Paisley

shull

Funnily enough, I was sitting at the Traffic Lights in Gauze Street last night and thought to myself, the Town Hall and the Abbey look absolutely magnificent.

They are and add St Mirren Cathedral to the list, three lovely buildings..............what about the rest

Erm , naw

Whoever sanctioned that Piazza build should have been jailed for vanadalism, ffs, the Luftwaffe couldn't have carried out a better ruination of the town centre

They are and add St Mirren Cathedral to the list, three lovely buildings..............what about the rest

Erm , naw

Whoever sanctioned that Piazza build should have been jailed for vanadalism, ffs, the Luftwaffe couldn't have carried out a better ruination of the town centre

This. At some point in our lifetime I hope they will demolish the Piazza and open up the river again.

What a huge waste of time that monstrosity is !

Erm , naw

This. At some point in our lifetime I hope they will demolish the Piazza and open up the river again.

What a huge waste of time that monstrosity is !

OH FFS!!! Fed up hearing about it! It happened its not being knocked down and its time to look forward and not back! That's the problem with a huge majority of Buddies, their glass is half empty ( you only need to read this forum to realise that!!!). This is a fantastic opportunity for Paisley and there seems to be a genuine buzz about the place. I hope Buddies will get behind this bid and stop banging on about the build over the river and Braehead Shopping Centre!!!!

Ten reasons why Paisley is the dug's danglies... Anyone know what a Paisley 'buddy' is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34808907

First person to post 'ten reasons why Paisley is shit' gets a slap. That's you StuDick. Button it.

Edited by pozbaird

Guest TPAFKATS

There's not quite as much culture in Paisley since they moved the bacteriology laboratory from the RAH to the Death Star.

The death star had a name change, it's now the busy Lizzie

Ten reasons why Paisley is the dug's danglies... Anyone know what a Paisley 'buddy' is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34808907

First person to post 'ten reasons why Paisley is shit' gets a slap. That's you StuDick. Button it.

First four

Thistle fan, 2 Green Vermin fans and a Blue Bigot FC 1873 ( deceased ) fan.

• 1 month later...

Just to bump this back up:

My heart, my head, they say the same,
When it comes to talkin’ ‘bout ma hame
Paisley with it’s Museum and gallery,
Anchor Mills and Woodside cemetery.
Glennifer Braes, overseeing the town,
Coats Observatory, brings the stars down.
The Sma shot Cottages, with looms to see,
And where you can sit down to a cup of tea.
There’s Paisley Abbey, and it’s history,
Known to be once, a Cluniac Monastery
It was often frequented by noble kings,
And taught William Wallace many things.
There’s the famous bard, Tannahill by name,
Whose work could put Rabbie Burns to shame.
The tribute to him and the brothers Coats
In the form of statues edge our roads
John Witherspoon, a Buddie, is on display,
He was a founding father of the USA.
Barshaw Park with it’s garden veiled,
And a place for quiet, in Saucel Hill.
Meetinghouse Lane, The Wynd as well,
The High Church steeples have tales to tell.
In the centre of town, the Cenotaph stays,
Visit the PACE theatre and enjoy their plays.
But the best part of Paisley, is, in my mind,
The Buddies who stay there, the best you will find.

• 1 month later...

OH FFS!!! Fed up hearing about it! It happened its not being knocked down and its time to look forward and not back! That's the problem with a huge majority of Buddies, their glass is half empty ( you only need to read this forum to realise that!!!). This is a fantastic opportunity for Paisley and there seems to be a genuine buzz about the place. I hope Buddies will get behind this bid and stop banging on about the build over the river and Braehead Shopping Centre!!!!

Agree we have to look at what is now , however you cant ignore the fact some short sighted twat in planning gave the go ahead for the centre feature of the town a river running straight through the middle of it to be covered up with a square block of concrete not just that also knock down county buildings the old Police headquarters which was part of the castile style building of the railway station. Totally unforgivable.

A town should never forget its roots the river cart is why Paisley was built in the first place like many towns do because of rivers , Glasgow . Perth , Dumfries and many more.

Still hope the old lady makes the status