Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

Nothing wrong with a bit of heated discussion, but looking back it really has been arguing mostly about utterly pointless stuff.

I've more than played my part in that but I'm going to try hard to stay away from who said what type nonsense. Hopefully we can all get back to arguing about who is the best left back at the club and why they haven't put up the Hall of Fame boards.

What's this about the hall of fame boards? First I've heard of it. Surprised no one else has raised it before now.

Agreed. I don't really expect to win on Friday, Thistle are a good side who are playing exceptionally well right now, but I do expect us to give them a game.

I'd love to win and get on a cup run but the absolute priority for me anyway is the league and getting as high up as we can. Personally if I was offered the choice of winning one or the other between Friday and next weekend at home to Raith I'd take the 3 points.

Maybe we can win both thumbup2.gif

I agree with you in almost all what you say. The part I disagree with you about is that "I do not expect St.Mirren to win", they have got the talent and slowly but gradually the philosophy of winning is returning. I know that we have played only 3 games with Alex Rae in charge. The game against Alloa, I largely discount, as he was only in the job for less than 24hours but his presence on the sideline perhaps helped. The team let him down badly against Livingston but with the appointment of David Farrell, the winning formula is slowly returning. David Farrell and Alex Rae work well together and maybe your right in that you do not expect us to win, my view is different I expect Saints to win as I do every time they put on the Black & White stripes or the away strip of Red.

Edited by stripey

We are a bit behind Thistle at this time going by what I have seen in various highlights this season .They have a few tasty players and the big striker looks a fair unit holds the ball up well ,but hey its a cup game and they always give you chance! We are starting to look more organised and the new management seem to know whats needed so here hoping we can start on Friday?

Nothing wrong with a bit of heated discussion, but looking back it really has been arguing mostly about utterly pointless stuff.

I've more than played my part in that but I'm going to try hard to stay away from who said what type nonsense. Hopefully we can all get back to arguing about who is the best left back at the club and why they haven't put up the Hall of Fame boards.

New Hall of Fame board is going up. Artwork has been handed over to the club. Will need to fight about something else. The SNP probably.

That story from the paper, how does it prove that there was no negativity from anyone at the club to the appointment of DF , keeping in mind that the issues AR had to overcome could have been from players who wanted the gig or the club not wishing to accept the terms of a new assistant, we simply do not know. what we do know was that AM was gone before the Alloa game and the story came out after that and also that the story does not mention when the call was made to DF to say he had the job, so nobodies opinion on the subject of the issues AR had to sort out have been proven or disproven.

What we know now is that DF is the new assistant, and hopefully he helps AR get us going again and talking about what we should be - our performances on the park. I agree too many threads needlessly end up like this one.

There has also been absolutely no evidence that there was an issue with Rae appointing Farrell in the first place.

The original quote from Rae was ...

"There are the dynamics behind the scenes which maybe impact some things. That's out of my control.

"One or two things haven't gone my way the last couple of days. You can't sit here and moan and groan, however. I'm of the opinion I've got to keep upbeat and positive.

"I'm not even going to go into that. I'll deal with it internally."

Which could mean anything.

And Farrell stated:

'One or two things had to be tied up with my work before it could happen.'

I really do not see from the evidence presented where anyone could deduce that the problem was appointing Farrell and there was Boardroom interference.

If there was a problem no-one has provided any evidence or source. For me it was all just wild speculation fed by festive drink :)

Definitely think there was triangulation of fire involved in the BoD attempting to take out Farrell before he reached the manager's office. Gilmour on the grassy knoll, Campbell stationed just behind the Buddie Good Food van, and a third shooter, most likely Brian Caldwell, hiding behind a 'sniper's lair' of unsold boxes of last season's home kit in the main stand void. Farrell's taxi was supposed to head straight up Greenhill Road and turn right into the stadium car park. However, mysteriously, at the last minute, Farrell was radioed to pick up a fare at 'Asda Linwood', but the fare never turned up. This caused Farrell's taxi to arrive at the stadium via Ferguslie Park Avenue, which would now involve him slowing to a halt at the junction with Greenhill Road as he now needed to turn right... It was a turkey shoot.

