Murray Resigns - Confirmed

TopCat

I genuinely feel for the guy. He was subjected to a volley of vicious bile this afternoon as he trudged off the pitch looking like a broken man, and it wasn't nice to witness.

The guy is young, has a family, and a living to make. He didn't set out to f**k this up, it just didn't work out.

Thanks for doing your best, Ian. It wasn't good enough, but I wish you no ill, and hope you can move on from this.

Or he could have just not taken a job that was patently beyond him?

No one made him sign, he said he could do the job, and what he did was drag us towards another relegation. Hopefully another club wont suffer the same demise at his hands, no supporters deserve that (apart form the deid club of course).

I have no sympathy. He was driving our club to oblivion & getting well rewarded for doing so. Dont buy the " hes doing the best for the club by resigning " Crap . He realised he is not up to the job & left before he had a dirty big SACKED on his CV.

Dont let the door skelp yer arse on the way out !!

I was one of those supporters that was pleased with Murrays appointment but I'm glad he has gone.

It just hasn't worked out and now its time for an experienced manager and not an up-and-coming younger man.

Frankly the boards track record in appointments (and letting successful managers go) is woeful.

I think they should be approaching someone like Stuart McCall ?

Surely its time to spend a little bit of cash to get the right man and not just the cheapest?!

I have no sympathy. He was driving our club to oblivion & getting well rewarded for doing so. Dont buy the " hes doing the best for the club by resigning " Crap . He realised he is not up to the job & left before he had a dirty big SACKED on his CV.

Dont let the door skelp yer arse on the way out !!

A bit harsh Callum. He gave it a go and it didn't work out. Good luck in the future to him. Move on and let's concentrate on getting behind whoever takes over. BTW the attitude of some of the players over the course of the season has been appalling. Some of them should take a long hard look at themselves too.

Peter and Roughie are laying the blame on the board ,watched a couple of minutes of the show Roughie saying "Murray was an up an coming young manager destined for a top job" seem to think the problems run deep.

Alan Rough is a grade A idiot as it is.

He knows the square root of feck all about St. Mirren.... Or indeed any club.

All we need now is Derek Johnstone's bloody opinion!

The board have had massive calls to make in the last few years with regards to managers and got them all terribly wrong. This is the biggest by far with so much at stake, League 1 football?. We could easily be in bottom spot or playoff spot at end of season if they don't get this next appointment right. :-(

Assume Miller will take charge for now and hopefully make the right appointment in the weeks to come but don't rush into anything. I can't imagine Miller will want to be about too much longer.

Bring back Gus or get Calderwood with Nichol assisting? Massive decisions to be made with next to no money in the bank. :-(