Not Anymore For Me Thanks

Perhaps the older one gets, the less patience one has. This is certainly the case with watching Saints I`m afraid. Ive seen them three times this season and one win against Berwick. The players I have seen are not up to the standard and certainly not worth £20 a time to endure.

Unless theres a dramatic improvement - which I cannot foresee- watch the crowds plummet yet again.

It seems Saints boards unerring ability to pick a dud manager has continued.

He has had a season ticket at St Mirren for last 4 seasons including this one, though can only get to selected games due to his location. Unfortunately you could count the amount of times he has seen us win on both hands. It's not just the losing, its the lack of entertainment.

There are a hell of a lot of long faces and cliff jumpers around this morning........... little surprise as this was a cup we were winning just two and a half years ago!

I said it a few times last season and I will repeat it.

If the management of the club is non-committed (i.e. BoD's) then there is a general lack of direction and genuine ambition. That ultimately filters its way down to the man manager, the coaching staff and the players. No matter how you parcel it up, it is the reason there is no buzz and why players aren't excited about signing for the club. There is a total lack of conviction around the place.

I know that the Board want out, I know they want their money out of the club, I know they don't want to put more of their money into the club and I know they don't want to put the club into debt to make it even more unsaleable, but something has to give.

Either they take the club off the market and commit to a new business plan for at least two seasons in the belief that they can oversee a resurrection of the club and an improvement in the playing level, or they get out now at whatever price they can extract - if that means walking away, then walk away it is.

There is a sickness about the place which will NOT get better as long as this indecisiveness continues.

Get off the back of Ian Murray, place all your comments and disappointments squarely on the Board and keep telling them that until they are sick to death of hearing it!

Problem is we've been on a downward spiral fir a few years now

Fans gave returned this year due to optimism but with our terrible start they will walk away again leaving in us yet another tommy craig scenario

I think we all realise now just how good a job danny Lennon did

Don't forget Danny's voucher of Beath'though. He took a season to settle and field a decent squad (was fortunate we had Hindon first season).

You're a customer. You're perfectly entitled to decide not to spend any more money giving your custom to St Mirren. No doubt others will want to castigate you and claim you are in some way inferior to them, but you are quite within your rights to do what you want. The people I feel sorry for are the season ticket holders who paid money in good faith expecting a side that might win some football matches, only to be delivered the worst performing St Mirren side since the days of John Coughlin - it might actually be worse, I'm not about to check.

Very well put Mr Dickson, very well put indeed. Sometimes you surprise me, sometimes you dont.

The original poster is absolutely entitled to his opinion and his (or hers) position is entirely understandable.

As I have said previously on this damn fine forum I did not derive one moment of enjoyment for my hard earned money last season and I did think quite seriously about not renewing my beloved season ticket. I did though and thus far the return on my investment has been more dross.

A season ticket for our club is not cheap so why should we continually accept sub a sub standard product?

I am cynical about it all , I am also quite passively accepting of our pish just now, cos, here we go , Ive seen it all before.

I've seen us do the Two Cup thing ( where open top bus criteria applies ) and some decent minor titles, we will come again. Presently I am battle hardened enough to know that with us it is very cyclical.

The one underlying pain in the arse about us afaiac though is the current BoD and their hamstrung position. The club cannot decide whether to stick or twist, we are stuck between treading water and trying to show some ambition and intent, yet try to be sold, allow a new lease of life about the place. It is so frustrating.

RESULT .............we are a rudderless drifting football club , presently on the slide. Me and my battle hardened exterior is struggling to see any positivity , it is a long haul back. Time served dyed in the wool Buds know this. Trying to explain to my son that Saints will be back is the harder task, currently he gets crushed after results, after every game comes away and all he can say is Saints suck.

I cannot disagree at the moment.

