Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

Anyone else think the number of people signing up is at quite a slow pace?

Maybe its just my imagination but IIRC the 10,000 hours bid seemed to get up to the 1k subscriber number pretty quickly. or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Currently sitting at 282 signed up

Seems a decent pace to me considering a few things. There hasn't been a big media blitz. The launch weekend co-incided with a media-slabbering frenzy at Hampden. There is (at my last check) NOTHING on the official club website. There haven't been 'big' open public meetings. There has only been one home game to do a leaflet drop. SMiSA/GLS haven't as yet had their mugs all over the papers in an 'Ayrshire businessman seeks to take the reins at St Mirren' style.

IMHO.

As I intimated earlier I am very much pro "fan ownership" and have pledged to back this proposal and hopefully turn it in to reality.

LPM, you claim we can reasonably assume GLS is in a position to help out when the cash-flow is tight, I think we can also reasonably assume (although I wouldn't want to run a business on assumptions) that he was previously in a position to help out too, the rumour is that he chose not to. I agree too that there are opportunities to drive revenue from other areas to help finances at the club but they come with no guarantees and if revenue returns are on the increase there will be pressure to spend that cash on the footballing side. There may also be times when there may not be time to go to the "membership" for consultation and agreement, I'd expect that to be done through an elected group (voted for and trusted by the membership) and I, personally, would be happy with that. I think we have to be careful in creating an image where by being a member will give you a say in decision making at every turn, that would be too unwieldy to be viable.

Buddiecat, I'm all for SMiSA giving interest free loans the question is what happens if the club can't pay the money back, I'd hope that until SMiSA is the major shareholder it wouldn't be the only "entity" taking risk in that situation.

Just a quick question on the loan repayment, does SMiSA receive a new batch of shares every time it makes a payment and gradually increase it's stake in the club?

If you are all for it, but have these outstanding questions get along to the next public meeting Gordon is at and ask him if he, or his board are prepared to address, or help address any cash shortfalls that may occur. Personally I wouldnt run a business, or support/not support a bid on a rumour.

#BACKTHEBUDS

One question I do have is that I'm reading stuff like 'we need to do this now'... 'another consortium is waiting in the wings'... 'the club WILL be sold'... etc.

I don't want tittle-tattle and idle speculation about mysterious Argies or possibly dodgy English bids, or Chick Young disguised in a trenchcoat and fedora hat sneaking in through the exclusive 'new owners' door....

What is the actual state of play regarding the urgency to get the SMiSA/GLS bid over the line.

If you are all for it, but have these outstanding questions get along to the next public meeting Gordon is at and ask him if he, or his board are prepared to address, or help address any cash shortfalls that may occur. Personally I wouldnt run a business, or support/not support a bid on a rumour.

#BACKTHEBUDS

Having not previously been a member of SMiSA and this being a thread about the joint SMiSA/GLS bid I just thought I would ask the questions to see if any of the more "informed" chaps had any feedback on this (cash shortfalls are obviously something that should be discussed in any business proposal) as this seemed a reasonable place to raise the query. There will be many "far-flung" supporters, who want to be involved, that may not be able to attend meetings and may wish to debate/discuss the proposal...........in fact a lot of the debate around the 10000 hours project was hugely informative before the abuse started.

#I'VEALWAYSBACKEDTHEBUDS

I believe the current State of play is ... Once SMISA and Gordon pay the 100k (I believe 80k from Gordon and 20k for SMISA ) deposit to the board that will give them complete "exclusivity" therefore not allowing anyone else to bid , unfortunately they cannot do that until we have reached our target sign ups , so until then the club is still very much up for sale to anybody who wants to bid !

Edited by gazmc83

Maybe its just my imagination but IIRC the 10,000 hours bid seemed to get up to the 1k subscriber number pretty quickly. or is my memory playing tricks on me?

I would say its very slow.

Is there a campaign planned to raise awareness and urgency amongst the support? Will be difficult to do in person during the close season, and most supporters seem to have been to their last match already, so where to now?

Wee bud , I believe initial loan is to pay back the approx 380k needed to purchase the club , purchase price just under 1 million with the other 600k coming from Gordon ) once this is paid back we can then start to pay back Gordon and gradually increase our shareholding of the club .

I am looking to set this up for myself and my 9 year old son. obviously my son doesn't have a debit card with which to pay his amount.

It would appear that the go cardless details will have to match the details on the actual card itself. Is there a way round this or will he have to wait till he has his own debit card.

sorry if this is a daft question.

No point in fretting about the rate of uptake just yet. It has been a matter of days, and people are within their rights to give this a bit of thought. Indeed, the more considered the decision is, the more likely it is that folk are committed to the long haul.

If we are struggling to get past 500 after a fortnight, it might be time to wobble.

