Saints V Queens 6/2/16

bluto

Already made it quite clear I am not paying £20 to watch second division football. Liiks like plenty others are catching on now as the attendance was paltry.

Your the one that's been critical about the crowd

Why not at least applaud the supporters that do bother to attend through the rough times.

Sorry, you have picked that up wrongly. I have been making the point that football is far too expensive and that £20 to watch a match in this country - whether its second division or even premiership - is outrageous.

The only way clubs will get the message is by fans voting with their feet, that what I have been doing all season.

Would you not agree that - even forgetting how dreadful Saints have been this season - they had a nerve charging the same as last term despite being relegated ?

I could quite easily afford to pay the entry fee but will not be taken for a mug. All we hear on phone -ins etc are fans and pundits saying "Yes it far too expensive to get into football these days etc etc", but no-one does anything about it. Well this is the Frogs stance and I wont budge ( or even hop) from it.

Just as a matter of interest, do you personally think £20 is value for second tier football ?

I think you will find fans are voting with their feet. We are at least 25% down this season from last. I am not disagreeing that £20 is not representative of the product, however it is about Support, as in the team needs us. I have seen, the great days, the good days the ok days and the rest and there is a core to any side. So is it about the product? Is it not about turning up, shouting, screaming, going thru every emotion (and that's just the warm up!!) And like most on here, seeing the team win 2 weeks back to back at home. That's worth £20 easy

I think you will find fans are voting with their feet. We are at least 25% down this season from last. I am not disagreeing that £20 is not representative of the product, however it is about Support, as in the team needs us. I have seen, the great days, the good days the ok days and the rest and there is a core to any side. So is it about the product? Is it not about turning up, shouting, screaming, going thru every emotion (and that's just the warm up!!) And like most on here, seeing the team win 2 weeks back to back at home. That's worth £20 easy

Maybe worth £20.

Definitely not worth £40 though.

Or even £21.

Your the one that's been critical about the crowd

Why not at least applaud the supporters that do bother to attend through the rough times.

Again, its not just the fact we are terrible that keeps me away. Ive been watching Saints for decades and have seen some dreadful stuff so I`m not a fair weather fan. The point I am making is that my team wont - for whatever reason - sign any decent players supposedly because it is skint. This at a time when the fans are being grossly overcharged.Gates are plummetting as anyone could see on Saturday. There must be lots of fans who would love to go back and cheer on the Saints but are excluded due to cost. Many went before but now cant afford, or like me, refuse to be fleeced.

Please dont respond by quoting admission prices in continental Europe or England, thats irrelevant.

If Saints cant afford to charge less than £20 a time, then they need to rethink their outgoings.

Anyway I can see my point of view is not well supported on this forum but its just my own feelings. I still admire those who continue to attend and wish them all the best.

Again, its not just the fact we are terrible that keeps me away. Ive been watching Saints for decades and have seen some dreadful stuff so I`m not a fair weather fan. The point I am making is that my team wont - for whatever reason - sign any decent players because it is skint. This at a time when the fans are being grossly overcharged.Gates are plummetting as anyone could see on Saturday. There must be lots of fans who would love to go back and cheer on the Saints but are excluded due to cost. Many went before but now cant afford, or like me, refuse to be fleeced.

Please dont respond by quoting admission prices in continental Europe or England, thats irrelevant.

If Saints cant afford to charge less than £20 a time, then they need to rethink their outgoings.

Anyway I can see my point of view is not well supported on this forum but its just my own feelings. I still admire those who continue to attend and wish them all the best.

How much in your opinion would be a reasonable amount our skint club should be taking at gate, considering we can't afford to bring in decent players.

Without quoting admission prices outside of Scotland, this following article was from a couple of seasons ago.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23960856

Edited by pod

How much in your opinion would be a reasonable amount our skint club should be taking at gate, considering we can't afford to bring in decent players.

Without quoting admission prices outside of Scotland, this following article was from a couple of seasons ago.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23960856

Can I jump in.

I happen to agree that Scottish football is grossly overpriced.

That said, there has to be a multilateral approach to addressing this issue, if clubs showing a willingness to adopt a more realistic pricing structure are not to be disadvantaged. In the absence of such an approach, however, I still believe that the club should seriously consider £15 as a maximum admission price.

Ideally it should be £12, but the club would buckle if it tried to introduce such a pricing structure in isolation.

Froggie is correct on this one, though. £20 is preposterous.

Can I jump in.

That said, there has to be a multilateral approach to addressing this issue, if clubs showing a willingness to adopt a more realistic pricing structure are not to be disadvantaged. In the absence of such an approach, however, I still believe that the club should seriously consider £15 as a maximum admission price.

Ideally it should be £12, but the club would buckle if it tried to introduce such a pricing structure in isolation.

Especially when it equates to £20 per shot on target at home in the 'second division'.

Can I jump in.

Don't disagree, but it has to be throughout Scottish football or we'll never compete even in this division.

Already made it quite clear I am not paying £20 to watch second division football. Liiks like plenty others are catching on now as the attendance was paltry.

watching it in the hoose for just over a fiver is much more civilized, nae vomitory bog snotters and crazy northbank hombres to contend with.

I sit in front of the telly put my djemba djemba bunnet and scarf on and pee in a bucket and it feels like being at new love street, only thing I miss is not being able to coont the airyplanes.

I've made one part of my couch the family section so ah cannae swear on wan cushion but I can swear if I sit on the other cushion

Edited by murray street