fullarton was advised by his agent, Gordon Smith. Particularly galling as we were skint and he had spent about last 8 months of his contract out injured.

Yeah, Denmark I think.

I'm sure Fullarton was advised by his agent, Gordon Smith. Particularly galling as we were skint and he had spent about last 8 months of his contract out injured.

Aarhus Fremad FC.

Ya shower of arseholes.bootyshake.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by FTOF

' down to loans '

Yes we've had one or two decent loans but the vast majority have been like Bahoken or Campbell rather than Dummett or Goncalves

I believe that the ds Doom is suggesting that we should have signed all of our first choice targets by now, rather than resorting to "scraping the barrel" by entertaining trialists.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...................

Yeah trialists we signed like Ball worked out really well last year

Agreed. Realistically it's far too much to expect for a new manager to have a clear idea what he's doing and of the players he wants to bring in.

No new manager has ever managed to get things sorted quickly. It always takes at least a month to sort out an assistant manager let alone some players....

Yes we've had one or two decent loans but the vast majority have been like Bahoken or Campbell rather than Dummett or Goncalves

Or Newton, McGowan, Carey, Cuthbert etc etc.

I'd say our success to signings ratio has been better with loan players over the last few years than it has been with regular signings.

I hope we bring in at least two more before the end of August.

Or Newton, McGowan, Carey, Cuthbert etc etc.

I'd say our success to signings ratio has been better with loan players over the last few years than it has been with regular signings.

I hope we bring in at least two more before the end of August.

My point wasn't really that we can't get decent players in loan.

I agree with you, some of our best signings have been players we got on loans

But what I meant was that usually we resort to loans once we've run out of other ideas..