Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

had a great night at the Botanics in St Andrews on saturday listening to Gallagher & Lyle.  Great venue, even if £5.50 for wee can of beer was over the limit.  Apparently they are already planning a summer series for next year up there.

Best quote of the night was Benny Gallagher telling us how McGuiness Flint got a bigger advance than Led Zeppelin when they signed their deal, but G&L were almost bankrupt at the point when Art Garfunkel recorded "breakaway" before they did.  

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Going to the Pixies at Kelvingrove bandstand tonight. Should good providing it stays dry .

Is it just Black Francis and Guests now?

I quite fancied either Seasick Steve or Arab Strap at the Bandstand but didn't get the finger out to get tickets.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I quite fancied either Seasick Steve or Arab Strap at the Bandstand but didn't get the finger out to get tickets.

No Kim Deal , not sure about the rest of the original line up . 

I went last year for De La Soul and it's a really good venue .

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Aye, it's good if weather clement.

I thought Kim had chucked it.

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, it's good if weather clement.

I thought Kim had chucked it.

She has , and her replacement got thrown out for crowd surfing or something . The rest of the line up the same (I looked at wiki) .

Think Kim is back with the Breeders .

I'm going to see The Honeycutters in Kilbarchan tomorrow.

Seasick Steve supported by Katee Kross at the bandstand on Wednesday.

Blue Rose Code supported by Reverieme in Berrit and Browns at Eurocentral on Saturday.

A fine week in store.

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Ok if the weather is fine

I was at the De La Soul gig as well and the weather ended up fine despite showers earlier on

I would have liked the Hipsway gig but that was gone pronto

She has , and her replacement got thrown out for crowd surfing or something . The rest of the line up the same (I looked at wiki) .
Think Kim is back with the Breeders .

She is back with The Breeders. They're playing Glasgow in October, for anyone that's interested. Got tickets yesterday.

20 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

She is back with The Breeders. They're playing Glasgow in October, for anyone that's interested. Got tickets yesterday.

Not got tickets yet , but probably will . Should be good .

I work up near the pavilion in Glasgow and the rise of the tribute is amazing gigs coming up include Patsy Cline, Freddie Mercury, spice Girls, and t rex, it used to be if your favourites stopped touring that was the end now it's an opportunity

3 minutes ago, Mykey said:

I work up near the pavilion in Glasgow and the rise of the tribute is amazing gigs coming up include Patsy Cline, Freddie Mercury, spice Girls, and t rex, it used to be if your favourites stopped touring that was the end now it's an opportunity

The least convincing tribute act in Scotland are, without doubt, the one that just pumped Dunfermline 6-0.

Seasick Steve was bonkers crazy genius at the Kelvingrove Bandstand last night.

Support was from Bishopbriggs lass Katee Kross who despite her tender years (19) impressed the crowd and Steve himself who mentioned her three or four times.
Great gig.

This Saturday.. If any tickets left you MUST go...

Blue Rose Code with support from Reverieme at Berrits and Browns in Eurocentral.