St Mirren V Partick Thistle Scottish Cup Friday 8/1/15

shull

Not on tv, st Mirren making a real effort to appeal to a wide market.

I assume gates are down, they're trying something new and should be applauded.

St Mirren fans should be falling over themselves to support their team. A new manager being tested out against opposition his club we're going toe to toe with, last season.

A Friday night, to wipe away the first week back at work? Jump on it.

I can't believe the malaise from sections of the Buddies on here.

I'm not totally against Friday night football but if the clubs are wanting to try something new then why not go for a Saturday evening kick off? The match could start at 5.30 allowing those who had already made plans to attend on the Saturday to still attend. It wouldnt be too late for the weans and those who want a pre / post match bevvy would have plenty of time to indulge. Possibly having a more positive affect on hospitality numbers as well. Seems a better option imho.

Edited by davidg

Think the club shot themselves in the foot with this fixture when a decent money maker was within their reach.

Friday night game, reason for switch given... "Just because" we wanted to try it.

Then the silly ticket pricing schedule that actually puts people off making their minds up/buying last minute as they would be paying a whole load more than the punter sitting next to them.

Why, not Saturday and reduced prices right up till kick off? Is that too "Blue Sky" for the club?

Think the club shot themselves in the foot with this fixture when a decent money maker was within their reach.

Friday night game, reason for switch given... "Just because" we wanted to try it.

Then the silly ticket pricing schedule that actually puts people off making their minds up/buying last minute as they would be paying a whole load more than the punter sitting next to them.

Why, not Saturday and reduced prices right up till kick off? Is that too "Blue Sky" for the club?

I think, if the Thistle figures are anywhere near accurate, that there will be a crowd of over 5000 (maybe even a bit more) which with the way we've been performing isn't too bad. I know of four "Saturday golfers" going because it is on Friday and I'm sure there will be some amateur footballers in the same position.

What would be good would be a decent signing either today or tomorrow to get some enthusiasm with one or two of the "dis-contents" and get them to come along too (although I know that may be unlikely!!).

I'm not totally against Friday night football but if the clubs are wanting to try something new then why not go for a Saturday evening kick off? The match could start at 5.30 allowing those who had already made plans to attend on the Saturday to still attend. It wouldnt be too late for the weans and those who want a pre / post match bevvy would have plenty of time to indulge. Possibly having a more positive affect on hospitality numbers as well. Seems a better option imho.

Maybe they'll try a Saturday evening next time.

I think, if the Thistle figures are anywhere near accurate, that there will be a crowd of over 5000 (maybe even a bit more) which with the way we've been performing isn't too bad. I know of four "Saturday golfers" going because it is on Friday and I'm sure there will be some amateur footballers in the same position.

What would be good would be a decent signing either today or tomorrow to get some enthusiasm with one or two of the "dis-contents" and get them to come along too (although I know that may be unlikely!!).

I would like to share your enthusiasm, but anyone considering buying a ticket now (on the back of decent signing etc) will feel that they are being penalised, and subsidising those who could afford to buy in advance. I honestly don't get why it cant be the discounted price for all?

And a feckin Saturday! That is what put me off. (Travel, weather, late finish)

Its not like it will sell out and loads of tickets start turning up on Viagogo, or Stub Hub.

You have to also factor in reality of no home win all season, and up against a team performing well at a higher level, compared to us getting ridden by Livi, and sqeaking it against Morton.

I would estimate the gate to be between 3500 & 4000, and if so the club have effectively done themselves out of selling another 1000 plus tickets, which is just plain barmy!

Great if we sneak a result, however league safety, consistency and stability are King at the moment. Enjoy the Zorbing!

I can't believe the malaise from sections of the Buddies on here.

Let me try to explain to you. We haven't won at home all season in the league, our last home game was on Boxing Day with our new manager in charge. After winning 2-0 away to Alloa hopes were high that we might win our first home game against a managerless Livingston, we were humped 4-1.

We haven't brought in any new players, why would you think that we would be queuing up to buy tickets to see us most likely lose?

The reason for the poor take up is down to the fact we haven't won at home all season.

Thistle on the other hand are having a good season and are selling tickets like hot cakes.

Let me try to explain to you. We haven't won at home all season in the league, our last home game was on Boxing Day with our new manager in charge. After winning 2-0 away to Alloa hopes were high that we might win our first home game against a managerless Livingston, we were humped 4-1.

We haven't brought in any new players, why would you think that we would be queuing up to buy tickets to see us most likely lose?

Works for me.

why would you think that we would be queuing up to buy tickets to see us most likely lose?

I've already given a few reasons earlier in the thread. Maybe I just had St Mirren fans down as supporting their club through thick and thin. Proud to follow their team.

But hey, you'll "most likely lose". So f**k that, eh?

Edited by dave.j

I would like to share your enthusiasm, but anyone considering buying a ticket now (on the back of decent signing etc) will feel that they are being penalised, and subsidising those who could afford to buy in advance. I honestly don't get why it cant be the discounted price for all?

And a feckin Saturday! That is what put me off. (Travel, weather, late finish)

Its not like it will sell out and loads of tickets start turning up on Viagogo, or Stub Hub.

You have to also factor in reality of no home win all season, and up against a team performing well at a higher level, compared to us getting ridden by Livi, and sqeaking it against Morton.

I would estimate the gate to be between 3500 & 4000, and if so the club have effectively done themselves out of selling another 1000 plus tickets, which is just plain barmy!

Great if we sneak a result, however league safety, consistency and stability are King at the moment. Enjoy the Zorbing!

For someone repeatedly shown up for being full of shit, you continue to state opinion as fact!

I've already given a few reasons earlier in the thread. Maybe I just had St Mirren fans down as supportering their club through thick and thin. Proud to follow their team.

But hey, you most likely lose. So f**k that, eh?

So how many Thistle fans went to Parkhead on Saturday?

Can't really understand why some fans would give this game a body swerve .

If you can afford to go and don't have any other commitments , then there is no excuse as far as I'm concerned .

Get behind the the new management team and the team .

We have a new manager that has played 3 games 2 of which we won while keeping a clean sheet in both. Two local teams playing a Scottish cup tie. Every Saints fan who is free to attend should.

I'm looking forward to the match. A welcome break from the pressure of what has been a f**king hellish league campaign.

I know the Friday night game doesn't suit everyone but I love them.

Bring it on Kingsley. You c**t.