Thomas Stickroth Goal...

22 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

His cross for Torfasons goal at Parkhead was a thing of brilliance, and what I will always remember him for.

That was a great day especially my Celtic supporting mate who was in our end with me he was in shock :D was it Northend Saint who put on a correct score bet and won a good few bob. Ian ? 

On 08/01/2016 at 10:57 AM, div said:

I remember Stickroth looking completely uninterested most of the time but I recall arriving at McDiarmid Park for a game and seeing him stroll off the park during the warm up to have a wee kiss and cuddle with his girlfriend who was either new or had come over for the game.

He then went out and played a blinder, and I'm sure it was just to impress her.

Also remember a game at Easter Road where it was so wet that we got moved from behind the goals (where there was no cover) into the main stand after the game had started. The bold Stickroth was getting soaked out on the far wing and asked Tony Fitz if he could change wing so he could get some shelter from the main stand.

It's amazing to think we spunked £400K on him but then again we were bringing in close to £300K in those days on players like Cameron, Winnie and Hamilton so it's all relative.

That's before we talk about Victor Munoz, Steve Archibald, Roy Aitken, etc!

They would be £20k a week nowadays!! - And we still felt we were paupers back then!!