The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

All the players were terrible last season so no reason to use that charge against Goodwin. For example, Naismith was awful last season but not much chat suggesting he shouldn't get a game now because of it.

Naismith is young and still learning. Hopefully he is on an upward curve. Goodwin's trajectory is in the opposite direction, I fear.

The other thing is, we keep getting told to trust the manager and that I the professional and he knows this league.

Now, I have seen us win this league twice in the past 15 years and both times we had a spine of strong, big physical players.

Murray "knows" this league yet played BOTH McMullan and Morgan... And had Alan fecking Gow supporting them!

He had a string of young boys in defence while Goodwin sat on the bench.

He left last week's goal scorer as an unused sub.

I know its only 2 games but already I am questioning whether Murray knows what he is going or not!

I have a feeling that Spalding certainly doesn't know what he I doing!

Naismith is young and still learning. Hopefully he is on an upward curve. Goodwin's trajectory is in the opposite direction, I fear.

Andy Millen & Tommy Turner's trajectory's were well and truly going in the opposite directions until the arrivals of Gus & Tom Hendrie.

Jim Goodwin can easily do a turn at this level for at least a couple of years.

Andy Millen & Tommy Turner's trajectory's were well and truly going in the opposite directions until the arrivals of Gus & Tom Hendrie.

Who knows.

It ain't me who needs persuading, however.

Got to agree with you, however there's got to be some hidden agenda regarding Jim Goodwin. If there isn't then I'm worried about how the team is being set up.

I put the pozbaird alias on ignore long ago.

Not worth wasting your time with his shit.

*insert rolling eyes emoticon*

In the time Paul has been posting with his single username, Andy, you must have had about a dozen aliases. Sad thing is, you always give the game away almost immediately with your Gus boaby-sooking and long ball posts.

*insert rolling eyes emoticon*

In the time Paul has been posting with his single username, Andy, you must have had about a dozen aliases. Sad thing is, you always give the game away almost immediately with your Gus boaby-sooking and long ball posts.

Doesn't bother me, I put myself on ignore back in 2007.

No agenda whatsoever from my perspective. It is simply my opinion. Why feel the need to load it? Surely the forum is all about expressing opinions, no? I haven't been remotely abusive when referring to Goodwin. Just stating it as I see it. Others disagree, and that's fine by me.

How do you see conlan then?

Do you not think kelly at left back is a better option that we have available at this moment in time therefore that leaves a space at centre back which only option we have the now is goody and that's what it should be imo until Webster or someone else is signed to be in there

Naismith will be a big miss. Grim all round.

I'm guessing you are referring to Gow. It was like playing with 10 men, and, for me, that would account for the improvement some refer to when Thompson came on (as opposed to anything the striker actually contributed).

Murray needs to get a proper balance in his midfield. It was lacking structure yesterday. Carswell and Agnew didn't seem at all clear in their roles, and there was no shape to the formation. Until he sorts that out, the actual personnel is likely to be a secondary issue.

Indeed , Drew , I was referring to G*w . Playing with 10 men was exactly how it was . I have to admit , we were almost at the 40minute mark , before I even noticed that he was there ! I believe yesterday was not a training match so , wtf was Murray doing allowing G*w to wander around doing he -f**king-haw . .

I have never liked G*w and I honestly think the guy has mental issues and should never , ever have been allowed anywhere near our beloved Club .

If nothing else , what kind of message does it send out to the young guys , having him on the park . .

Anyway , I have said enough on the subject and I'm now dipping out of this thread , oh aye , and l certainly wont be rediscovering one of the worst stadiums in Christendom on Friday. .

Edited by Tom for ;language , grammar and spelling . .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

I dont think any of the posters on here disagree that as a club we need to and have done in recent seasons produce, hire in youth. It is what helps most clubs survive, developing and selling on good young players. Our problem at the moment is Murray seems to have taken the BoD's stated desire a stretch too far in that we find ourselves like yesterday shorn of the necessary blend of experience/muscle/nouse to battle out results and performances.

It is asking way to much of a team of youngsters to compete in a league full of savvy journeymen without the right type of experienced player beside them on the pitch and in the dressing room. The older ones on here need only look in most cases at their own youthful experiences at work....

You learned beside someone who could talk you through it, kick your arse when needed, pat your heid when warranted, and let you express yourself when it was apparent the light bulb had come on in your head. If Murray persists with this tack he will ruin several promising youngsters as the defeats, pressure and abuse builds... Its his responsibility to shield them from that, and partner them with mentors on and off the park.

Yesterday it seems apparent they only had Naismith to look towards, and Gow to wonder how the f**k that dud has convinced another club to pay his wages. Goodwin, Thompson are role models, they look after themselves, they battle, they inspire others and as many have pointed out right back to Fergie's days we have always had steel beside the youth, as well as picking young players who were ready and able to mix it (Aber, Murray. H. Etc).

We are effectively fielding a development side with little experience of adult professional football and that will deliver more performances like yesterday than anything better unless Murray changes tack. My fear is he won't or can't and the calls for his head gather till the BoD drop another bollock in January. We could on the showing do far leave this league via the trap door, and in one of my earlier posts i outlined a scenario whereby our first six games if played as Murray set his Dumbarton side out last season, could see us isolated at the foot of the table.

I fear nothing will change, the fans will vote with their feet, and we will drift aimlessly in a league we should be challenging to win!

How do you see conlan then?

Do you not think kelly at left back is a better option that we have available at this moment in time therefore that leaves a space at centre back which only option we have the now is goody and that's what it should be imo until Webster or someone else is signed to be in there

Conlan doesn't look the part, I'll give you that. We need another centre half. Webster, perhaps, and that would give us options. I'd be even less keen on Goodwin at centre half than in midfield.

Conlan doesn't look the part, I'll give you that. We need another centre half. Webster, perhaps, and that would give us options. I'd be even less keen on Goodwin at centre half than in midfield.

Yes we do need another centre half but we don't have one so it has to be goody and with that we get experience and fight two things we lacked yesterday.

Goody will offer a lot more to the starting 11 than conlan will

Again he's not ideal, but we are paying his wages, and he is better than what we currently have on the pitch. Its a no brainer.... But Murray doesn't like him, and cant handle him. That is shocking personal feelings cloud his judgement when we have so little options.

Again he's not ideal, but we are paying his wages, and he is better than what we currently have on the pitch. Its a no brainer.... But Murray doesn't like him, and cant handle him. That is shocking personal feelings cloud his judgement when we have so little options.

Conjecture, opinion or fact?

Care to expand?

I agree with FTOF's analysis to an extent.

However...

Thompson & Goodwin were on the bench and would have offered experience AND physical strength.

Thompson for Gow wouldn't have affected the youth at all.

I'd have had Thompson starting with Gallagher and played two up top from the start.

I'm afraid Gow was in "preening popinjay" mode yesterday and brought as much to the game as my hairy bawsack did.

I'd have had Thompson starting with Gallagher and played two up top from the start.

I'm afraid Gow was in "preening popinjay" mode yesterday and brought as much to the game as my hairy bawsack did.

Nearly spat my glass of Cremola Foam down my shirt laughing there... Have a big fat 'like' for being the first person in the history of the world wide interweb to get 'preening poppinjay' and 'hairy bawsack' into the one sentence.

Can your bawsack play left back?

Totally.

Albeit, which hairy bawsack are you talking about? The one in your trousers or the one on top of your neck?

:P