Goodwin

Jim Goodwin is badly needed sitting between defence and midfield , he has leadership skills , can make tackles , pass a ball ,

most importantly in a team full of young players he has experience. To have such a senior player sitting on the bench is utterly stupid and a huge failure on Murray's part

Put your house on it , If Jim Goodwin does not play on Friday night Morton will over run us.

Feel free to book mark that.

Agree. Goodwin and Thommo both need to start on Friday.

Lennon went because we never got any better pure and simple. He seen out his contract never got sacked so he was his own demise. Player s got frustrated it happens

Lennon never got better - despite having to offload his best paid players every year he managed the 1st major trophy in the best part of 3 decades for us. Admittedly we flirted with relegation every year, but in stead of being allowed to improve the team he had to cut the cloth of the St. Mirren budget which meant conjuring up a Goncalves, Newton type player or 2 or we would have been truly stuffed.

If we are to compete with the big boys, or even the Dumbarton's we won't do that with far poorer budgets and a load of young hopefuls.

Gilmour open the purse strings and Murray sign some decent footballers ASAP

Very possible.

It is also possible that whereas Danny fell on his sword for trying to keep senior players happy who then knifed him on the back, Murray is making the point that HE is in charge and it is his way or the highway?

Speculation this happened and also we don't know full story as to why the senior players if they did got annoyed. Danny Lennons time was up at the club and the boardroom made the wrong choice twice and possibly 3 times

Lennon never got better - despite having to offload his best paid players every year he managed the 1st major trophy in the best part of 3 decades for us. Admittedly we flirted with relegation every year, but in stead of being allowed to improve the team he had to cut the cloth of the St. Mirren budget which meant conjuring up a Goncalves, Newton type player or 2 or we would have been truly stuffed.

If we are to compete with the big boys, or even the Dumbarton's we won't do that with far poorer budgets and a load of young hopefuls.

Gilmour open the purse strings and Murray sign some decent footballers ASAP

Not sure Ian Murray knows the right kind of players to bring in. It's not just about a player who is great but a player to complete a team who play together. Sir Alex was a mistro at this

Guest TPAFKATS

Are the purse strings closed?

How much are we wasting, sorry spending on Gow?

You can also add on wages of Goodwin to that as well if we ain't going to play him.

Are the purse strings closed?

How much are we wasting, sorry spending on Gow?

You can also add on wages of Goodwin to that as well if we ain't going to play him.

Goodwin was already under contract however, so you can't really blame Murray for waste of wages if he doesn't rate him.

Gow is Murray's man however, so he really can be accused of wasting money there.

As I said in my previous post, the team lacks in all departments. Our defence is garbage. Just big solid boys who have no pace or ability who can't defend. The only guy who has enough ability to make a difference doesn't even belong to us, mcmullan. You could see it against Bradford preseason, Berwick, Rangers and Dumbarton. Team lacks everything and I'll not be forking out £50 every other Saturday to watch that rubbish for too much longer

Guest TPAFKATS

Goodwin was already under contract however, so you can't really blame Murray for waste of wages if he doesn't rate him.

Gow is Murray's man however, so he really can be accused of wasting money there.

It's a waste of a considerable wage if he ain't gonna play Goodwin. Could've paid him off and saved some cash.

As I said in my previous post, the team lacks in all departments. Our defence is garbage. Just big solid boys who have no pace or ability who can't defend. The only guy who has enough ability to make a difference doesn't even belong to us, mcmullan. You could see it against Bradford preseason, Berwick, Rangers and Dumbarton. Team lacks everything and I'll not be forking out £50 every other Saturday to watch that rubbish for too much longer

Murray is just in the bloody door.

He sees potential in the Baird and Kelly partnership... but needs time to coach them and get the best out of them.

I for one am prepared to give him time and in doing so, support our yoing players in their development and through the errors they will no doubt make.

Isn't that what any "supporter" should do?

It's a waste of a considerable wage if he ain't gonna play Goodwin. Could've paid him off and saved some cash.

Well not necessarily. Maybe Goodwin wasn't interested in being paid off for less than the value of his contract, and who could blame him.

Whilst some of the outrage on here after one bad result is OTT I'm not sure I agree with this mate.

Whether I'm wearing my "supporter" badge or not my expectation is that the Manager utilises his resources to put a competitive team on the park. There are high expectations of us to be challenging at the right end of the table this year and we should, realistically, be aiming for the playoffs at the end of the season. I'm not sure a centre back back pairing of Baird and Kelly (I like both BTW) is the best way to achieve that.

The team lacked both leadership and experience on Saturday and Goodwin would help with both at this level.

He sees potential in the Baird and Kelly partnership... but needs time to coach them and get the best out of them.

I for one am prepared to give him time and in doing so, support our yoing players in their development and through the errors they will no doubt make.

Whilst some of the outrage on here after one bad result is OTT I'm not sure I agree with this mate.

Whether I'm wearing my "supporter" badge or not my expectation is that the Manager utilises his resources to put a competitive team on the park. There are high expectations of us to be challenging at the right end of the table this year and we should, realistically, be aiming for the playoffs at the end of the season. I'm not sure a centre back back pairing of Baird and Kelly (I like both BTW) is the best way to achieve that.

The team lacked both leadership and experience on Saturday and Goodwin would help with both at this level.

Not to speak for BinEK, but I took from his post that it is too early to judge and condemn Murray, not that we shouldn't have reasonable expectations as to what he should achieve.

The extent of the hand-wringing on here since the Dumbarton match has been silly. Anyone looking in from the outside will be having a good old chuckle to themselves.

The strongest XI should be played at all times. Murray isn't playing out strongest XI. Far from it in fact.

Don't know about anyone else, and I know there are workplace 'situations' in all walks of life, but I'm now completely pissed off with all the shite that appears to go on at St Mirren... Goodwin and Thommo stab Danny in the back... Thommo's nose is out of joint about being overlooked / dropped... McGinn 'sues' the club... Teale feels stabbed in the back by Gilmour... Murray wants Goodwin out the door...

My hope is that if there's a cancer in the dressing room, Murray has the bawz to cut the cancer out. The danger of course is he alienates too many people who 'down tools' and he 'loses the dressing room' and as supporters we once more sit and watch a shitfest of such proportions that Shull cannae' even be arsed starting a needless thread about it.

Agreed

Not to speak for BinEK, but I took from his post that it is too early to judge and condemn Murray, not that we shouldn't have reasonable expectations as to what he should achieve.

The extent of the hand-wringing on here since the Dumbarton match has been silly. Anyone looking in from the outside will be having a good old chuckle to themselves.

What about the hand wringing after the first couple of games under tommy Craig last season?

Anyone looking from the outside at that... A year later, ie now, would be having a good chuckle at posts like the one you just made!

My hand wringing is regarding the single match against Dumbarton.

The last 2 Saints sides which won this league had guys with vast experience and a lot of physical strength.

Murray has Thompson & Goodwin at his disposal but left them on the bench. He played Alan Gow. Last week's scorer was an unused sub.

These are all big mistakes which I pointed out as soon as saw the line up.

The defeat proved me correct.

Edited by nosferatu