Billy Mehmet

billymehmet1

If it's possible to return Shankland to Aberdeen, I'd happily see that happening, bringing Mehmet in instead.

Shankland was scoring goals for fun in Aberdeen's development team but just hasn't turned up for us. I don't know if that shows there is a gulf between development football and Championship or if we have just dragged the boy down to a crap level by lack of decent service from a team with zero confidence. I thought he was going to be a cracking player for us.

Shankland was scoring goals for fun in Aberdeen's development team but just hasn't turned up for us. I don't know if that shows there is a gulf between development football and Championship or if we have just dragged the boy down to a crap level by lack of decent service from a team with zero confidence. I thought he was going to be a cracking player for us.

There's hundreds of players who look good at youth level but can't cut it in the seniors.

Shankland looks like he's going to be one of them. He's been a real let down this season, along with Gallagher and McMullan.

McMullan did look good until that tackle, maybe he now thinks getting an injury in the championship is beneath him and that he should protect himself, Gallagher works at least, howieson and shankland have shown glimpses though been mostly shit, maybe a new manager could make players of them all.

Probably my favourite player during the last few years of Gus' time in charge. When he had the finger out he was so exciting to watch. Unfortunately, he'd go missing for months of the season which is why he was with us and why he failed down south.

Mehmet was crap in the SPL but had a cracking record against lower league clubs in the cups so maybe we should sign him!

Mehmet crap in the SPL?

He was a one man front line

I despair of some so called fans

Edited by beyond our ken

McMullan did look good until that tackle, maybe he now thinks getting an injury in the championship is beneath him and that he should protect himself, Gallagher works at least, howieson and shankland have shown glimpses though been mostly shit, maybe a new manager could make players of them all.

I'm certainly not questioning Gallaghers work rate. He never stops running, infact he could do with running less sometimes.

He just has no quality when the ball comes to him. He seems to play every minute of every game and his net contribution is invariably zero, and it was again today.

McMullan looked promising early doors but never kicked on and has been completely anonymous in his last few appearances. I've never seen anything from Shankland in a Saints jersey to suggest he has what it takes to make it at this level.

I'm sure they will all get more game time in the coming weeks (we don't have anyone else). If they don't improve considerably we should punt the 3 of them in January.

Mehmet may not be great, but I would rather have him than those 3, Agnew and Gow combined.

Edited by TopCat

The fans have always liked players who gave 100%

Whether they were good or not

At this moment we need a few of these players about the place

Which is probably why the fans always seemed to like Stewart Kean so much. .

To this day Stewart still likes us , the fans too. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

To put Mehmet's time with us into perspective and see clearly what he brought to the party you have to remember he was following Gus's tactics which were "fire it upfield, outside the channels, near the line... If our man (Mehmet) gets it, he holds it up waiting for support, if not it goes out for a throw-in so we have time to re-group".

Mehmet almost always had to collect from out wide, mainly holding it up, occasionally taking on his man to push inside. Forgeting he wasn't the quickest was the major failing in Gus's tactics!

To put Mehmet's time with us into perspective and see clearly what he brought to the party you have to remember he was following Gus's tactics which were "fire it upfield, outside the channels, near the line... If our man (Mehmet) gets it, he holds it up waiting for support, if not it goes out for a throw-in so we have time to re-group".

Mehmet almost always had to collect from out wide, mainly holding it up, occasionally taking on his man to push inside. Forgeting he wasn't the quickest was the major failing in Gus's tactics!

What's his excuse at Dunfermline, Perth Glory and Bangkok Glass then? Still following Gus' tactics? I reiterate.

Less than 0.2 goals a game in the league. One goal every five games. Now that is prolific.

Edited by stlucifer

What's his excuse at Dunfermline, Perth Glory and Bangkok Glass then? Still following Gus' tactics? I reiterate.

Less than 0.2 goals a game in the league. One goal every five games. Now that is prolific.

How many goals have Thompson, Shankland, Gallagher, McMullan and the like scored this season. In our current position we could ill afford to ignore a player like Billy Mehmet. He would do a right good job for us in our desperate state, and he could teach the squad what's it's like to play for that badge on the jersey. Edited by class of 76-77

How many goals have Thompson, Shankland, Gallagher, McMullan and the like scored this season. In our current position we could ill afford to ignore a player like Billy Mehmet. He would do a right good job for us in our desperate state, and he could teach the squad what's it's like to play for that bage on the jersey.

Bage? Bages? We donnn need no steenken Bages!!