Last Game Of The Season Vs Rangers

div

Was looking through our remaining fixtures this morning. Last game of the season at home to Rangers looks like having major potential for both a sell-out crowd and a massive potential headache for the club.

Imagine a scenario whereby Rangers need to win that game to win the Championship and get promotion back to the Premiership, the demand for tickets would be ridiculous.

Playing Devils Advocate here. If we had nothing to play for would you support the club giving Rangers an extra stand, say the South, and relocating season ticket holders there to the main stand? If that was worth £35K in extra gate revenue that could potentially help the next seasons transfer budget, would you back it ?

It's "selling out" and all but the flip side would almost certainly be Rangers fans sitting in the home end anyway, and potentially all sorts of trouble as a result. Or do you shrug your shoulders and say "F'k them, don't want the money, don't care".

What's your personal opinion of what to do in that scenario?

Imagine in the same scenario that Saints needed to get something to guarantee staying up, thus guaranteeing decent demand for the home end too. That would be an absolute nightmare.

Game will be moved for live TV in any case I would imagine, but there are definitely some very tough decisions ahead on that one, and I'm sure it will be an animated discussion so let's hear what you think.

If it's a dead rubber for us then give them the extra seats. If it's also an important game for us (for example we win we get 4th) then don't.

The difference in revenue could be the difference between a new player in the summer or not. To decline it would be classic chopping off your nose to spite your face behaviour.

Was looking through our remaining fixtures this morning. Last game of the season at home to Rangers looks like having major potential for both a massive crowd and a massive potential headache for the club.

Imagine a scenario whereby Rangers need to win that game to win the Championship and get promotion back to the Premiership, the demand for tickets would be ridiculous.

Playing Devils Advocate here. If we had nothing to play for would you support the club giving Rangers an extra stand, say the South, and relocating season ticket holders there to the main stand? If that was worth £35K in extra gate revenue that could potentially help the next seasons transfer budget, would you back it ?

It's "selling out" and all but the flip side would almost certainly be Rangers fans sitting in the home end anyway, and potentially all sorts of trouble as a result. Or do you shrug your shoulders and say "F'k them, don't want the money, don't care".

What's your personal opinion of what to do in that scenario?

Imagine in the same scenario that Saints needed to get something to guarantee staying up, thus guaranteeing decent demand for the home end too. That would be an absolute nightmare.

Game will be moved for live TV in any case I would imagine, but there are definitely some very tough decisions ahead on that one, and I'm sure it will be an animated discussion so let's hear what you think.

Do anything to get the game 'sold out'.

We've never managed to put the games sold out signage at Greenhell ( 8k circa capacity ) yet in a game involving St mirren.

Therefore if that's selling out to be sold out, then I'm all for it, I'm a sell out and I plead guilty

Wow! :o

"Rangers" in the final game!

I must have missed the news about it being the first club/clumpany to survive liquidation.

(Sevco, TRFC or even the holding clumpany - RIFC... but there's NO Rangers any more.)

Despite the bigoted pollution, even I'd come up to see that miracle.

If it's a dead rubber for us then give them the extra seats. If it's also an important game for us (for example we win we get 4th) then don't.

The difference in revenue could be the difference between a new player in the summer or not. To decline it would be classic chopping off your nose to spite your face behaviour.

This.

Dont see why we couldnt all move to accomodate them?

The club re-branded the stadium for the other bigoted, sectarian singing, pyrothechnic flinging half of the very shame that hangs over scottish football.

In fact as a trial if the BoD do go for this, and lets face it if Div is putting it out there, then its obviously coming from a 'source'!

I will trial not going back until this BoD have gone, thereby freeing up a seat they could sell to either bigoted, sectarian support..!

How dors the BoD's new anthem go again...

"St Mirren here to buy

Its St Mirren here to buy...

Ignore the songs

And bigoted goings on

We're St Mirren here to buy.."

Isnt it ironic that this BoD sacked Ken McGeoch for having a meeting with the sevco secretary, they then go on to fall over themselves to entertain Charles 'Chuckles' Green, make a few bob re-branding the stadium as Wee Shellic Park, and now are having us sounded out about not just entertaining Sevco..!

But doing it for a big bung!

I bet their Grannies are staying indoors for fear of being punted next?

Give them the North Stand and that's it.Any sevco fans found in other areas are immediately ejected.

Do empty seats really matter after the money the BOD have wasted over the last few years?

Agreed.

Lifting our skirts to shite like that lot is beneath us.

If the game means nothing to us then it's a no brainer for me, grab the extra money.

Wouldn't affect me anyway as there's no chance in hell I'd be turning up to watch that shower celebrating winning the Championship as if it's some kind of achievement.

Only thing I would have a problem with is if they followed Michael Johnston's example and let them mass infiltrate the St Mirren areas.

Have to say after having a wee while to think about this I am completely dumbfounded at the lazy, negative, chuckers we have running the club, who at the start of January can only think of what Wonga they could make selling out most of the stadium to another support in the last home game.

How many home wins have the BoD delivered this season and last? Yet they seem completely out of touch with the support, as they plan to inflict the biggest Home Defeat in our history.... For a few quid!

Why not have the last home game billed as ST holders bring 'someone not yet lost to the old firm on the final game and charge... A Survivor, For a Fiver' or 'A Kid for a Quid'... Anyone child, teen, student, pensioner gets in for a Quid with a ST holder, any full paying adult gets in for a fiver with a ST holder.

Why not promote OUR last home game, for OUR fans and seize the opportunity to bring more of the community through the gates? If Sevco do need a win on that day to gain promotion, why shouldnt the club be going all out to enable a HOME win for the people who stand by the club week in, week out?

Why aren't the BoD bigging up the club they are the current custodians of, instead of taking it up the Ronson for cash?

Are we St Mirren Till I Die...., or St Mirren..? Hmm mibbaes, aye?

Get this bigoted baloney shifted!