John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

Where there any stats on how likely it would be to be hit by a spear?

He's actually less likely to be stabbed in Houston and the US in general, which might be the attraction. Mind you, who needs a knife when you can buy a gun in Walmarts?

Edited to add: Just seen Mid Calder's post so had a look at FIFA's transfer regulations. The attached might be a topic for speculation?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Edited by rabuddies

Unless you are a marquee player, MLS wages are mostly pretty modest. He won't be making a fortune there by any means.

You can see the salaries at: https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/September%2015%202014%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club%20(updated).pdf

The lowest at Houston seems to be $36,504, which comes to just over £23k. Second lowest is $48,825.00 which converts to just over £31k. No idea if he'll be on that or higher or what the cost of living is.

Andy Dorman is on $130,000 which comes to about £87k or about £1,600 a week.

I imagine it won't do John any harm to be linked with a move to an association whereby we would get no compensation.

Would strengthen his position should a British club contact St.Mirren with an "out of tribunal" offer.

Agents use the media all the time to plant stories about their clients in order to drive up interest and thus generate the best offers for the player. This could easily be a seeded story along similar lines.

I imagine it won't do John any harm to be linked with a move to an association whereby we would get no compensation.

Would strengthen his position should a British club contact St.Mirren with an "out of tribunal" offer.

Agents use the media all the time to plant stories about their clients in order to drive up interest and thus generate the best offers for the player. This could easily be a seeded story along similar lines.

The BoD get a lot of stick but it must be a nightmare dealing with greedy spoiled players and their even greedier agents. No wonder they want to get out and just be fans.

It was somebody from Houston that speared him in Paisley!!!!

Right.....here's a plan.......McGinn goes to the.USA...He'll be made for life.....Good luck to him.......BUT.......Whatever money he makes from "the claim he donates to the Club.

Over to you John........

Wouldn't hold you breathe.

It was somebody from Houston that speared him in Paisley!!!!

Right.....here's a plan.......McGinn goes to the.USA...He'll be made for life.....Good luck to him.......BUT.......Whatever money he makes from "the claim he donates to the Club.

Over to you John........

Chances are he was on satutory sick pay whilst recovering from his piercing, he must have been losing money for others to offer to share their win bonus (such as it was) with him. I think he should keep any money he gets

I'm no lawyer but, reading the FIFA rules, it seems to me that, given Houston is NOT a category 4 club, Saints should be due compensation.

Dafty footballer in 'Not Very Well Advised By Money-Grabbing Advisors' shocker. Hardly news is it?

Couldn't give a monkey's about ex-Buddie McGinn. Much more interested in seeing Stevie Mallan (potentially a way better player than McGinn) tearing up opposition defences next season.

Time to move on.

I really wouldn't like to think anything was done out of spite, that said, Texas is a pretty amazing place and the boy would be playing against the likes of Gerrard, Keane, Pirlo etc

I would think Dynamo would be a very attractive prospect to him.

I really wouldn't like to think anything was done out of spite, that said, Texas is a pretty amazing place and the boy would be playing against the likes of Gerrard, Keane, Pirlo etc

I would think Dynamo would be a very attractive prospect to him.

Pretty incredible opportunity if given it. Why would you not grasp that. Start a new life, come back on loan during U.S. pre season to see the relations.

Let's be honest if it was any one if us we'd jump at the chance of a move to the states

But still annoyed about McGinn. Youngsters nowadays show no loyalty or grateful ness to the fact that how lucky they have been to get picked up in first place

Where are you getting that from?

Go live in f**king texas and play in a sub standard league or stay in Scotland or England and have a crack at developing in to a EPL or Championship player? Should be quite easy for him to pick what to do.

Rather puzzled as to why you think life in the States would be so good?

Go live in f**king texas and play in a sub standard league or stay in Scotland or England and have a crack at developing in to a EPL or Championship player? Should be quite easy for him to pick what to do.

I have in-laws in Houston, it's an incredible city and I wouldn't agree with calling the MLS a sub-standard league!

if you watched the New York City game v us I know who I'd say was the sub standard league and it would not be there's.

Pirlo or Scott brown hmmmm

if you watched the New York City game v us I know who I'd say was the sub standard league and it would not be there's.

Pirlo or Scott brown hmmmm

Edited by buddies1877

Did you watch our friendly against New York a few months back?

Only one side looked like they played in a 'sub-standard league'.