Paisley

shull

Bit of a gutter but oh well. Can be proud of our bid.

Need to remember that winning this is being damned with faint praise at best. Essentially the UK government is looking for what ‘city’ needs the money most. As in where is the biggest shithole where our money will make the biggest difference.

Coventry wins. Congrats.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Gutted at that result. Hopefully some of the plans the town had can still come to fruition. Would be great to see the new arts centre built on the land behind the old Arnotts building. 

Theres only one chance that will happen now, and it starts with 'N' and another letter.

so not only are we still saddled with the big feckin JD sports branding, looks like we will be the Paisley (no happening) 2021 stadium for the forseeable.

Edited by Lord Pityme

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Gutted though I thought ether Paisley or Swansea to win after all an English City Hull won the last round for an English City won Coventry won my first thought was political bullshit but that is the UK for you. Extremely disappointed . 

You didn't really think Paisley would win just to "even up" the awards because it's in Scotland? 

Maybe Coventry "won" because it was thought they had a better case, just saying. 

Guest TPAFKATS
You didn't really think Paisley would win just to "even up" the awards because it's in Scotland? 
Maybe Coventry "won" because it was thought they had a better case, just saying. 

Maybe
I'd love to know what that better case was. A ruined cathedral and Jerry Dammers?
Lady Godiva rode through topless to relieve the tedium of the place!