Buying Vinyl In Renfrewshire

dave.j

Cheers IBS, I'll check them all out.

What's a record cleaning machine?

Dave here is a link to a basic record cleaning machine they are worth buying.

Also have a look on amazon for a Audioquest record brush for your anti static

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knosti-Cleaning-Machine-Generation/dp/B000BFXIVW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=514MIxLSEvL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1Y72WT1N9PM81BF45QFY

Used to buy my vinyl from Stereo1 before I moved to the north east since then CDs and electronic music, still have a turntable and listen to records regularly deffo recommend making sure your vinyl is clean tho'. Would also agree that the quality of your amp and speakers will have an effect on your listening pleasure.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knosti-Cleaning-Machine-Generation/dp/B000BFXIVW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=514MIxLSEvL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1Y72WT1N9PM81BF45QFY

Yeh, that is the one! Great bit of kit for the money. .

Good advice , big man . Russ Andrews TipTonic http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-accessories/russ-andrews-tip-tonic-674181/review is a great product for the stylus also but I think we might have overloaded our resident Jagster now. .lol.gif

I've recently bought a new turntable and was curious as to where everyone is buying their vinyl these days.

HMV Braehead and Apollo are quite expensive for new records, though Apollo are not too bad for second hand. Is there any specific charity shops that stand out as regularly having a good haul?

When is Record Factory (I think it's called) up the west end ever open?

So far in the last couple of weeks I've bought:

Michael Head & The Strands: Magical World of.

Bad Company: Burning Sky.

The War On Drugs: Lost In The Dream

Pixies: Doolittle

Neil Young: Harvest

A couple of Rolling Stone RSD releases.

FOPP top end of Byres Road stock a lot of vinyl but again not cheap

Take yer pick

Very good the only one I would not have is Adam & Ants though I'm sure if you looked through my collection you would have a wee chuckle.

Not sure if you had vinyl before if not this might be useful to you. If you can search out 12 inch singles of tracks you like then a big treat of good sound quality will come your way because the groves are further apart than any other vinyl format. Anyway happy listening with your new additions.

Those singles were pretty much all bought at the time of release that I've picked up over the years, bud.

Here's today's purchases....

I took a trip up to Byers Road, into oxfam. Which was pretty rubbish. Unless you like Barbara Dickson or Cliff Richard.

Picked up the WS and Carter stuff for Jane and got myself America Horse With No Name.

Then up to Fopp and picked up the pixies at 11 quid. Double heavy weight with free cd and The Clash on double heavyweight.

Still looking for The Barr Brothers also Otis Redding & Carla Thomas King and Queen. What in incredible album!

That website you suggested is brilliant. Eli records.

post-7762-14535926605073_thumb.jpg

Edited by dave.j

You can buy a kit called the disco-antistat , made by a German company , for around £60 . This is the best kit you'll get without having the expense of a professional machine . You should be able to get a Disco-antitstat on line and it should last you a lifetime as long as you keep buying the fluid for it.

Looks great but an absolute pain in the tits to empty back n the bottle, going by YouTube reviews