How The Natsi's Work - From The Inside

Stuart Dickson

Is this really the right thread for investigating Dicko's child maintenance arrangements?

Initially the reason for bringing it up was my pointing out that local SNP MP Marion Fellows had assisted me in getting a wage arrestment order put in place on my ex wife to recover the arrears she's accrued whilst neglecting to pay her share of her own childs upkeep. Who would have thought that what I saw as the positive actions of an SNP MP would cause so much angst and derision amongst the forums Natsi community?

You still have not explained why such a high earner as you has to try to get money for child maintenance from your ex-wife. Could it be revenge?

I don't get parents who use their own children to score points you would think parents could sit down and agree what is best for the children. You just know Stuart would never give up even when he has been proved many times over telling porky pies ridiculed and slaughtered he still bounces back with a thick red neck as if nothing has happened. Could you imagine having to work with him when something goes wrong he would talk his way out of any situation. Scary.

I don't get parents who use their own children to score points you would think parents could sit down and agree what is best for the children. You just know Stuart would never give up even when he has been proved many times over telling porky pies ridiculed and slaughtered he still bounces back with a thick red neck as if nothing has happened. Could you imagine having to work with him when something goes wrong he would talk his way out of any situation. Scary.

Who is trying to score points? This is simply a case of justice. It is never right that an absent parent refuse to pay their share of the upkeep of their child. Going to the Child Maintenance Service is not a case of scoring points and I'd suggest that you wouldn't dare make such a suggestion if it was the case of a mother trying to get an absent father to pay his way.

Who is trying to score points? This is simply a case of justice. It is never right that an absent parent refuse to pay their share of the upkeep of their child. Going to the Child Maintenance Service is not a case of scoring points and I'd suggest that you wouldn't dare make such a suggestion if it was the case of a mother trying to get an absent father to pay his way.

Stuart my child comes before anything as such I would sit down with my wife and sort what is best for her. If my wife was full of rage would be happy for my daughter to pick who she wants to stay with. Like most fathers would give my daughter my last 50p if that's all I had.

The child is priority one if a mother is not paying maintenance I for one would not be chasing up the money. The child when older will soon understand who was supporting them and who was not.

Stuart my child comes before anything as such I would sit down with my wife and sort what is best for her. If my wife was full of rage would be happy for my daughter to pick who she wants to stay with. Like most fathers would give my daughter my last 50p if that's all I had.

The child is priority one if a mother is not paying maintenance I for one would not be chasing up the money. The child when older will soon understand who was supporting them and who was not.

Oh my kids are well aware of who is supporting them and who isn't :rolleyes: It couldn't be plainer for anyone who knows either family.

IoBS, if someone owes you money - lets say it's one of those PPI claims - you'd pursue it wouldn't you? You might not need the £1k or whatever you are due back but the point is it's your money and no-one should be able to take it from you. Yes? The same principle applies here. The absent parent has to pay maintenance to the parent with custody of the child - that's the law. My ex hasn't been doing so and as such she's accrued arrears and the Child Maintenance Service has followed every step open to them and in the end they too have been frustrated to the point where they've put in place a wage arrestment order which has - as far as I understand it from my case worker - been signed off by a sheriff.

It's awfy easy to claim that you'll be generous and chivalrous in the event of a split, but the reality of a marriage break up is that they are almost always acrimonious no matter of the starting intent and as a piece of open advice for anyone who might be about to land up in the same situation, it's never too early to get a lawyer involved, and it's never to early to go to the CMS.

And that is the problem.

When it is done in revenge to satisfy some righteous desire to punish the other party then you have forgotten who the real victim is in a divorce - the children.

The children in this have seen their father carry out a feud with their mother when there could easily have been a clean break.

Dragging it out when financially it is totally unnecessary to do so is borderline criminal TBH and could seriously damage the kids in terms of their own ability to trust people.

This has clearly been done without a single thought to the kids. It's all about revenge and punishment and that's a real shame.