Having not previously been a member of SMiSA and this being a thread about the joint SMiSA/GLS bid I just thought I would ask the questions to see if any of the more "informed" chaps had any feedback on this (cash shortfalls are obviously something that should be discussed in any business proposal) as this seemed a reasonable place to raise the query. There will be many "far-flung" supporters, who want to be involved, that may not be able to attend meetings and may wish to debate/discuss the proposal...........in fact a lot of the debate around the 10000 hours project was hugely informative before the abuse started.

#I'VEALWAYSBACKEDTHEBUDS

Got all that, do you just want to debate your rumour?

You were posing the question in my direction, when you could ask or email Gordon himself. Its for him to answer questions on what he is prepared to commit to wouldn't you agree.

#LOADSOFUSHAVEALWAYSBACKEDTHEBUDS

Got all that, do you just want to debate your rumour?

You were posing the question in my direction, when you could ask or email Gordon himself. Its for him to answer questions on what he is prepared to commit to wouldn't you agree.

#LOADSOFUSHAVEALWAYSBACKEDTHEBUDS

I addressed you because you quoted and responded to my original post which certainly wasn't in your direction, you chose to respond and the rumour certainly wasn't mine.

I sincerely hope that this thread and the overall debate regarding this bid doesn't drag itself down to the same level as the previous 10000 hours version and unfortunately so many other threads/debates lately.

I addressed you because you quoted and responded to my original post which certainly wasn't in your direction, you chose to respond and the rumour certainly wasn't mine.

I sincerely hope that this thread and the overall debate regarding this bid doesn't drag itself down to the same level as the previous 10000 hours version and unfortunately so many other threads/debates lately.

Hear, hear... Lets deal in facts, not rumours.

Hear, hear... Lets deal in facts, not rumours.

I guess this is why a lot of people drift away from websites that at times can be good sources of information and avenues of reasoned questioning and debate.

I am trying my hardest not to get involved in a long drawn-out tedious dialogue with you over this and for you, of all people, to ask people to deal in facts is one of the most ironic things I've read in a long time. You are antagonistic in the extreme and a strange "poster boy" for a campaign that is trying to win people over.

This is exactly the route the threads regarding the last bid veered down between other posters diluting the relevant information to a dreg. With regard to debate/information seeking on this thread I won't engage with you any further.

If you consider that a victory enjoy your celebration drinks_cheers.gif

Aye. It might be very early days yet but SMiSA haven't managed to replicate the kind of media coverage and excitement that was around the 10000Hours bid.

Aye. It might be very early days yet but SMiSA haven't managed to replicate the kind of media coverage and excitement that was around the 10000Hours bid.

not quite correct.

It took 9 months to get to about 800 paper Direct debits and then when we converted to a digital system, (10000hours was the first to use GC, which then introduced it to, Foundation of Hearts, Rangers First and that SMISA now use) it obviously shot up to about 800 very quickly and then within about 6 weeks topped the 1000 mark.

From my point of view an awful lot of time and effort had to be put in for each DD but how much of that was down to

1. no one knowing me and

2. not many folk knowing what Fanownership was about and having to get the info out about this

It will therefore be interesting to see how the timescale of the end of May for completion is achieivable because the two issues above are not a problem or if other things come up which still require a long slog to sign up the required 1000 members

I believe the current State of play is ... Once SMISA and Gordon pay the 100k (I believe 80k from Gordon and 20k for SMISA ) deposit to the board that will give them complete "exclusivity" therefore not allowing anyone else to bid , unfortunately they cannot do that until we have reached our target sign ups , so until then the club is still very much up for sale to anybody who wants to bid !

Wee Chic in Paisley Express saying there is another two waiting in the wings

if 2 other parties are waiting in the wings then they can't be very 100% committed. If you want to buy a house you don't wait in the wing for someone to put a bid in before you if the house is really what you want.

if 2 other parties are waiting in the wings then they can't be very 100% committed. If you want to buy a house you don't wait in the wing for someone to put a bid in before you if the house is really what you want.

All parties are very serious

Wee Chic in Paisley Express saying there is another two waiting in the wings

"I know of two other groups who have the money in place to buy the club but are keeping their powder dry. "

Dry? Band Aid will be having a concert to raise money for drought relief at this rate.

I will probably end up signing up for this but a few things concern me.

1. God forbid but what happens if GLS is hit by a bus, what happens to the money he put in? Who would lead the whole thing?

2. Will we really be able to sustain 1000 plus members over 10 years. There is a risk of members dying, being made redundant, financial circumstances changing or becoming disillusioned and pulling out due to decisions being made that they don't agree with. Let's not kid ourselves some really tough decisions will lie ahead that will split opinions.

All the above points have been addressed, no concerns on these points.