First shot - Campbell from behind the Buddie Good Food van - the shot misses and hits Wullie McTavish, an innocent Ferguslie Park resident out walking 'Growler', his pet bull mastiff cross. Farrell knows something is afoot, he turns right and accelerates up Greenhill Road. Bang - the second shot rings out, Gilmour on the grassy knoll. This shot hits Farrell in the right shoulder, bounces up and goes through a Magic Tree air freshener before doing a 180 degree turn, glancing off the rear view mirror, and exiting through the passenger window before coming to rest in a half-eaten roll on square sausage and tattie scone doubler discarded on the pavement. This bullet subsequently disappeared without trace before re-appearing without a scratch, in Farrell's hospital bed at the RAH in Paisley.

One shooter remains. Caldwell in the void. Hidden behind twenty boxes of unsold kiddies pirate costumes, he knows the other two shooters have failed. He takes aim, the third shot rings out....

To be continued. Never.

Edited by pozbaird

Definitely think there was triangulation of fire involved in the BoD attempting to take out Farrell before he reached the manager's office. Gilmour on the grassy knoll, Campbell stationed just behind the Buddie Good Food van, and a third shooter, most likely Brian Caldwell, hiding behind a 'sniper's lair' of unsold boxes of last season's home kit in the main stand void. Farrell's taxi was supposed to head straight up Greenhill Road and turn right into the stadium car park. However, mysteriously, at the last minute, Farrell was radioed to pick up a fare at 'Asda Linwood', but the fare never turned up. This caused Farrell's taxi to arrive at the stadium via Ferguslie Park Avenue, which would now involve him slowing to a halt at the junction with Greenhill Road as he now needed to turn right... It was a turkey shoot.

First shot - Campbell from behind the Buddie Good Food van - the shot misses and hits Wullie McTavish, an innocent Ferguslie Park resident out walking 'Growler', his pet bull mastiff cross. Farrell knows something is afoot, he turns right and accelerates up Greenhill Road. Bang - the second shot rings out, Gilmour on the grassy knoll. This shot hits Farrell in the right shoulder, bounces up and goes through a Magic Tree air freshener before doing a 180 degree turn, glancing off the rear view mirror, and exiting through the passenger window before coming to rest in a half-eaten roll on square sausage and tattie scone doubler discarded on the pavement. This bullet subsequently disappeared without trace before re-appearing without a scratch, in Farrell's hospital bed at the RAH in Paisley.

One shooter remains. Caldwell in the void. Hidden behind twenty boxes of unsold kiddies pirate costumes, he knows the other two shooters have failed. He takes aim, the third shot rings out....

To be continued. Never.

Oh ffs...you have out Pozzed yourself there.

That is just across the fine line between genius and insanity!

Totally insane yet pure genius.

Oh ffs...you have out Pozzed yourself there.

That is just across the fine line between genius and insanity!

Totally insane yet pure genius.

You think it's insane? Why has Brian Caldwell disappeared to England? Why has the void fit-out taken so long? People know what happened, but they are afraid to speak out. Reid and Conlon suspected something - disappeared. Alan Gow - disappeared.

I'm telling you. It's a conspiracy.

To be continued. Never.

wtf?

You think it's insane? Why has Brian Caldwell disappeared to England? Why has the void fit-out taken so long? People know what happened, but they are afraid to speak out. Reid and Conlon suspected something - disappeared. Alan Gow - disappeared.

I'm telling you. It's a conspiracy.

Did Alan Gow ever APPEAR?

Did Alan Gow ever APPEAR?

At the risk of a wooosh comment - 3 times in the league so far this season, managing 81 minutes on the park between 3 games last appearing on 25th August (2015). It must be helpful to have a man of his calibre and experience around the club.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

To be continued. Never.

You forgot to mention that a local dry cleaner , had taken the day off to see Farrell arrive at the Club . He has recorded the whole thing on 8mm . ..

Give it a couple of years and the footage will be out there. .