John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

Surely this is a bit of an overreaction?

John McGinn gave his all for the club whilst under contract and helped us through numerous relegation battles and a Cup win.

The player is no longer under contract with us therefore has no obligation to train with us. He was also involved in a work related accident therefore is entitled to seek compensation.

John will move on now to another club which i would assume would be able to offer him a better contract in a better league, absolute no brainer for the boy! Good luck John.

No over reaction at all.

So. He rejected a new contract offer. He didn't turn up to pre-season training (as is his right). He can therefore be considered an ex employee of the glorious St. Mirren Football Club and can henceforth f**k off with my best wishes. Unless he goes to another Scottish club, in which case he can f**k off with nothing but my hopes that his career nosedives.

So. He rejected a new contract offer. He didn't turn up to pre-season training (as is his right). He can therefore be considered an ex employee of the glorious St. Mirren Football Club and can henceforth f**k off with my best wishes. Unless he goes to another Scottish club, in which case he can f**k off with nothing but my hopes that his career nosedives.

I heard he is advising Rory how to claim for his loss of earnings.

So. He rejected a new contract offer. He didn't turn up to pre-season training (as it's his right). He can therefore be considered an ex employee of the glorious St. Mirren Football Club and can henceforth f**k off with my best wishes. Unless he goes to another Scottish club, in which case he can f**k off with nothing but my hopes that his career nosedives.

I thought it was his left.

Players like john McGinn come and go with a club like ours granted good 1st season not bad 2nd last season terrible good luck to him in his future he owes us nothing and cup winning squad member...he's moved on time others in here accept that and also move on .

Paragraph in the Herald saying McGinn off to America to sign for Owen Coyle's Houston Dynamo. No compensation for St Mirren so a blow for the Academy's funding.

The claim culture in the USA will suit him fine.

Paragraph in the Herald saying McGinn off to America to sign for Owen Coyle's Houston Dynamo. No compensation for St Mirren so a blow for the Academy's funding.

f**king Owen Coyle, typical, never stops sticking the boot into st mirren. The only good thing is that it puts an end to the sorry situation. How long until he's back in Scotland at Dundee?

It would be good interesting to know what has gone on behind the scenes with the Mcginns and St Mirren.

Said a few weeks ago that this was the most likely out come, so not surprised.

No doubt some of our fans will come out and give him some abuse. That's football, nothing to get too wound up over. He's not the first and won't be the last player to do this.

He may not have been as good as we know he can be last season but who was? I believe he is a real talent and will be a great success in the game. I am grateful for John's contribution to the club but I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with his agent engineering a move away at our cost considering the amount of development time we invested. Sad day indeed.

Oh well he's turned out to be another Jamie Fullarton type. f**k him!

Time to move on and forget about him as I'm sure we will get shafted by better players in years to come.

Wouldn't surpirse me that if he does sign, he plays to the end of the MLS campaign in Oct/Nov and then turns up at another club in Scotland or down south. Many players have done this in the past.

Looks as if Murray has been planning for life without him anyway.

Don't wish him any ill but I certainly don't have the same respect for him as I did for McLean when he left.

As always, if you're not with us you're against us.

Aye, leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but this is the way of things, and we'd be deluding ourselves to believe otherwise.

I'm afraid I can't bring myself to wish him luck. He was a valuable player for us when on form, and will be remembered as a cup winning hero, but he is history now.

Looks as if Murray has been planning for life without him anyway.

Don't wish him any ill but I certainly don't have the same respect for him as I did for McLean when he left.

As always, if you're not with us you're against us.

Another consequence of this is whether the BOD have budgeted his development fee into this years playing budget? If yes I can't see us signing many more players.