Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

10 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

The Breeders at the ABC last night. They were absolutely superb. Although appreciative, the crowd were a wee bit tame. Maybe I'm forgetting that it's about 25 years on and the audience aren't as young as we used to be.
The support band (Pins) were really good too. Finished off at Howling Wolf for a couple of night caps. Great night.

Was there also with the Mrs . Thought they were excellent . 

• 2 weeks later...

James Grant at the Abbey last Saturday was immense. Some great local talent on display as well.  The original songs he performed about the Glen Cinema disaster and the "found music notes" were far too good to be performed/heard only once. Hope they appear on a recording.

Alvarez Kings were again excellent last week at QMU supporting the disappointingly bland Switchfoot.

Finiflex( Finitribe) at Nice and Sleazy on Friday showcased their new album. A storming set, loved it. 

Edited by southside saint

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Miss Saint said:

Got tickets for The Killers for a week on Monday - happy! A wee night with Sir Ricky Ross and his Piano the evening before - awful happy!

My mate seen them, The Killers, in Newcastle last night.

Said they were on top form. :)

He's seen them a few times and said last night was the best concert they've done.

Edited by faraway saint

Jason Isbell was great at O2 Academy a couple of weeks ago as was Maren Morris at a sold out O2ABC last night. It was Country Jim but not as we know it !!

Rag n Bone Man on Saturday, Chris Rea later this month.

Celtic Connections in Jan/Feb. Already looking at

Lee Fields &The Expressions 23/1,

James Grant 25/1

Hayes Carll & Corb Lund 26/1

Dean Owens 2/2

Sam Outlaw 3/2 

On 11/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, FTOF said:

Big Country/Skids concert next Friday 17th at Paisley Town Hall. :thumbs2

big_country_and_skids.jpg

Aye. I'm coming up for it. Lad at work is a Big Country fanatic. Just mentioned that they were on with the skids in Paisley and he was up for going. I originally thought i'll just go up for a trip away and a few beers etc but after watching the Skids on youtube last night i'm really looking forward to the music side of the trip. What's the town hall like as a venue? Couple of bars in there?

Despite years of visiting Paisley i've never set foot in there. We're in the gallery. Is that one of those balcony type areas? Spot the non concert goer eh? :)

2 hours ago, john scott said:

Aye. I'm coming up for it. Lad at work is a Big Country fanatic. Just mentioned that they were on with the skids in Paisley and he was up for going. I originally thought i'll just go up for a trip away and a few beers etc but after watching the Skids on youtube last night i'm really looking forward to the music side of the trip. What's the town hall like as a venue? Couple of bars in there?

Despite years of visiting Paisley i've never set foot in there. We're in the gallery. Is that one of those balcony type areas? Spot the non concert goer eh? :)

Saw The Skids earlier in the year and they were excellent. Obviously, Stuart Adamson is irreplaceable, but the last time I saw Big Country a couple of years ago, they were very good too.

I saw Heaven 17 in the town hall, and we were in the gallery too, as we will be on Friday. It is up on the balcony, where you get an excellent view. I thought the sound was fine, but I'm no purist. :rolleyes:

There was definitely at least one bar there.

Looking forward to it!

I f**king love Richard Jobson!:wub:

What a man.

The Skids were absolutely magnificent, as ever.

Big Country were as good as they could be, without the sadly departed main man.

Although, even my uncultured ears thought there were a few issues with sound quality for their set. Perfect for The Skids though.

Ended up pished in The Bull. :thumbs2

Edited by FTOF

O M D - Glasgow royal concert hall, brilliant opening, then one or two sound glitches culminating with the mixing deck packing in!

Glad to say it was fixed after a fifteen minute delay,  no problems after that, finishing after 11:00.

Well done lads  for another fantastic show .

On 11/19/2017 at 3:46 PM, eastlandssaint said:

Ian Prowse and Amsterdam,  great as ever last night @  the  Admiral bar.

It was a belting night. Must have seen Pele/Amsterdam/Ian Prowse about 15 times, Saturday night was one of the best. Loved it.

They are playing in Dumfries the same day we play at QOS in March, so staying down for the gig:guinness