Murray...yer Tea Is Oot!

I was critical of the appointment too and took a lot of flack on here, as usual, for it. I was even pressed for a name of a manager that I would have preferred to have seen appointed. I gave the name Stephen Kenny and that was again greeted with much ridicule from the usual clueless clique. They claimed I should back Murray, get off his case, give him a chance etc, etc....Well one win from 9 matches says it all really, doesn't it. rolleyes.gif

Kenny, just for the record, is currently the Dundalk manager who's side are 13 points clear at the top of the Irish Premier League having lost just one match of their 29 played to date. indeed Kenny's win ratio since being appointment manager at Dundalk in November 2012 stands at a hugely impressive 69.36%, winning 77 matches, drawing 16 and losing 18 in total. In his first season at Dundalk they finished 2nd, narrowly missing top spot. In his second season Dundalk won the League and the League Cup double. In his third it looks highly likely he'll do the league and cup double again - on Friday they made it through to the FAI Cup Final.

thumbup2.gif Thought you'd post...wasn't wrong whistling.gif

I should have added you to that list!

Your anger at games must be over the top by now!

Laughing at you. :lol:

For angry read frustrated and pissed off. Stopped getting angry at football 30 years ago. I still care though and it's this you are mistaking for anger. You keep laughing I'm glad you need to resort to a football forum for your amusement. If performances and results like today really dont affect you in any way then why bother with football in general and Saints in particular and if you really don't care it makes you logging into this forum bordering on the bizarre !

I was critical of the appointment too and took a lot of flack on here, as usual, for it. I was even pressed for a name of a manager that I would have preferred to have seen appointed. I gave the name Stephen Kenny and that was again greeted with much ridicule from the usual clueless clique. They claimed I should back Murray, get off his case, give him a chance etc, etc....Well one win from 9 matches says it all really, doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Kenny, just for the record, is currently the Dundalk manager who's side are 13 points clear at the top of the Irish Premier League having lost just one match of their 29 played to date. indeed Kenny's win ratio since being appointment manager at Dundalk in November 2012 stands at a hugely impressive 69.36%, winning 77 matches, drawing 16 and losing 18 in total. In his first season at Dundalk they finished 2nd, narrowly missing top spot. In his second season Dundalk won the League and the League Cup double. In his third it looks highly likely he'll do the league and cup double again - on Friday they made it through to the FAI Cup Final.

Stephen Kenny is a pub team manager in a pub team league. His spell in charge of Dunfermline where they were relegated from the SPL then hovered perilously close to 2nd bottom in the the first division before they punted him at Christmas proved this.

Sound familiar by the way?

I was critical of the appointment too and took a lot of flack on here, as usual, for it. I was even pressed for a name of a manager that I would have preferred to have seen appointed. I gave the name Stephen Kenny and that was again greeted with much ridicule from the usual clueless clique. They claimed I should back Murray, get off his case, give him a chance etc, etc....Well one win from 9 matches says it all really, doesn't it. rolleyes.gif

Why don't you just buy the club and turn it into your own personal playthingbye1.gif

It is so very sad to see a proud club like ours playing rubbish football in the Scottish Championship League under the leadership of a totally inept manager. Going by the rumours, and I am in no way in the know, Murray is a very arrogant man, one of the reasons we got rid of Gus Mac Pherson was because of his arrogance, are we now in such a financially poor position that we are unable to remove Murray and his sidekick Spalding. We have undoubtedly had poor managers in the past, but it is my opinion, we have employed one of the worst managers in the history of St.Mirren F.C. but the same manager and his sidekick who will not resign and with money being of great importance I very much call into question if any St.Mirren fan would tender their resignation either.

Like myself I have stated that Murray will turn it round and he should be given more time, I was wrong on both counts. Their appears to be a big problem at the club, stemming from the dressing room or so it appears to me and without the full facts I doubt any of us would know the answer, what I do know is that St.Mirren are playing pitiful football led by a complete and utter disaster of a manager. The Board of Directors have to find a solution that is satisfactory to both parties on the best way on how to get rid of Murray and Spalding, or the BOD,s run the risk of once having saved the club from the brink of oblivion, to that of seeing it disappear all together. It certainly cannot be an easy decision, but surely the BOD,s are no longer willing to watch the supporters of St.Mirren suffer and be ridiculed almost every week, in particular as our chairman is suppose ably a St.Mirren diehard, mind you a once member of our BOD,s and report ably a great St.Mirren fan , was indeed a season ticket holder at Rangers F.C.

Thanks to Mr. Murray I had another dreadful night to experience stuck out here in the dark side of the world. The only benefit I get is simple ........... I wasn't there to witness another shocking display.

So where do we go from here apart from heading down to another lower division. There is something seriously wrong with our club and we need to get it sorted out NOW!

I honestly thought we would be in the top three at this moment in time, good crows, entertaining football, enjoying the experience ............. but NAW! we are in the FCUKIN bottom three, playing pish, looks like the Manager has lost the plot and we have to except this ....... time to act and do it now ...............

As a Football Club we have became a disaster since winning the League Cup.

We have went backwards when we had the chance to build a decent team with Danny Lennon as the manager

But because of various decisions by the club and bad signings both players and management we are now fighting a relegation battle to survive in a league where we should be coasting to at least a 3rd place finish.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel. Hope we can survive to the end of this season with the present pair of not so glorious manager and his sidekick in charge as they ain't going to resign.

I would hope that after recent managerial appointments and crazy contract lengths dished out, that this time the board have a clause that if the manager turns out to be shite he gets punted at no cost to the club. May be far fetched but hopefully there is something to that effect written in and Murray agreed to it.

