Worst Film You Have Ever Seen?

religion is saints

All Musicals are pish apart from The Sound of Music and Jungle Book.

I like musicals Oliver, Calamity Jane and My Fair Lady are among my favourites. It's hard to beat Cole Porter for sophistication and syncopation but The Sound of Music doesn't do it for me - although the soundtrack was the biggest selling album of 1965 IIRC.

Just checked TSoM Soundtrack was the biggest selling album in the UK in 1965 and 1966 and 1968, indeed it was the second biggest selling album of the decade, behind Sgt. Pepper by The Beatles.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I don't tend to stick it out if a film is shite. I've never had to walk out of a cinema, right enough.

In terms of recent films, there was that one that used the same cast over a period of a decade or so - it was about them growing up etc (can't remember what it was called). Over-hyped, turgid shite, that relied more on the premise than the storyline, script, and performances.

Edited by Drew

Never walked out but i fell asleep watching Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven

offtopic.gifofftopic.gifofftopic.gif

Moving way off topic I once went to see a play of the Iain Banks novel The Bridge. It was kinda avant-garde, there was no stage and the audience, cast and props were all together on the floor. You were supposed to follow the actors around and mingle, now I'd just finished a long shift at work so I sat up on a bed to rest my weary legs for a minute and like Goldilocks fell fast asleep so when the hero crashed his car and had to be lifted onto the bed in a coma they had to wake me up before they could continue the play.