St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

The fault actually lies entirely with the club. I understand that part of the undersoil heating isn't working properly so therefore one part of the pitch (at least) was going to be brick hard for the duration of the match. Even with the entire pitch cleared of snow pre-match , the forecast of snow all day meant that the frozen part of the pitch would be dangerous whenever snow was lying on it. In these conditions the game may well have started , but was never going to be completed. Sheer madness !

Billy, I'm not sure how this works in terms of how much say the club has if the ref deems the pitch playable. What can the club do in that situation?

Maybe the snow was a lot heavier in Paisley than the other places mentioned.

Maybe. Which is why I never blamed St Mirren, the referee, or anyone. Just a complete clusterfcuk. I mean, say they call our game off at 11am, then the games at Partick, Sevco and Killie go ahead? The club / referee / SFA / Cheesy / Gus.... All get it in the neck.

Since I first started supporting St Mirren in 1976/77 the amount of games that have been cancelled in dodgy circumstances and have hacked people off can be counted on the fingers of two hands - max.

No winners today. Unfortunate. Especially for Raith fans. Bummer... Etc.

The fault actually lies entirely with the club. I understand that part of the undersoil heating isn't working properly so therefore one part of the pitch (at least) was going to be brick hard for the duration of the match. Even with the entire pitch cleared of snow pre-match , the forecast of snow all day meant that the frozen part of the pitch would be dangerous whenever snow was lying on it. In these conditions the game may well have started , but was never going to be completed. Sheer madness !

Then why did the referee say game on after his second pitch inspection? The club called for this after more snow fell on the pitch so it would have been dangerous then!

Billy, I'm not sure how this works in terms of how much say the club has if the ref deems the pitch playable. What can the club do in that situation?

Clubs should produce guidelines and talk to the SFA about implementing them. Fans' travel time should be paramount not the immediate weather situation at the time of inspection. Any doubts then cancel the game. Only proceed if there is an almost guarantee it would take place. Snow was forecast for this afternoon so the game should have been called off before the RR fans left Kirkaldy.

A referee only seems interested in what is happening when he is making a decision. He does not appear to be interested in travelling fans and different referees appear to have different ideas about keeping lines clear. In some games today the referee stopped play and allowed ground staff on to clear the lines. Did our referee consider that for today?

Have sensible guidelines and use them instead of making it up as you go along.

If one part of the pitch was going to be brick hard for the duration of the match the ref would have cancelled the game on one of his two pitch inspections.

Also, Dicky's sons sound like they really aren't ready for the world and shouldn't be let out unsupervised.

Maybe the snow was a lot heavier in Paisley than the other places mentioned.

At last someone has worked it out.

I think some people must think that cloud cover is uniform over the entire area and that localised weather conditions don't ever occur.

The Kilmarnock game may well have started, but latterly the game was stopped because the lines had to be brushed clear as, guess what, the snow got heavier.ohmy.png

If the club had postponed the game earlier and there was no localised heavy snowfall and the pitch remained eminently playable.............

Well, you know the reaction we'd get.

Edited by FTOF

If one part of the pitch was going to be brick hard for the duration of the match the ref would have cancelled the game on one of his two pitch inspections.

Also, Dicky's sons sound like they really aren't ready for the world and shouldn't be let out unsupervised.

Shit happens when you live in a backward Lanarkshire backwater.

My son says he spoke to the cat park attendant as he left and he claimed he had no idea what was happening and told my son to contact the club. He did not get a refund.

So your son is as stupid as you and turned up at the ground during the snow blizzards ? lol.gif

Handing over £4.40 for Pie/Beans and a Diet Cola 30 seconds before Match called off didnae help my f*cking mood.

For around £4.40 I got a vodka and a can of diet coke plus a half pint of lager in the 19th pub in Renfrew thumbup2.gif

At last someone has worked it out.

I think some people must think that cloud cover is uniform over the entire area and that localised weather conditions don't ever occur.

The Kilmarnock game may well have started, but latterly the game was stopped because the lines had to be brushed clear as, guess what, the snow got heavier.ohmy.png

If the club had postponed the game earlier and there was no localised heavy snowfall and the pitch remained eminently playable.............

Well, you know the reaction we'd get.

I can remember a game years ago when the rain and snow was pounding down at love st but highlight of the Patrick game at firhill that night look like summer.

Should have checked the weather forecast and called it off last night.

Raith fans have a very hazardous journey home as have faraway Saints fans.

Nothing to do with the Referee.

Sensible administration from St Mirren would have seen the Match bite the dust long before 2.50pm.

ST FARCE FC

Aye, cause the it's the club who calls it off.

Just back and reading the thread, obviously disappointed that it was called off, but unless it had been done before 10 am it wouldn't have made a difference to my travel arrangements, having said that it snowed all the way back less the last 30 miles or so and only took me 30 mins or so longer to get home so not pleasant but not as hazardous as some notorious correspondents are making out.