I would hope that after recent managerial appointments and crazy contract lengths dished out, that this time the board have a clause that if the manager turns out to be shite he gets punted at no cost to the club. May be far fetched but hopefully there is something to that effect written in and Murray agreed to it.

Why would any manager agree to that?

Any contract of employment I've ever signed has had a probation period built in. Wonder if that exists in Football contracts?

Stephen Kenny is a pub team manager in a pub team league. His spell in charge of Dunfermline where they were relegated from the SPL then hovered perilously close to 2nd bottom in the the first division before they punted him at Christmas proved this.

Sound familiar by the way?

And I suppose to reckon St Mirren are a team of galacticos playing in one of the highest rated leagues in the world?

Ian Murray's experience before coming to St Mirren was as manager of a part time side, barely better than your average pub side. He actually took them backwards in year two and his sides had conceded a ridiculous number of goals - even for a pub side. Kenny's track record, in comparison, saw him having won two Irish League titles both with unfashionable sides in Bohemians and Dundalk. He'd won the FAI Cup with another unfashionable side in Derry City and had won 4 League Cups in Ireland with Derry City and once with Dundalk. He's also taken his "pub sides" into European Competition where they've matched up against the likes of Paris St German and beaten Gothenburg. Even at Dunfermline, where he took over a bankrupt and demoralised outfit 10 points adrift of St Mirren, he turned it around so that had Dunfermline won their match on the last day of that season Motherwell would have gone down. He also qualified for Europe that year, again, courtesy of the fact that his "pub side" Dunfermline made it to the Scottish Cup Final defeating the likes of Rangers en route.

Anyone backing Murray and decrying Kenny has no f**king clue about the game and their opinion on football managers should be immediately discarded.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Maybe his confidence got the better of him and he felt that he could handle working at a bigger club to improve his profile so agreed to terms of the contract. All hypothetical of course.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have agreed to anything like that.

Can't have it both ways. Had Murray been successful and a bigger club came in for him (lol) we would be due compensation.

This is the other side of the coin.

And I suppose to reckon St Mirren are a team of galacticos playing in one of the highest rated leagues in the world?

Ian Murray's experience before coming to St Mirren was as manager of a part time side, barely better than your average pub side. He actually took them backwards in year two and his sides had conceded a ridiculous number of goals - even for a pub side. Kenny's track record, in comparison, saw him having won two Irish League titles both with unfashionable sides in Bohemians and Dundalk. He'd won the FAI Cup with another unfashionable side in Derry City and had won 4 League Cups in Ireland with Derry City and once with Dundalk. He's also taken his "pub sides" into European Competition where they've matched up against the likes of Paris St German and beaten Gothenburg. Even at Dunfermline, where he took over a bankrupt and demoralised outfit 10 points adrift of St Mirren, he turned it around so that had Dunfermline won their match on the last day of that season Motherwell would have gone down. He also qualified for Europe that year, again, courtesy of the fact that his "pub side" Dunfermline made it to the Scottish Cup Final defeating the likes of Rangers en route.

Anyone backing Murray and decrying Kenny has no f**king clue about the game and their opinion on football managers should be immediately discarded.

I'd be inclined to say the same about anyone championing the cause of a manager whose only success is in the Irish league and whose previous experience in Scotland makes Tommy Craig's tenure look impressive.

Kenny came to manage in Scotland with Dunfermline having had a fantastic record in Irish football.

It would not be unkind to suggest that he was as successful at Dunfermline as Tommy Craig was at Saints.

Kenny once again hss an undeniable record in Irish football. What makes you so confident that will make him any better managing in Scotland?

I'd be inclined to say the same about anyone championing the cause of a manager whose only success is in the Irish league and whose previous experience in Scotland makes Tommy Craig's tenure look impressive.

Did Tommy Craig get someone to a Scottish Cup Final? Did he get them into Europe? Did I miss that?

You are definitely one of the clueless clique. :rolleyes:

Kenny came to manage in Scotland with Dunfermline having had a fantastic record in Irish football.

It would not be unkind to suggest that he was as successful at Dunfermline as Tommy Craig was at Saints.

Kenny once again hss an undeniable record in Irish football. What makes you so confident that will make him any better managing in Scotland?

Really Brian come on. Kenny took over a Dunfermline side well adrift of St Mirren and Motherwell and he took it to the very last match of the season. He also took Dunfermline to the Scottish Cup Final, losing 1-0 to Celtic, having beaten the likes of Rangers and Hibernian en route. Kenny has a long record of success. True most of it is in Ireland, but he's got plenty of experience of getting unfashionable clubs to win trophies and into Europe.

He would have been, and would still be, perfect for the St Mirren job - and certainly better than the names being put forward by many of the same clueless wonders who were punting Ian Murray's name around pre season and who now want him sacked.

How'd he do at Dunfermline?

And did his CV get lost in the post?

Did Tommy Craig get someone to a Scottish Cup Final? Did he get them into Europe? Did I miss that?

You are definitely one of the clueless clique. rolleyes.gif

Come on StD Tommy was the assistant and alleged brains behind a league cup win beating Celtic and Hearts along the way.. Rab has a point. If you don't agree fine but hardly a cut and dried case.

Come on StD Tommy was the assistant and alleged brains behind a league cup win beating Celtic and Hearts along the way.. Rab has a point. If you don't agree fine but hardly a cut and dried case.

Oh it certainly is cut and dried. Craig has done f**k all as a football manager in all his years in football. Kenny on the other hand has won numerous league titles, league cups and FAI cups. He's took very unfashionable teams into Europe and beaten the likes of Gothenburg over two legs. To claim the two are anywhere near remotely comparable is an utter nonsense. Rab is clueless.