The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

That was horrible. Too early to get the knives out, but that looked like a group of players who hadn't met one another.

Morgan was good second half, and ran his heart out. Gallagher looks eager but very raw. Two stupid, unnecessary fouls for the goals but that only tells half the story.

The midfield was very static, and there was no urgency aside from a five minute spell after the equaliser. Dumbarton were better than expected, but we should have dominated that match. No excuses.

Bad day at the office? Aberration? Not so sure. Not good enough.

The team today was far too young and far too wee. It's a development team playing senior football. Thompson and Goodwin should start every week unless they are performing hopelessly which hasn't been proven to be the case this season.

How true

At least we get in for free in the development games

Studick has called it right we are paying £20 a game to watch an U/20 side

Get it sorted Gilmour

Murray on St Mirren radio saying we dominated the game. I must have been watching a different game as I felt Dumbarton were superior in every position and retained possession far better. Certainly the hungrier side. Piss poor performance.

We dominated for about 5 minutes and were bossed or aimless for the rest. I really hope McMullan adds output to his obvious pace, cutting in and/or not passing will get boring very quickly.

As for Gow, nothing until he saw Thommo getting called back and then nothing again pretty soon after. Here's hoping the Indian league kcks off soon so we can cancel his contact by unanimous consent of the fans.

Edited by TsuMirren

Plenty to work on but no need to wet the scants, the first goal was a double deflection, and the second was a needless penalty. What we will need to work really hard on is pressing our opponents, we gave them far too much room and let them dictate possession on our home patch.

From talking to a few Dumbarton fans, that's how Murray does things. No point saying Goodwin should come in as he's even slower than Baird, Kelly, Carswell, Agnew and Mallan. Edited by TsuMirren

Your sitting in the Dumbarton changing room and at 2.30 you hear saints have Goodwin, Thompson, mall an and last weeks scorer howieson on the bench. You would be loving it. Murray has to accept the blame for the horrendous team selection that consisted of too many wee boys who got bullied. Agnew great goal but will benefit from Goodwin in beside him . I know we are down I know we have to be patient but when your a full time club with a decent support behind you you need to do 100 times better. It was dreadful. We didn't dominate and we got best by a team who looked sharper and fitter who only train twice yes twice a week for two hrs. I was at the smisa meeting when I was told we are on the slide I didn't believe it but I can't see anything happening this year with so little experience in the team

First half , we were awful , after a couple of minutes of fruitless attacks from us . Dungbarton were better at getting the ball up the park and also better at getting the ball back when they lost possession . .

The second half was slightly better and after the goal we lifted it a wee bit before sliding again and losing a penalty . Why could Murray not beat his old team . .

I wasn't that disappointed or even angry , I was just wondering what I was doing there . I was wondering , when was the last time I saw my team getting horsed by part-timers . .

I'm not one for slating individuals but Alan Gow ? That guy as far as I could see did the square root of he-haw , I saw him with the ball at his feet once (and it wasn't for long) , he gives the term wage thief , a whole new perspective . FFS . It sickens me to think that I'm contributing to his wage , in some small way. .

Big 7 days. Annan away on Tuesday and Morton away on Friday.

Surely we can't lose either of them...

Why can't we we are struggling big time. Bring Goodwin into the team and mall an with Thompson up front in a two man attack. Morton fans I know would kill for Thompson and Jim but we persist on playing the youth who ain't ready

Absolute utter f**king dross.

Why we have wasted a wage on Gow is beyond me !

Conlon got ripped apart yet again

Agnews goal was a cracker but he was bullied for the whole game

Most disappointing was the fact that a part time team looked fitter , faster & hungrier than us .

That pretty much sums it up for me , and why no game for Howieson ? Did he fall out with someone . .

Get it sorted . .ffs

Well, that wasn't very good.

Baird and Ridgers (although he had nothing to do) were solid but the rest were inconsistent throughout.

