Ian Murray Will Come Good

TC, your usually a fairly grounded cat but can we not agree that Murray inherited total sh!t, and therefore had to get in a goalie, a defence, a midfield and a strikeforce, which he has done. For years Saints have struggled last year was just us peaking, I agree our performances look like a team finding a way to play, but they will

Well he inherited a pretty blank canvas and was allowed to build his own team. We had about 6 players under contract for this season when he took over, and apart from Goodwin and Ridgers they were all youngsters.

Just like most managers in this league, he had to rebuild in the summer. He was appointed before last season ended so he had ample time to do so.

Maybe he will turn it around and have us in the top 4 by the time Santa comes. Maybe he won't, maybe we will still be in the bottom 3.

There's no way of knowing either way at the moment, we just need to give him until then and see what happens. I will say that based on what I've seen so far that I think it's more likely we will be in the bottom 3 on Christmas Day than the top 4, but who can say.

If we lose on Saturday we will go 10 points behind QOTS, one of the main competitors for the remaining two playoff spots. That would be a pretty tough gap to close even at this early stage in the season...

If Murray has us finishing in 4th place or better by the last game of the season I don't think that anyone would argue that wasn't a success after where the club were when he took over (losing mentality and negative atmosphere around the club) and having to rebuild almost from scratch. If we can start putting in some coherent performances in the next month and pick up more points and if we are within striking distance of the top 4 by the end of January and also putting some distance between ourselves and 9th spot I'll be pleased at the signs of progress after a tough start.

Signings that Murray has made which have yet to look good one month into the season: Thompson, Gow, Conlan, Agnew, Carswell, while Howieson is looking like he could become the new Aaron Mooy. Given the number of signings we have made since Murray took over a high proportion have yet to prove they will do a job for us this season and its a bit early to boast Murray hasn't signed duds like DL, TC or GT.

I must be watching a different player but Agnew is a dangerous midfielder with a cracking left foot and a big threat for us going forward. He's already scored 3 goals. How can you say he is yet to look good?

What we need to do is get this guy at the edge of the oppositions box at every opportunity and tell him to shoot on sight

I must be watching a different player but Agnew is a dangerous midfielder with a cracking left foot and a big threat for us going forward. He's already scored 3 goals. How can you say he is yet to look good?

What we need to do is get this guy at the edge of the oppositions box at every opportunity and tell him to shoot on sight

Ross Caldwell also looked dangerous playing against a team also 2 leagues below us and scored 2 goals in 1 cup game. Agnew has a got a good shot on him from outside the box, but he is part of a midfield being rolled over by every team we play against in our own league. I'm not seeing a silky midfielder like Kenny McLean, or someone with the industry of John McGinn, or someone that can run the show like Paul McGowan, or that is a decent wide player like Gary Teale or a battling sitting midfielder like Jim Goodwin.

If Murray has us finishing in 4th place or better by the last game of the season I don't think that anyone would argue that wasn't a success after where the club were when he took over (losing mentality and negative atmosphere around the club) and having to rebuild almost from scratch. If we can start putting in some coherent performances in the next month and pick up more points and if we are within striking distance of the top 4 by the end of January and also putting some distance between ourselves and 9th spot I'll be pleased at the signs of progress after a tough start.

This hits the spot.......We had years of struggling around the bottom of the SPL and had been saved a few times by teams being in the shit until the time came that there was no teams in that position .Our time was up through mainly spending cuts which finally caught up with us,so we now find ourselves in this division and will find it hard for a couple of seasons (maybe a few more) so 4th this year won't be too bad IMHO

Edited by linwood buddie

I'm not convinced that Murray even knows what he is doing!

As TC points out, he has not only choped and changed his line up every game, he's chopped and changed the formation and tactics from game to game. Indeed, he's chopped and changed the formation and tactics within games.

I get the horrible feeling that he's making it up as he goes along.

Better to chop and change and get it right now. Later on in the season he won't have that luxury.

I slightly agree with that . After Thomo went off we did look weaker .

If they had any cutting edge about them , we could have got punished .

For me , we look at our best attacking and having a go .

A very small criticism on a near perfect day .