John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

I wouldn't expect us to be paying extra.

So, if we don't have the 3rd biggest budget, who does?

Let's go thru the other 7 teams-

Falkirk- possible but no

QofS- no

Raith- no

Dumbarton- no

Alloa- no

Livy- no

Scum- no

Eh...I think u win TC ????

Let's go thru the other 7 teams-

Falkirk- possible but no

QofS- no

Raith- no

Dumbarton- no

Alloa- no

Livy- no

Scum- no

Eh...I think u win TC

I'm surprised Price Waterhouse Coopers haven't been on the blower to head hunt you.rolleyes.gif

Location defo

People going on about having the 3rd highest budget which isn't the case

Liam Buchanan signed for Livingston because it allowed him to stay semi-part-time and still be able to get to Edinburgh to keep his PT business going.

Had nothing to do with finance or contract length.

"But John McGinn is not training with St Mirren after rejecting a new deal. Any club hoping to recruit the midfielder would need to pay a compensation fee. (Sun)"

McGinn still not training according to the sun. He is shooting himselfs in the foot no team will pay a big compensation fee for a player who was part of a relegated team last year, missed the end of the season injured and hasn't had a pre-season.

"But John McGinn is not training with St Mirren after rejecting a new deal. Any club hoping to recruit the midfielder would need to pay a compensation fee. (Sun)"

McGinn still not training according to the sun. He is shooting himselfs in the foot no team will pay a big compensation fee for a player who was part of a relegated team last year, missed the end of the season injured and hasn't had a pre-season.

Its a shame that his time at Saints had to end this way. It seems he might have been poorly advised - if only he had a football person in his family to give him a bit of guidance.

Its a shame that his time at Saints had to end this way. It seems he might have been poorly advised - if only he had a football person in his family to give him a bit of guidance.

Yup, at least he can enjoy his summer off and compensation pay out before realising he's threw away a promising career.

The bit in the paper says he's doing his own pre-season programme. Mentions Rotherham are among those interested.

Ach well, we aren't paying him wages presumably, so no great loss from the club's perspective. There was never any realistic chance of him playing for Saints next season.

The club invested in the player from a wee laddie, and, in turn, he helped us win a national trophy. That's quits enough for me (assuming we get some compensation, right enough).

Time for everyone to move on.

Where we are we need players (Thommo, Goodwin, Mallan) who are hurting and desperate to get back, wee oppos like McGinn make me sick. Ok he got hurt, ok it was a silly accident, but he is just looking for a way out. I suggest we help him. He was sht last year and Sevco with an unpaid bill or two can easily afford him

They deserve each other

We bring two brothers through our youth set up and sign one later on who wasn't really given a chance.

John shows the club and fans no respect or thanks.

Lets hold out for the compensation money and move on I no longer want him at our club with his attitude.

And we'll in thommo legend

Surely this is a bit of an overreaction?

John McGinn gave his all for the club whilst under contract and helped us through numerous relegation battles and a Cup win.

The player is no longer under contract with us therefore has no obligation to train with us. He was also involved in a work related accident therefore is entitled to seek compensation.

John will move on now to another club which i would assume would be able to offer him a better contract in a better league, absolute no brainer for the boy! Good luck John.

Surely this is a bit of an overreaction?

John McGinn gave his all for the club whilst under contract and helped us through numerous relegation battles and a Cup win.

The player is no longer under contract with us therefore has no obligation to train with us. He was also involved in a work related accident therefore is entitled to seek compensation.

John will move on now to another club which i would assume would be able to offer him a better contract in a better league, absolute no brainer for the boy! Good luck John.

I wouldn't say he gave his all for us last season he was poor.

Looked like he wasn't that interested at times.

I wouldn't say he gave his all for us last season he was poor.

Looked like he wasn't that interested at times.

The whole team didn't look interested last year you can hardly single him out. It was a season to forget, we need to move on and look forward to the challenges ahead.