St Mirren Radio

An article appears in the local paper launching St Mirren Radio, which leads people to think there might

be live coverage of st mirren games which is particularly good if you are based outside scotland

or overseas.

On reading the article we find out its an amateur operation with recorded coverage already available

on BBC and other organizations.

Its a pile of pish, hey kids lets do it in the barn lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

This is Fùckin mince, in my opinion and is about as much use as wing mirrors on a submarine.

arsebiscuits, any mongoloid with a phone could do the same thing as you kids in the barn.

I shouldn't laugh at you, as you're clearly not too bright, but sometimes it's difficult not to.

Maybe it's the way you were brought up, maybe life has played you some tough cards. It's certainly shaped you as a spiky individual, probably with few - if any - friends.

Whatever the reason that sees you come onto internet forums playing the big man and having a go at the hard work of others, you have my sincere pity.

Hope life gets better for you tomorrow.

Edited by Soctty

In an ideal world we would have a team of full-time media professionals producing regular content for the website as well as the programme, TV, radio and whatever else is needed. I long ago gave up hoping there would be such a thing so what we have is one person responsible for running the website and programme and relying on volunteers for the rest.

Getting students involved works for both sides - it gets the club something they don't have to pay for and it gives journalism students some much needed experience. That's why I initially got involved and it's been the same for plenty of other folk along the years. As long as there's still someone employed by the club to oversee it and makes sure nothing untoward goes online (I hope I'm not causing him as many headaches as I used to) I don't see the problem. It's either that or nothing as there's no money to pay for staff.

Likewise, the club either isn't able or isn't willing to stump up the cash for the equipment necessary for radio or TV stuff so the link-up with UWS is a great idea. The radio stuff I've heard is good - although could do with more of it going on SoundCloud - and I've no idea what the TV is like. Obviously there will be issues because the folk involved are new and inexperienced but it's providing a service that hasn't been there before. I'm guessing as long as the folk abroad can see the pictures they won't be too fussed about the commentary as they'll be getting to see a game there weren't otherwise able to enjoy/endure.

I agree it's a bit odd there isn't radio commentary. Maybe that's in the pipeline or maybe they fear that will lose potential customers to the TV.

Best of luck to them :)

Mongoloid
ˈmɒŋɡ(ə)lɔɪd/
adjective
  1. 1.
    relating to the broad division of humankind including the indigenous peoples of East Asia, SE Asia, and the Arctic region of North America.
    Nothing to see here, move on.

You missed a couple

Mon·gol·oid

(mŏng′gə-loid′, mŏn′-)

adj.
1. Of or being a human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin, straight black hair, dark eyes with epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. No longer in scientific use. See Usage Note at Negroid.
2. Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
3. also mongoloid Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.

I shouldn't laugh at you, as you're clearly not too bright, but sometimes it's difficult not to.

Maybe it's the way you were brought up, maybe life has played you some tough cards. It's certainly shaped you as a spiky individual, probably with few - if any - friends.

Whatever the reason that sees you come onto internet forums playing the big man and having a go at the hard work of others, you have my sincere pity.

Hope life gets better for you tomorrow.

Sure chief anything you say chief.

I've got a case of Betamax videos

You can have for your project. ????????????

In an ideal world we would have a team of full-time media professionals producing regular content for the website as well as the programme, TV, radio and whatever else is needed. I long ago gave up hoping there would be such a thing so what we have is one person responsible for running the website and programme and relying on volunteers for the rest.

Getting students involved works for both sides - it gets the club something they don't have to pay for and it gives journalism students some much needed experience. That's why I initially got involved and it's been the same for plenty of other folk along the years. As long as there's still someone employed by the club to oversee it and makes sure nothing untoward goes online (I hope I'm not causing him as many headaches as I used to) I don't see the problem. It's either that or nothing as there's no money to pay for staff.

Likewise, the club either isn't able or isn't willing to stump up the cash for the equipment necessary for radio or TV stuff so the link-up with UWS is a great idea. The radio stuff I've heard is good - although could do with more of it going on SoundCloud - and I've no idea what the TV is like. Obviously there will be issues because the folk involved are new and inexperienced but it's providing a service that hasn't been there before. I'm guessing as long as the folk abroad can see the pictures they won't be too fussed about the commentary as they'll be getting to see a game there weren't otherwise able to enjoy/endure.

I agree it's a bit odd there isn't radio commentary. Maybe that's in the pipeline or maybe they fear that will lose potential customers to the TV.

Best of luck to them :)

When this st mirren radio was advertised it should have stated no live commentaries would be included, instead of this cock handed corner shop approach.

If i wanted to listen to old st mirren interviews I would just crank up my old dansette.

Edited by murray street

When this st mirren radio was advertised it should have stated no live commentaries would be included, instead of this cock handed corner shop approach.

If i wanted to listen to old st mirren interviews I would just crank up my old dansette.

I'm probably going to rely to someone who is so obviously a troll or an idiot (or both) but what on earth are you on about?

These aren't old interviews, they're post match stuff, chats with new signings and I'm guessing stuff from the press conferences during the week. We barely got a mention on the radio when we were on the top flight (apart from about how pish we were) so it's great to get this sort of thing now.

You sound like the sort of guy who would moan you had to go to the bank to pay in the cheque if you won the lottery.

I'm probably going to rely to someone who is so obviously a troll or an idiot (or both) but what on earth are you on about?

These aren't old interviews, they're post match stuff, chats with new signings and I'm guessing stuff from the press conferences during the week. We barely got a mention on the radio when we were on the top flight (apart from about how pish we were) so it's great to get this sort of thing now.

You sound like the sort of guy who would moan you had to go to the bank to pay in the cheque if you won the lottery.

Exclusive interview with Lavvy snotters on your super duper UWS st mirren radio, sponsored by POUNDLAND ????????????????

A list of broadcast times and interview times would be a good start smile.png

Edit to add: The SMFC OS has a link to the station. On there is a link called Daily Schedule - can you not keep that updated as no-one has a clue when interviews are on? smile.png

Edited by Sonny

The live commentary on Tuesday was excellent, and there will be live commentary tomorrow too.

They have also invested in the equipment to take to away games to start doing the live commentary on the road too.

It's all small steps but it's all good !!