The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

Awful stuff so far. Gow's been invisible first half. Agnew shown a couple of good touches, but no end product and his set piece delivery has been poor. Responsible for giving away a stupid free kick that led to the goal too. McMullan has been the only positive so far.

At least a couple of changes required at half time. Team could use the experience of Goodwin or Thompson to replace Carswell or Gow. Would like to see Mallan on.

Hello RTB, long time no hear bye1.gif

They train two nights a week after working at their regular job. We train 4 days a week full time, we have far more time on the training pitch than they do. The fact that a part time team can be more organised than us - as they were - is pretty alarming stuff.

After Dumbarton won at Cappielow a few weeks ago I looked up their squad, and was surprised at the quality they have. A spine of Mark Brown, Darren Barr, Jon Routledge, Willie Gibson, Steven Craig is good. Okay, they're part-time, but they could well be around the play-offs this year. This is their 4th season in a row in the league, and they've been as high as 5th.

Anyway, as a game of football, we were unfortunate today - deflected free-kick then a daft challenge for the penalty which I doubt would have happened if Naismith hadn't picked up his injury.

Just so disappointing we couldn't have dug out a win to start the season. Like others, a little baffled with the 3 changes from Ibrox. I think Thompson, in particular, is such a talisman for us that he has to start if fit.

My main concern, however, is that the midfield weren't able to take control of the game at any point. McMullan and Morgan will no doubt cause a lot of full backs problems throughout the season. Meanwhile, Agnew has a great left foot and Carswell is tidy, but I can't recall many occasions where we won the ball across the midfield. Might take a few weeks to find out the best configuration in there.

We created more chances but they looked more like a team. We fell right out the game after they scored. Flat performance from the team and the fans. We really must be one of the worst home crowds in Scotland for atmosphere

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All these calls for Goodwin are taking the piss aren't they?

Are they forgetting Goodwin has been a liability more than a benefit theist two seasons. Our defence needs work but he is not the answer.

With regards to Gow, he's decent on the ball, he opened up a couple of chances otherwise a luxury. Slow and weak.

Our central midfield two sits far too deep, and invited Dumbarton, who let's face it were poor to have chances.

We created more chances but they looked more like a team. We fell right out the game after they scored. Flat performance from the team and the fans. We really must be one of the worst home crowds in Scotland for atmosphere

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is my alias

shock1.gif

Edited by insaintee

Cameron Howieson dropped to bench and not being brought on as a sub, great reward for scoring our only goal against everybody's favourites to win the league - not, the guy must be thinking what the feck he has signed up to, and the manager has to explain why he was not given a start never mind not even considered as a sub. In my opinion Dumbarton got the best manager available in their budget and we missed out on him.

No amount of waffle from Ian Murray will help me understand why Howieson did not get on the pitch today.

Cameron Howieson dropped to bench and not being brought on as a sub, great reward for scoring our only goal against everybody's favourites to win the league - not, the guy must be thinking what the feck he has signed up to, and the manager has to explain why he was not given a start never mind not even considered as a sub. In my opinion Dumbarton got the best manager available in their budget and we missed out on him.

No amount of waffle from Ian Murray will help me understand why Howieson did not get on the pitch today.

i have to agree he should have played imo

i actually thought we did ok against the new team in parts at ibrox i know others mabe not agree but looked decent esp counter attacking when we did

should have had stevie t on from the start and should have kept the same team to see how they would have done to supposed 'lesser' opposition

Edited by jama

Just before Dumbarton's free kick goal, we had a free kick in a similar position just outside the box.

We took a short free kick, played it out wide and lost possession. A complete and utter waste.

Dumbarton went for goal, got a deflection and scored.

You won't score unless you shoot. Dumbarton got their reward, we got what we deserved.

Those free kicks summed up for me why we lost today.

unfortunately though, this may mean Scott Agnew will not feature against Morton.

I too found it strange that Howieson didn't start.

However, the lad Morgan looked decent in the second half.

I would have started with Thompson instead of Gow today, Goodwin in central defence with Kelly at left back and Howieson instead of Morgan.

Just before Dumbarton's free kick goal, we had a free kick in a similar position just outside the box.

We took a short free kick, played it out wide and lost possession. A complete and utter waste.

Dumbarton went for goal, got a deflection and scored.

You won't score unless you shoot. Dumbarton got their reward, we got what we deserved.