I didn't think Dumbarton were going to win that at any time up until the second went in. I thought we were easily the better side until their first and we then lost our way until half time. We were also the better side second half with Dumbarton's few forays up the park restricted to breakaways. A deflected free kick and a penalty. Despite some of the emotional reactions on here Dumbarton were far from the better side. They were decent and we didn't put them under enough pressure. Carswell and Agnew both sat too deep and moved the ball too slowly allowing Dumbarton to get behind the ball in numbers whenever they lost possession.

I would have Langfield (no disrespect to Ridgers) Goodwin and Thommo in that team every week. We lacked experience and physicality and all three would help in those areas. You can then pepper the rest of the team with the young guys.

If we didn't know we were going to be in a dogfight this year we know now. Cappielow will be a f**king cauldron next Friday and that team today doesn't have enough in it to stand up to what will inevitably come at them.

Murray's one stroke of genius so far has been to sign no senior pro who can take over from him after his sacking.

Gow will be in and out the team to no great effect this season.

Thompson has no coaching experience.

Goodwin will go if Murzo can move him on / freeze him out.

Langfield is just starting goalkeeper coaching.

We will have the most experienced bench in the league and least experienced starting XI.

Murray on St Mirren radio saying we dominated the game. I must have been watching a different game as I felt Dumbarton were superior in every position and retained possession far better. Certainly the hungrier side. Piss poor performance.

If Murray honestly thinks we dominated , then , that is a worry . It would indicate a lack of observational skills. .

FFS . .

Really Mr Murray ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33832352

You sure ?

Abysmal from Murray and Spalding. If there was one team in 'the division he knows', it should be the one he has just left. It was as tactically pathetic as anything served up by Gary Teale or Tommy Craig. The left side of defence, cruelly exposed at Ibrox, was once again wide open against the only part time outfit in the division. It wasn't working - Morgan was a little boy lost, yet Murray only made a substitution following the Naismith injury?

Could go on, but 'as pathetic as anything served up by Tommy Craig' just about covers it. Reduced budgets? What kind of fcuking budget do Dumbarton have? Six point undefeated Dumbarton - and against Hibs and away to St Mirren too. Hardly an easy start for the Sons. Organised, motivated, solid, threatening going forward - Dumbarton that is.

Not nearly good enough Mr Murray. Shape up and shape up fast. Soapdodgers on Friday - MUST WIN.

Not great today by any stretch and I hope Naismith isn't too badly injured. That Gallacher miss with the header was a big moment in the game...

Liked Morgan's running in second half and think McMullan will really shine for us in time too. Still think there will be more highs than lows this season.

Love the strip too ????

What is the point of Gow ? Same as last season a mixture of being injured or playing and looking totally disinterested.

Gow is a waster, he's the type of character that will get managers the sack., how Murray thought he could cut it in the hussle and bustle of the 1st division is beyond me.

At this level we need experienced pros not wee boys.

We were absolutely brutal in the first half, as bad as last season. Created absolutely nothing going forward. Gow is a complete and utter waste of a wage. Teale should never have given him a trial, should never have signed him and Murray should never have re-signed him. OK, he's not a forward but every time he got the ball he did feck all with it - with the exception of his pass just before he was about to be hooked.

Thought after we'd equalise we'd go on and win it but apart from Gallagher's miss we created sod all and always left ourselves vulnerable to what happened. Thought Goodwin had played rightback at Hamilton so slightly surprised he didn't come on. Murray said they don't know yet what's wrong with Naismith but could be a bad one.

Morgan had a cracking second half and Carswell quietly went about his business well but overall nowhere near good enough. Only two games in so not time to panic but we need to get our arses in gear pronto.

I bust a gut to get to that game today. Wish I hadn't bothered.

The formation was wrong from the start. We played a 4-2-4 and got completely outrun in midfield. I felt sorry for the defence as they were under constant pressure. Too many lightweight players and to be honest none of the new signing have impressed me much. Average at best and some simply not up to the task. Agnew has scored 3 cracking goals and was better in the second half but invisible like most of his team-mates in the first half. I know managers have their favourites but we badly need Goodwin in there.

Improved in the second half with Thommo and a gung-ho long ball tactic but we could have lost a hell of a lot more against a better team.

Wrong formation; too many young boys and an inability to change things. And against part-timers we did not look fit enough.

Edited by Sonny