Trialists Update

Last night I was talking to a guy who is friendly with a Hibs scout and goes to a few games with him. He was talking about how he liked Agnew but felt he lacked consistency. Out of the blue, he asked "how's the big lad from Queens Park getting on". I told him that he was training at Hearts now (which didn't please him), but he was obviously impressed. Felt he was raw but a good athlete and definitely has something about him. He agreed that there's a question about where he fits in - as an U20 or a first team squad member. He said Rooney had previously been at Dundee United?

I saw Rooney against Bradford and thought he did well in a difficult situation (coming on as a late sub against good opposition). Think he may have been signed already had we still been in the Premiership but with money being tighter, there are other priorities. Hope we can sign him as he looks a good future prospect but Murray's signings have looked decent so far so I'll trust his judgement.