Gary Irvine

Drew

Another solid, SPL proven player.

I'm assuming he will play RB to allow Watson to move into CH to give Baird a rest. Once Jason is back I can see him moving to LB and taking Kelly's place.

Good signings in Quinn, Clarkson and Irvine by AR. Very Gus-like solid, proven signings. Exactly what we need at the moment

Strange signing

We have Watson and Naismith to come back

Unless he's going into midfield

Best of luck to him but i rather we had signed a solid midfield player

I'm happy with another experienced defender in. Jason won't be at full match sharpness for some time, an might be better served with a few U20 games rather than being launched straight back into the starting 11.

No guarantee Naithsmith won't pick up further injury, or that his come back will be trouble free, and Irvine could also play at Left Back or centre back - might gee up Kelly. He is good defensively and going forward. He can pick up a goal or 2 at set pieces too.

Now there is more competition and experience available. One of the main issues was too many boys. I know some folk thought it was great having so many academy lads - but they are not hardens pro's like Irvine, Quinn etc.

Here's hoping we are more solid, more creative and more successful.

Will mean a spell on the bench for Jack Baird. But welcome the club Gary.

Might not be a bad thing, Gary. Jack is clearly still a lad who can let his head go down. Too much pressure, and he is prone to errors. We end a solid back line just now to see this season out.

Another solid, SPL proven player.

I'm assuming he will play RB to allow Watson to move into CH to give Baird a rest. Once Jason is back I can see him moving to LB and taking Kelly's place.

Good signings in Quinn, Clarkson and Irvine by AR. Very Gus-like solid, proven signings. Exactly what we need at the moment

I said to my dad earlier tonight that I was surprised that we hadn't signed a RB to allow us to move Watson into CH.

And so it came to pass..................

Edited by FTOF

He's been playing at left back the past couple of seasons and that's been a problem position for us all season.

Considering the injury problems at right back it seems a smart signing to me.

As an aside, he has excelled at this level before with 2 promotions and, I think, 2 Challenge Cup wins.

Very positive signing!

Edited by the digger

Irvine, Quinn and Clarkson look like really astute signings to me. Cooper, I guess, is a guy with something to prove and the midfield needs a shake-up. Might work out.

If I knew we'd bring in 4 players during the window then I would have bet on 1 of them being a centre-half so that's a bit of a surprise (understand moving Watson central but he must still be learning how to play there?). Promising start in the transfer market from Rae, however. smile.png

Edited by Julian Banjos

Difficult to trade in January. If we could get one more creative midfielder in then I'd really start to think 4th could be a possibility but as it is hopefully we are now strong enough to have a decent end to the season before the major surgery happens in the summer.

For a January window, this has certainly been one of our best on paper.

We occasionally get the odd gem like Dorman and Isma, but seldom a few solid signings.

Makes me wonder what the manager will be able to do in the summer when it's much easier to get players. Clearly he's been more persuasive than either Craig or Murray were.

Another solid signing. Impressed by the player's we have signed in this window. We are a Championship side signing decent topflight players. Quinn, Clarkson and Irvine. Impressed. Well done Brian Caldwell. ;-)

It's early days in Rae's reign but there is a decent squad at the club and we really should be looking at making a realistic bid for top 4 in the next 4 months. Definitely the best squad outside Rangers, Hibs and Falkirk.

Wonder if the likes of Thompson might be loaned out for last 6 months of his contract. Who could be on their way out?

Edited by Mr Zo