Stevie Mallan

He may move on but I do think it would be a mistake for him. He can develop a lot more where his is especially if his attitude improves. Talent wise he is provably better than Maclean and McGinn but attitude needs to improve significantly in my opinion. When he is on it he is fantastic but not often enough.

Scored some good and important goals but a luxury player for us when we can't afford them. Anonymous far too often.

Oh FFS... are you for real? We have one of Scotlands finest young talents and you are not prepared to support him through the dips that young players suffer as a natural part of their development, ergo, you would rather hinder his development because you think you are a better fan than he is a player!!!!

Seriously... shall I ask for a show of hands as to who we would miss most? You or Mallan!

Luxury player? Honestly? What exactly do you expect from a young talented player playing in a struggling team?

The lad cares. The lad is talented. The lad will develop well with support.

I despaired at the criticism McLean got... he seems to be doing not too bad with support.

I despaired at the criticism McGinn got... he seems to be doing not too bad with support.

I despair at the criticism you are levelling at Mallan... so gonna either support him or GTF before we lose yet another rising talent!

Young players need support and supported through the difficult times... is that too much for you?

He may move on but I do think it would be a mistake for him. He can develop a lot more where his is especially if his attitude improves. Talent wise he is provably better than Maclean and McGinn but attitude needs to improve significantly in my opinion. When he is on it he is fantastic but not often enough.

and who the f**k are you to talk about HIS attitude? idiot with attitude deficiency syndrome!

Bloody hell... It takes a lot to rile me... congratulations muppet!

For the sake of clarity. I have supported all of these young guys that have worn the stripes with the same fervour as everyone else on here. I was as emotional as everyone else on here when we won the cup and when we got relegated. The demise of our club over the last two years has been horrible to witness. We all hurt about that. As long as I feel everyone wearing the stripes, that I'd give my right arm to wear, is giving their all, they will get my full support. When their efforts fall short of that I will ask for more. Mallan has a wonderful talent. I would love to see him showing that off at the highest level. I believe he can surpass Maclean and McGinn. He just needs to develop to achieve that. I'm sure he himself would agree he has areas for improvement.

For the sake of clarity. I have supported all of these young guys that have worn the stripes with the same fervour as everyone else on here. I was as emotional as everyone else on here when we won the cup and when we got relegated. The demise of our club over the last two years has been horrible to witness. We all hurt about that. As long as I feel everyone wearing the stripes, that I'd give my right arm to wear, is giving their all, they will get my full support. When their efforts fall short of that I will ask for more. Mallan has a wonderful talent. I would love to see him showing that off at the highest level. I believe he can surpass Maclean and McGinn. He just needs to develop to achieve that. I'm sure he himself would agree he has areas for improvement.

you criticised his "attitude"!

not his performance in any one match... not his mistakes... but you chose to focus on his "attitude"

That was just for the sake of clarity in case you wondered why I shall treat all further posts from you with disdain.

Quite simply, in doing that, you highlighted your inability to understand how young players perform, develop, and can be encouraged to develop.

Not a problem though... you have a long way to go to be the forum's biggest tosser! Good effort... but fail!

I guess everyone sees it differently but I really don't get the impression Mallan doesn't care.

He always looking for the ball and yes, often plays an inappropriate or "Hollywood" pass, but he's still young and will learn from these mistakes with experience.

He's possibly the only player in the current squad I would be bothered about losing.

I still think building a midfield around him with 2 more defensive guys in the middle with him is the best way forward for us. He's the most talented player in the squad by miles.

I think we would miss Supporters more than most players.

Alan's posts were fine , undeservedly savaged by mob rule.

Mallan is a good player. not yesterday though and acted like a spoilt brat on occasion.

He will turn out to be a great player and move on to bigger and better things.

We wiill move on also with our faithful fan support intact.

The boy has talent. He's still learning and this is a good level for him to learn IMO.

Yesterday highlighted that he's not quite ready to make the next step. Suicidal cross field pass in his own half that gave the ball away for their penalty, dodgy game but still pops up with a goals.

He is a talent but needs a good season at this level.

Edited by davidg

I think he's going to be a good player, but sometimes he needs to work harder I think. He seems to switch on when there's a chance or we are in the final third, but often he doesn't show enough awareness in other areas, and that's part of the reason we are a bit powderpuff in midfeild.

However, we need him in the team. He's a genuine threat at set peices, is creative and for that goal at the end, you wouldn't want that to drop to any other player, he was never missing. To be honest, I'd rather at 19 that he was good at the hard stuff. He'll sharpen up on the basics as he builds up experience.

At 19 Mallan is best player in team, give the boy a break. All the halfwits on here picking out faults he doesn't have. Not a fecking clue...

Best player in his position.

Not as good as Langfield, Clarkson, Webster, Kelly, etc in theirs.

Mallan is our only saleable asset and with the sale of the club possibly in the next few months, it wouldn't be the greatest surprise if the directors wanting out decided they would rather sell a player to cover any cash flow issues rather than provide a loan out their own pockets. I'm not saying for a minute this situation has arisen and I realy hope Mallan doesn't go as he is a smashing player but it's not inconceivable.