Ian Murray Will Come Good

One win is hardly 'turning the corner'!

Your post basically backs up what I have said... One win and Murray is the new Pep Guardiola... And he's been given big resources (by this division's standards) to sign quality players.

As far as Goodwin is concerned, he made us a bit less shit when he came into the team.

Not playing Goodwin was a mistake.

Yes one win is turning the corner, when you have no wins, a couple of draws off the back of relegation, a win against a team that beat us a few team over last few years is progress.

The reason we are better is cause we are gelling, it takes time, whether Goodwin is in team or not is irrelevant . Please don't sound like Tommy Craig. Eh cause you are. And of course that means tactically your a fanny!!

I think we would all have taken 5 points from the last 3 games. Cappielow, Livi at home and QOTS away. We've got them, maybe not in the order we would have expected but we've got the points on the board.

The 2 really disappointing games this season are the home losses to Dumbarton in the league and Livi in the cup. Had those two went the other way we'd currently be reflecting on a very solid start to the season.

If we are going to push onwards and upwards towards the playoff spots we really need to put together a run of results. We are currently 3 games unbeaten, if we can extend that to a 7 or 8 game unbeaten run with 3 or 4 wins we will be right back in the mixer.

Although we have 80 posts on this, the question is will Ian Murray come good.... the answer is Yes. Unless your Sevco with the ability(illegally) to pay 3-6k a week to players who are better than 90% in the SPFL, you are going to have a period of time where you need to see who performs where in a live game scenario .

We are unbeaten in 3 games, we have just won at a tough venue, you take Sevco out of this league and its a very competitive league. I argue that Hibs have a better team, they don't. It will come down to tactics and desire and belief. Its obvious after Sat that the players are seeing this starting to pay off, We have some super kids and good experience , a good formula. Murray will manage at a far higher level but he took this on because he sees our potential.

Now anyone who questions a manager after 4-5 games is either the owner of Watford or not really up in the way that teams perform. If you want a team that performs, away and do a Chic and sit in the Broomielaw stand along with the other fat,glory seeking, short term tossers

I think it is worth stating that we have a good core to the team of experience and that will be of huge benefit as the season progresses. This is a new team, new tactics and and new coaches.... Like others have stated we can't pay Rangers wages and get English championship level players so it was always going to take our team longer to gel. I think that as the season goes on when we have a dip in form we will have the ability to grind out results as the team will know each others game more and the experienced guys will help with this.

Although we have 80 posts on this, the question is will Ian Murray come good.... the answer is Yes. Unless your Sevco with the ability(illegally) to pay 3-6k a week to players who are better than 90% in the SPFL, you are going to have a period of time where you need to see who performs where in a live game scenario .

We are unbeaten in 3 games, we have just won at a tough venue, you take Sevco out of this league and its a very competitive league. I argue that Hibs have a better team, they don't. It will come down to tactics and desire and belief. Its obvious after Sat that the players are seeing this starting to pay off, We have some super kids and good experience , a good formula. Murray will manage at a far higher level but he took this on because he sees our potential.

Now anyone who questions a manager after 4-5 games is either the owner of Watford or not really up in the way that teams perform. If you want a team that performs, away and do a Chic and sit in the Broomielaw stand along with the other fat,glory seeking, short term tossers

Totally disagree with your entire post.

In his first 6 games against Championship opposition, Murray has chopped and changed his line up and tactics, not just on a game by game basis but withn games themselves. He also didn't play Goodwin and dropped Thompson. The results were dreadful.

I think supporters are perfectly entitled to question the manager.

With regards to seeing a team perform - I want to see us perform to a level where we will reach the play offs.

If you don't see that as realistic then you and your happy clappy pals should go away and support a smaller club.

Edited by nosferatu

Yes one win is turning the corner, when you have no wins, a couple of draws off the back of relegation, a win against a team that beat us a few team over last few years is progress.

