Billy Mehmet

billymehmet1

The big man is on back of the PDE saying he wants a return to st mirren. Surely this has got to happen ASAP

With shank land almost certain to head back to Aberdeen in a few weeks surely use the cash to bring back the legend

I would love to see him return and with thomo almost finished as we'll surely 6 months of them playing together would be great for us two guys who genuinely love the club

Billy Mehmet is a feckin goal machine............

.........compared to any of the following jokers who have played with our club over the last few years......Ball, Marwood, Wylde, Bahookie, Arcunt, etc

How can you even mention the great man's name in that company?

I'm moist at the thought of this.

Remember meeting him in hospitality a couple of years ago. Would have been 2013/14 season I think.

He said the same then that he would love to come back and he was essentially there to look for a contract. Never got one then - Lennon signed Bahoken and Magennis instead!

Hopefully Murray takes a punt now, if we have the money.

Yes so can sign anytime but even if he wanted give him a few weeks trsining and ready for jan. I feel this will happen as I'm sure like thomo all the directors will be huge fans of mehmet And will find the money to bring him in. Surely the money saved from shank land and let Conlon go back to burnley

Just as a matter of interest,why would a player not be ready to play immediately if he was signed ? Unless he is injured ( in which case he shouldnt be signed anyway) a pro footballer can step into a team at a moments notice.

Personally i never rated this guy but no doubt he has been scoring prolifically wherever he has been, so perhaps its fair to say he couldnt possibly do worse than the current crop of duds masquerading as forwards.

If that sounds cynical, can one be blamed, given the pathetic quality of recent acquisitions. Heaven knows who vets the signings as most fans can suss if a player is any good, within a very short time. None of Murrays signings are even up to second rate standard so far.

Its not just goals we need Mehmet for , we need a hard working centre forward that can hold the ball up and wait for support , or if necessary take the ball to the corners towards the end of the game and see the game out .I think he would do very well for us , he worked well feeding Dornan when he made his runs , wonder if he could do the same with wee Stevie Mallan