I'm prepared to bet the ex-wife is not earning very much so any sort of financial penalty is probably hugely damaging for her as well causing her problems moving on with her own new life. It just all smacks of nastiness and bullying.

But then, when did Dicko ever think of anyone else when he was pursuing his own agenda?

Classic narcissist.

Edited by oaksoft

But why did you? You don't have to get them involved. It could all have been sorted out during the divorce. The only time that they have to get involved is when the parent with care is claiming benefits (like JSA, not Child Benefit). You say it is all about justice but you could have done that through the court during the divorce, without having to get the CMS involved, and then went back through the court if she failed to pay. The only reason to get them involved if you are not on benefits is revenge, not justice.

That's utter rubbish.

https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/eligibility

It has nothing to do with benefits - not ever, not at all.

And that is the problem.

When it is done in revenge to satisfy some righteous desire to punish the other party then you have forgotten who the real victim is in a divorce - the children.

The children in this have seen their father carry out a feud with their mother when there could easily have been a clean break.

Dragging it out when financially it is totally unnecessary to do so is borderline criminal TBH and could seriously damage the kids in terms of their own ability to trust people.

This has clearly been done without a single thought to the kids. It's all about revenge and punishment and that's a real shame.

I'm prepared to bet the ex-wife is not earning very much so any sort of financial penalty is probably hugely damaging for her as well causing her problems moving on with her own new life. It just all smacks of nastiness and bullying.

But then, when did Dicko ever think of anyone else when he was pursuing his own agenda?

Classic narcissist.

The kids are fine but I'll let them know you are thinking of them. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

The kids are fine but I'll let them know you are thinking of them. rolleyes.gif

You told us that one of your sons despite living in the lap of luxury which your £150k salary provides is currently trying to sue his own mother for yet more money with you whooping and hollering your support behind him, egging him on.

That doesn't sound like any description of "fine" that I am familiar with.

The dealings I had with the CSA were laughable.

Wife removes child from family home.

I become the "absent parent".

I pay CSA payments as per the law based on declared earnings to HMRC.

I was a self employed agent at the time.

My major source of income, 95%, goes bust in the September.

CSA don't recognise this and only suggest I file new tax returns ASAP.

This I duly do the following April.

Based on the new figures CSA send a new demand in the June for me to pay monthly, with the words "you have apparently overpaid".

The place the "overpayment" in the wrong column causing an increase in my direct debit payments instead of a decrease.

I appeal to their appeals system who say that I should have appealed in the September before, and suggest I appeal to the Secretary of Scotland.

I appeal to the Secretary of State of Scotland. Filling out many pages of evidence. The form asks at the end if I can précis the nature of my appeal. I write in the box. "The CSA are stealing my money and are refusing to give me it back".

The Secretary of State's verdict is,

"Having taken on board your comments and I am duty bound to look only at their interpretation of the Child Support Act, I have come to the conclusion they are not contravening the Act and the problem is an administrative error and not within the remit of the Secretary of State for Scotland".

I subsequently, after two years of attending Dumbarton Sheriff Court, was granted custody of my child.

I stopped paying the monies to the CSA as soon as I was granted custody.

The CSA would call me, for example, on a Thursday evening in September. State I was the "absent parent" as my exwife in Rochdale was due back payments. I would bring my daughter to the phone and ask her to tell the lady on the phone where she lived and the name of the school she was going to in the morning. Once my daughter had done that I would then ask the lady from the CSA if she had any more questions and was she aware that I had not received any CSA payments from the person she was representing. She had no answers. I must have received 5 similar calls from 5 different people.

My situation was not resolved until fate intervened. I was at a St. Mirren game at Love Street and I saw an old friend from 20 years earlier sitting in the Director's box. We chatted at half time. I told him that I was getting letters from the CSA in Newcastle with his name on it. Somebody bringing his good name into disrepute. His face feel and he said that whilst he didn't see all the letters going out he was the signature at the bottom. He took my name and address and promised me he would get his "top resolution officer" on the case, but he could not interfere. I was duly contacted, received my overpayments back, and also received an automated cheque for £100 from a Preston address with no covering letter. It was from the CSA for my inconvenience.