Those free kicks summed up for me why we lost today.

As a guy sitting in front of me said to his son after they got that goal - "one of the first rules of football, if you get a free kick within shooting distance.... shoot!" Or something to that effect.

He was spot on.

10 minutes into the second half a guy 2 or 3 rows back from me asked his mate "Did Gow come on at half time?" That says it all for me.

Need some experience in the squad and quickly.

Gow was an absolute ghost. Makes Kevin Twaddle look lively. Simply did not look interested and can only speculate as to why we gave this guy a contract. Waste of a wage.

Will sound blunt but that's the way I am feeling. Fed up at seeing people donning the stripes and taking money under false pretences. Gregg Wylde was bad enough.

You make a lot of fair points and hit a fair few targets that deserve hitting. However, the shit you took was because you were hammering into Ian Murray at every opportunity before a ball was even kicked. It really looked like Murray had either shagged your woman or shat in your kettle.

Why would someone who doesn't know me, and who is openly hostile to me finish his post with that last sentence??? Are you like really young? Do you think that makes you look good? Would you like to explain that to my twenty something sons. What if you get your wife to ask my wife what you posted....

Ffs man get a grip and grow up. If you want to meet up and ask me any question you like just say where/when. But ffs grow a

Pair.

Just back home and really gutted about game. Was full of optimism and this was a big big game for us. We were poor, but Dumbarton were lucky to get all the points today. Playing Morgan and McMullan in the same midfield was a disaster. They don't track back and crap out of tackles. It meant our shape was really poor. Morgan showed great flashes in the 2nd half, mainly speedy runs then penetrating crosses, but he must've given up possession more than 10 times and shouldn't have started. McMullen has the ability to change games for us but is lazy in defence. Would still play him though.

Thought Carsewell did ok and Agnew's goal was a peach, but as a unit they didn't work. The time Dumbarton had in midfield was shocking.

Gallagher was full of effort and running, but should've scored. He needs time to develop.

Like the look of Baird and think he could develop into a great player.

Biggest disaster today was Naismith, not the 2 chances he squandered in the 1st half, but his injury. Looked like a real bad one and he could potentially be out for a long time. He must be one of the first names on the team sheet. Really hope he's ok, but looks grim.

Off the pitch, noticed Webster in the stand with his family. Think he could help develop Baird and other youngsters if he signed. Also noticed Langfield was a like a jack in the box in the dugout, really involved in the game. Think their influence would be great on the pitch. We need more leadership, experience and fight.

Gow is a f***wit!!

Lots of young players needing time to develop, but so does Murray. It's hard to have the patience watching that and he got his tactics badly wrong today. Hope he learns quickly for all our sakes.

Murray needs time to develop. Being manager of St Mirren is not an apprenticeship. If he needed time he got it in the summer that is what pre season is for. Sorry but until he eats humble pie and plays experience from the start it may be to late before these young boys come together as a team. No guidance on the pitch today midfield shocking it was awful to watch and for all the non season ticket holder s who went along today how many will pay to come back?? Sorry Murray you have to do so much better. Drop the arrogance you are manager of a full time squad now and losing matters and today you lost a lot of fans who are not season ticket holders which equals loss off money for the club. And for the record I do not blame players at all for loss today out of their depth

All these calls for Goodwin are taking the piss aren't they?

Are they forgetting Goodwin has been a liability more than a benefit theist two seasons. Our defence needs work but he is not the answer.

With regards to Gow, he's decent on the ball, he opened up a couple of chances otherwise a luxury. Slow and weak.

Our central midfield two sits far too deep, and invited Dumbarton, who let's face it were poor to have chances.

Goodwin was not a liability last year the whole team was. He got sent of once and to be honest pulled himself together there after. He was a target but that all calmed down when referee's told the culprets to get up and I saw a few horrendous tackles on Jim and he got up and got on with it. So maybe some forget his pass rate is good and he is not afraid to tackle which was largely missing today

Edited by fan4ever

Shite score but plenty positives (in the context that I think the very best we can expect this season is a play off place).

We were in control both times they scored. The team needs work but I can see the direction IM wants to take us and like it.

Baffling decision to bring on Cuddihy instead of Goodwin and I hope IM realises it ultimately, arguably, cost us the game.

Had one of our chances gone in at 1-1, we'd have strolled it.

Not too disheartened.