Re-Sign Marc Mcausland

Still cant get away with Saints fans abusing a fellow Saints fan who went from ball boy to cup winning hero. Suppose it says more about what kind of support a small section of our fans are than anything else.

I believe it's called jealousy.

Still cant get away with Saints fans abusing a fellow Saints fan who went from ball boy to cup winning hero. Suppose it says more about what kind of support a small section of our fans are than anything else.

I would not like us to sign him again.

There are very few players I would like to see return.

We have had some really really good players on our books in the last 5 years, but sadly managers have not got the best out of them.

It wouldn't however cross my mind to slag players off, current/past squads.

If they have gone, move on.

I agree with you, we really need to do something collectively as a fan base if we want the players confidence to improve, support them !

It's okay to have different opinions and us not always to agree, but the abuse hurled at the BOD/Staff/Players and fellow 'fans' by some individuals is embarrassing.

COYS!

No mention of his footballing ability in there though, which is all most people criticised?

Plenty of other players have had worse abuse on here than McAusland.

No mention of his footballing ability in there though, which is all most people criticised?

Plenty of other players have had worse abuse on here than McAusland.

A few maybe, certainly not plenty.

As I've said before McAusland bore the brunt of the inadequate squad building by the TC/GT/JG triumverate. His form was certainly poor last season but it didn't help that there were no alternatives and that he was forced to play through poor form and latterly injury - at least he didn't hide.

McAusland can hold his head up high with regards to his time with the club I'd be happy to see him back although tbh I kinda hope for his sake he's got options elsewhere.

We are still looking for an experience central defender to help, cover, compete with Baird & Kelly.

Marc is still without a club.

I remember Hugh Murray coming back in similar circumstances many years ago after failing to fund a club down south.

Why not Marc McAusland?

Oops, wrong quote, apologies.

Edited by thomsons dropped it

Marc McAusland was a reasonable player who did not deserve the amount of abuse he got on this forum, however I do not think for a minute that the abuse he received on this forum was the sole reason McAusland, made a sudden departure from St.Mirren, that is my opinion and is no better or no less valid than anybody else.

Kelly seems to be the player singled out for a lot of abuse, again abuse we St.Mirren fans should not in my opinion be putting out on a public forum, not only does it give the player the feel bad factor, but also installs confidence to a small degree to opposition teams.

I, foolishly branded a player a dud after 1 game and without even seeing him play, it was stupid but borne out of frustration.

We are St.Mirren supporters and for some on this forum always will be, so when it comes to commenting on any St.Mirren players when that player has had a bad game, all I ask is think about it before typing via your keyboard.

What's classed as abuse when someone has an opinion that a player isn't good enough.

Only reason mark was made such an issue on here is because a lot know him personally and a lot see him as a fan so should be immune to any criticism, also some that seen him as being more than good enough for us.

It's got nothing to do with who players support recent player that came through John and Kenny one Celtic fan one Rangers fan did they didn't get the so called amount of abuse from jealous fans because they were good enough.

Ach we've seen all this pish before. In my time on the internet some St Mirren fans would have had us believe that Barry McLaughlin was the player Vincent Kompany modelled himself on, Colin Drew was the player Philip Lahm grew up wishing he was, that Steve McGarry was Lionel Messi's hero, and that Mark Crilly was a footballer. It seems to happen every time a few forum members sniff the opportunity of some free comps. Marc McAusland was no different.

For me he wasn't and isn't good enough for any of the top flights Scottish sides - something that has been borne out by the fact that not one of our current top tier clubs is even remotely interested in signing him. He simply does not and did not have the ability to be a top defender and when he was at St Mirren the club was in the top flight. McAusland struggled badly with just about every fascet of a defenders game. His positioning was woeful, his marking dreadful, he was sloppy in the pass, weak in the tackle and if put under pressure his first touch would let him down. Whether his confidence was high or not he was ruthlessly exposed week in, week out by extremely mediocre players. I'm told by people whose opinion I do trust that he's a lovely lad and I get that he would give his all for St Mirren, but none of that makes up for the fact he simply wasn't good enough.

I won't say McAusland will never be good enough because as St Mirren continue to slide down the league it may well be the case that one day St Mirren find itself at McAusland level but had he made as many mistakes as he does in matches at the boys club I used to play for in the 80's he wouldn't have got anywhere near the side unless his parent was running the team.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Ach we've seen all this pish before. In my time on the internet some St Mirren fans would have had us believe that Barry McLaughlin was the player Vincent Kompany modelled himself on, Colin Drew was the player Philip Lahm grew up wishing he was, that Steve McGarry was Lionel Messi's hero, and that Mark Crilly was a footballer. It seems to happen every time a few forum members sniff the opportunity of some free comps. Marc McAusland was no different.

For me he wasn't and isn't good enough for any of the top flights Scottish sides - something that has been borne out by the fact that not one of our current top tier clubs is even remotely interested in signing him. He simply does not and did not have the ability to be a top defender and when he was at St Mirren the club was in the top flight. McAusland struggled badly with just about every fascet of a defenders game. His positioning was woeful, his marking dreadful, he was sloppy in the pass, weak in the tackle and if put under pressure his first touch would let him down. Whether his confidence was high or not he was ruthlessly exposed week in, week out by extremely mediocre players. I'm told by people whose opinion I do trust that he's a lovely lad and I get that he would give his all for St Mirren, but none of that makes up for the fact he simply wasn't good enough.

I won't say McAusland will never be good enough because as St Mirren continue to slide down the league it may well be the case that one day St Mirren find itself at McAusland level but had he made as many mistakes as he does in matches at the boys club I used to play for in the 80's he wouldn't have got anywhere near the side unless his parent was running the team.

You forgot "Chris McGroarty was who Ashley Cole modelled his play on" Edited by JM1

Correct, along with every other Saint in that starting XI in 2013.

That's what happens when you play for a small team that wins a national trophy about once every 30 years.

nonsence, legend in your mind maybe, never a Saints legend..Tony Fitzy is a legend, Hugh Murray is a legend...to even break breath about McAusland with these guys is insulting them...legend my arse...

I would always try not to slate any of our players, but for me that's the telling point. There wasn't a queue of SPL sides waiting, indeed there weren't any teams in our league waiting either.

Would he do a job for us now ? possibly but why would he want to come back.

Clearly your judgment is pish.

He was obviously good enough to make a career at Saints and win a National trophy.