Personal Abuse Ruining Threads

Buffs

Why is it that nearly every thread ends up being turned into an invitation for some posters to personally abuse others?

I find it very boring and it's putting me off actually coming on here and reading posts.

If people feel the need to anonymously verbally abuse fellow supporters why not PM them instead?

I know I can put people on jgnore but that's not the point. They may actually have a relevant and intetesting post from time to time.

I'm all for good humoured banter, as they say, but come on, play nice.

You know who you are!

You make a valid point and then make it into a joke yourself. So well done!!!

Yes some who will not remain nameless are just pricks and either like to slag off the team or supporters. As the wonderful BBC pointed out, they are soccer casuals. But if you make a point that is not abusive or indeed offensive, why should some jack ass be allowed to destroy it with personal insults. If I was a casual, which in Bridge of Weir is not allowed, I would smash a bottle over his head.

So you want abuse taken out get that wanker Dicko to Fk

The very notion of this thread was enough to begin yet another cycle of personal abuse.

While I see the point of raising the issue, you are visiting territory that other people actually live in. Bandying about daft or even abusive names is the major attraction of being on the forum for some posters

And you know what's really funny, dull, boring and "would be" intellectuals wandering around the forum thinking they are the only people who should be listened to.

All about opinions.