Out of my two nephews, the oldest is a Sevco fan (like his old man) and the youngest is a Buddie. I always had a fear that at his age (11), with barely seeing a win in sight for us as he can only make it through to selected games, he could always be swayed to the darkside by his siblings. His old man just took him to his first Sevco game on Sundaythumbdown.gif .

Always a danger, do not underestimate the power of the dark side. My lad has lost all interest in football due to only seeing two goals and zero wins a in a dozen or so games!

Isn't it the case that at times like this we, as supporters, should be biting the bullet and trying to get behind the team? As tough as it is at times, it is very early in a season to throw the towel in.

That would require a bit of personal courage.

It's a sign of cowardice to lose your head at the first sign of trouble.

Our support is full of cowards. There's absolutely no doubt about that.

Hmm, the team , imagine a strong centre, a midfiled play/pass maker , hell some pace in wide areas...............

That's what I've been hoping for for the last five years, that and of course Penny fae Big Bang. Both ambitions however appear out of reach

Bazinga! :lol:

norrie82, on 26 Aug 2015 - 13:05, said:

snapback.png

Keith Jackson said last year all wasn't well at saints. This year he said similar? Maybe he has a point. We are accepting failure to often and we have forgotten how to win

Who is accepting failure?

I don't think anyone is "accepting failure", I personally believe the team (and the supporters) have forgotten what a winning run is like and what an important element to any success is momentum.

Yes we had a winning cup run a couple of years ago, but I mean a league run when we regularly took points away from home and won consistently at home.

Come to think of it it's hard to remember when we last had a decent home record - it is certainly back into the Love Street era and maybe a few years back in that time too. We have had no run of success at the New St Mirren Park and to a certain extent, you could say we have failed to make it any kind of advantage.

Oh boo hoo! Grew up watching us on the first division as it was then! Yes results have been disappointing but it's my team and I was always support them! Yes it gets u down but if I wanted to support a team that constantly wins or exceeds expectations then I wouldn't be a saints fan! It's what makes the successes even more sweeter! At the end of the day it's only football more important things in life!

Oh boo hoo! Grew up watching us on the first division as it was then! Yes results have been disappointing but it's my team and I was always support them! Yes it gets u down but if I wanted to support a team that constantly wins or exceeds expectations then I wouldn't be a saints fan! It's what makes the successes even more sweeter! At the end of the day it's only football more important things in life!

100% all of the above. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I vowed to chuck it when Alex Ferguson left. I was gutted. I spat feathers and said I was chucking it after Hammarby. I swore I was chucking it after those three 1980s losing Scottish Cup semi finals and the ba' through Billy's legs as I sat soaked and depressed on a splinter ridden bench seat at Dens. Pretty sure I vowed 'never again' after getting pumped oot' the cup by a lower league diddy for the three-hundreth time. Hampden 2010 came mighty close to another hissy fit. Still here, still a moaning faced, reactionary, feather-spitting ginger whinger bawbag. Mind you, if they don't sort those fcuking HoF panels....

Edited by pozbaird

Correct , we're so poor now that attending games is now at the very bottom of my weekly to do list !

Exactly mate everyone is different but no need for people to come on here and make a song and dance about it and start another negative thread. I'm no happy clapper and do expect better but were no even at the end of August yet! Due to different reasons I miss games but at the end of the day St Mirren is my team and always will be no matter how good or bad we are playing! Edited by Big_Mougie

Very well put Mr Dickson, very well put indeed. Sometimes you surprise me, sometimes you dont.

The original poster is absolutely entitled to his opinion and his (or hers) position is entirely understandable.

As I have said previously on this damn fine forum I did not derive one moment of enjoyment for my hard earned money last season and I did think quite seriously about not renewing my beloved season ticket. I did though and thus far the return on my investment has been more dross.

A season ticket for our club is not cheap so why should we continually accept sub a sub standard product?

Careful Tom... With comments like that some auld duffer of an alias may come along and insist you are "no supporter of St mirren".... But then again you would need another alias to make said comment!