The reason we are better is cause we are gelling, it takes time, whether Goodwin is in team or not is irrelevant . Please don't sound like Tommy Craig. Eh cause you are. And of course that means tactically your a fanny!!

Deary me. Sunk to the levels of personal abuse.

When someone sinks to personal abuse it means they have lost the debate and lost the plot.

On ignore now.

Totally disagree with your entire post.

In his first 6 games against Championship opposition, Murray has chopped and changed his line up and tactics, not just on a game by game basis but withn games themselves. He also didn't play Goodwin and dropped Thompson. The results were dreadful.

I think supporters are perfectly entitled to question the manager.

With regards to seeing a team perform - I want to see us perform to a level where we will reach the play offs.

If you don't see that as realistic then you and your happy clappy pals should go away and support a smaller club.

Ok back on planet earth now.

For a start you are a totally negative troll so I will temper my reply.

You cant even count as its five games and last 3 unbeaten. After FIVE games you cannot predict we wont finish in top 4, unless a troll crystal ball. If you are being serious ( which is hilarious!!) then what you are entitled to is honest performances, and yes that it what we are seeing. I support St Mirren, not sure who your team is , but anyone who does support Saints has always and will always look at the bigger picture.

And yes I am happy my team won on last time out versus a team that did make play offs,

Looking forward to tomorrow's game, i think we can carry on from where we left off.

I agree. Was very encouraged by last weeks result and performance against a team some gave us no chance against. The squad looks good on paper and is starting to look decent on the park.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game, i think we can carry on from where we left off.

I agree. Was very encouraged by last weeks result and performance against a team some gave us no chance against. The squad looks good on paper and is starting to look decent on the park.

post-4944-0-53758400-1441974225_thumb.jp

Indeed. The fact that there are predictions of relegation from some despite not having seen all the teams in the league can be summed up thus. Then again, such things can be justified because they "want to see the club do well". Unlike the rest of us, eh.....?

Ok back on planet earth now.

For a start you are a totally negative troll so I will temper my reply.

You cant even count as its five games and last 3 unbeaten. After FIVE games you cannot predict we wont finish in top 4, unless a troll crystal ball. If you are being serious ( which is hilarious!!) then what you are entitled to is honest performances, and yes that it what we are seeing. I support St Mirren, not sure who your team is , but anyone who does support Saints has always and will always look at the bigger picture.

And yes I am happy my team won on last time out versus a team that did make play offs,

you forgot the LC game against livi, so it is 6 against championship opposition (7 now)

Edited by beyond our ken

OK lets look at stats (which is apparently the only thing that Spalding is capable of or has any experience of) Ian Murrays record in last seasons championship, Games 36, won 9, lost 20 , drew 7, goals for 36, goals against 79. league place 7th of 10.

Poor uninspiring choice of manager (as i have stated from day one) i was however willing to give him the benefit of doubt, since he has come to be the manager of a full time team, unfortunately he is now on course to equal or achieve slightly worse or slightly better stats this season, which could mean 8th or 6th place.

Our BOD need to admit they showed no ambition in his appointment, not by publicly admitting it, but by showing just exactly how much they are out of pocket in real terms i.e. how much they personally spent and how much they made from being directors of SMFC, show indisputable proof of this and only of what came out of their pockets and what went in to their pockets, exclude any inherited shares, prove the true amount, and sell us our proud club for that amount. You have done us proud and deserve every penny that you are now out of pocket through doing this. If that amount proves to be outwith the affordability of our support then sadly you will have to soldier on or give us it at a loss.

Your call now Douglas street ltd, you have by your own admission made mistakes last season, this season looks to be heading in the same direction.

Incidentally i have stood down from the SMiSA group who are negotiating the proposed buyout of our club, i remain on the board of SMiSA as i see fan ownership as the only way ahead for us, it has to be the fans who have the biggest say in the running of our club.

Edited by buddiecat