Stuart Carswell

Great thread. We have one berating Carswell, one berating Thommo and one berating Langfield. Only another 15 to go to include the substitutes' bench as they must be totally shite if they cannot get into the current starting line-up.

The Pie sellers aren't much cop either ,and don't start me on they Programme sellers.

Stuart Carswell has to be one of the worst footballers I have ever witnessed playing for Saints. The guy offers absolutely nothing. Can't pass the ball, can't shoot, has no pace. Just ambles about the centre circle offering nothing. How he made it as professional footballer is beyond me...

Well he did and played over 100 games for a side who finished 2nd in our top league

Square peg in round holes again

Can't play in a 4-4-2 has to be in a middle 3

He tried yesterday and in his defence he made more tackles than the rest of the team combined

But madness to try to put him in the engine room when he hasn't got one

The Pie sellers aren't much cop either ,and don't start me on they Programme sellers.

There was a notice on the wall yesterday about robbery , the notice was adjacent to the pie stall but despite not reading the notice , I assumed it had hee haw to do with either the pie stall or the current admission fees. .

Our previous transfer dealings with Motherwell have us in the top three nominations for 'Del Boy Trotter Deal of the Year' award.

Carswell, Andy Roddie, Jim Gardner in exchange for future Champions League winner and a packet of Chewits.

Take a bow.

They also got Brian Martin from us and he ended up playing for Scotland

Well he did and played over 100 games for a side who finished 2nd in our top league

Square peg in round holes again

Can't play in a 4-4-2 has to be in a middle 3

He tried yesterday and in his defence he made more tackles than the rest of the team combined

But madness to try to put him in the engine room when he hasn't got one

Indeed , but that was an under 19s league, Buddie. .

I actually thought that Carswell put in some very decent last ditch tackles yesterday, but anything good does goes unnoticed because the midfield gets totally overrun in every game. I've made it clear in the past myself that I don't rate the boy but there were far worse performers than Carswell yesterday.

Could have been 7 or 8 but for some tackles but offensively need most midfielders to weigh in with 5-6 goals a season at that this level. At the moment we have Mallan and Shankland

I actually thought that Carswell put in some very decent last ditch tackles yesterday, but anything good he does goes unnoticed because the midfield gets totally overrun in every game. I've made it clear in the past myself that I don't rate the boy but there were far worse performers than Carswell yesterday.

Don't let facts or a balanced opinion get in the way of an agenda though...

As a team we were mince. We got humped. Singling out individuals for OTT and inappropriate criticism seems to be a poor coping mechanism this time of year...

We've got a new manager, he needs time. Give him a chance to sort the team out. I happen to agree re: square peg and round hole for Carswell. He is a technically good footballer but needs a bit of support around him.

As stated many times before Goodwin is who we need back fit to lift the team out of this mess. Love him or loathe him we are by far a poorer team without him.

Something about water carriers...

Don't let facts or a balanced opinion get in the way of an agenda though...

As a team we were mince. We got humped. Singling out individuals for OTT and inappropriate criticism seems to be a poor coping mechanism this time of year...

We've got a new manager, he needs time. Give him a chance to sort the team out. I happen to agree re: square peg and round hole for Carswell. He is a technically good footballer but needs a bit of support around him.

As stated many times before Goodwin is who we need back fit to lift the team out of this mess. Love him or loathe him we are by far a poorer team without him.

Something about water carriers...

This. By all accounts if it wasn't for Goodwin then Livi would have dished out a caning similar to yesterday when we played them at Almondvale.

Could have been 7 or 8 but for some tackles but offensively need most midfielders to weigh in with 5-6 goals a season at that this level. At the moment we have Mallan and Shankland

There's no easy fix for the serious deficiencies within this squad, and AR won't be able to do what's required in the notoriously difficult Jan window. Murray and the board have left us high and dry with a collective shower of sub standard under achievers. Alex Rae will need a miracle to save us from the drop.

Edited by class of 76-77

Bit harsh on Carswell. He's not the player to light up a game but does the dirty side well. As a whole the team are rotten but actually think Carswell has been far from the worst player the last few games. good tackling and decent passing. He's certainly not gonna play a defence splitting pass. That midfield is missing Goodwin badly.

We win as a team and we lose in as a team. One individual doesn't lose a game.

Bit harsh on Carswell. He's not the player to light up a game but does the dirty side well. As a whole the team are rotten but actually think Carswell has been far from the worst player the last few games. good tackling and decent passing. He's certainly not gonna play a defence splitting pass. That midfield is missing Goodwin badly.

We win as a team and we lose in as a team. One individual doesn't lose a game.

totally disagree, at Alloa never touched the ball and went off injured. Made a few tackles yesterday but that was it, offers absolutely nothing else...

I actually thought that Carswell put in some very decent last ditch tackles yesterday, but anything good he does goes unnoticed because the midfield gets totally overrun in every game. I've made it clear in the past myself that I don't rate the boy but there were far worse performers than Carswell yesterday.

This.

Carswell was no where near the worst player yesterday, yes he's too negative on the ball at times but like someone alluded to, he needs to play in the middle of a 3. Another thing I would say was that Carswell never hid yesterday, was still flying into tackles and getting on the ball, compare that to a pretender like Agnew.

The 2 in the middle yesterday were completely over run.

Carswell is just the whipping boy at the moment. Agnew, Kelly, Webster, Baird and Langfied are all far bigger problems than Carswell IMO.

I don't understand the folk who say he does the dirty work effectively. Sure, he's not exactly an accident waiting to happen but I just don't see how he adds anything to the side, he's a total passenger who simply contributes nothing, good or bad.

He's definitely more Scott MacKenzie than Mark Reilly.