My exwife never paid me CSA money.

Enough said.

You told us that one of your sons despite living in the lap of luxury which your £150k salary provides is currently trying to sue his own mother for yet more money with you whooping and hollering your support behind him, egging him on.

That doesn't sound like any description of "fine" that I am familiar with.

He's doing it off his own bat with no encouragement from me. His older brothers girlfriend is a lawyer. She's helping him.

He's doing it off his own bat with no encouragement from me. His older brothers girlfriend is a lawyer. She's helping him.

Yes that sounds like a sane well balanced family with all priorities absolutely correct.

This is a classic case of hatred, pig headedness and narcissism being passed down through the family tree from father to son.

The boy is only following the appalling example set by his father.

What a family!

The dealings I had with the CSA were laughable.

Wife removes child from family home.

I become the "absent parent".

I pay CSA payments as per the law based on declared earnings to HMRC.

I was a self employed agent at the time.

My major source of income, 95%, goes bust in the September.

CSA don't recognise this and only suggest I file new tax returns ASAP.

This I duly do the following April.

Based on the new figures CSA send a new demand in the June for me to pay monthly, with the words "you have apparently overpaid".

The place the "overpayment" in the wrong column causing an increase in my direct debit payments instead of a decrease.

I appeal to their appeals system who say that I should have appealed in the September before, and suggest I appeal to the Secretary of Scotland.

I appeal to the Secretary of State of Scotland. Filling out many pages of evidence. The form asks at the end if I can précis the nature of my appeal. I write in the box. "The CSA are stealing my money and are refusing to give me it back".

The Secretary of State's verdict is,

"Having taken on board your comments and I am duty bound to look only at their interpretation of the Child Support Act, I have come to the conclusion they are not contravening the Act and the problem is an administrative error and not within the remit of the Secretary of State for Scotland".

I subsequently, after two years of attending Dumbarton Sheriff Court, was granted custody of my child.

I stopped paying the monies to the CSA as soon as I was granted custody.

The CSA would call me, for example, on a Thursday evening in September. State I was the "absent parent" as my exwife in Rochdale was due back payments. I would bring my daughter to the phone and ask her to tell the lady on the phone where she lived and the name of the school she was going to in the morning. Once my daughter had done that I would then ask the lady from the CSA if she had any more questions and was she aware that I had not received any CSA payments from the person she was representing. She had no answers. I must have received 5 similar calls from 5 different people.

My situation was not resolved until fate intervened. I was at a St. Mirren game at Love Street and I saw an old friend from 20 years earlier sitting in the Director's box. We chatted at half time. I told him that I was getting letters from the CSA in Newcastle with his name on it. Somebody bringing his good name into disrepute. His face feel and he said that whilst he didn't see all the letters going out he was the signature at the bottom. He took my name and address and promised me he would get his "top resolution officer" on the case, but he could not interfere. I was duly contacted, received my overpayments back, and also received an automated cheque for £100 from a Preston address with no covering letter. It was from the CSA for my inconvenience.

My exwife never paid me CSA money.

Enough said.

Fortunately my experience has been nowhere near as bad as yours. I do get the feeling though it all very much depends on the quality of the case worker you get. I was lucky enough in the beginning to have a very thorough case worker. The 15 - 20 minute phone calls were well worth it as he documented everything and was completely by the book.

After the tribunal my case was moved to Micheldean and it all went to pot there. I certainly got the feeling there wasn't much sympathy for fathers with custody there. What I would say though is don't let the matter drop. Even if you don't need the money your daughter could probably use it. There's a guy I work with who had given up then inspired by me he went back and fought for his money. He's now getting payments from his ex wife for each of his 3 kids.