Should We Stay Or Should We Go

Isle Of Bute Saint

EUROPE of course , tend to think we should stay in as always though England will dictate the outcome. Think the vote in England is more to do with so called in comers though having spoken to builders I know in Scotland they blame Polish workers for bringing down salaries. You think workers rights are bad now wait to see what happens if we are out the EU. I'm in Holland for a couple of months have noticed simalarties to home. Plenty empty shops. Empty pubs at the weekend. Spoken to locals about this they tell me right wing parties in Holland are becoming more popular. Too many in comers getting help while locals don't. Plenty shops boarded up pubs more or less empty at the weekend locals telling me cost of living mean less spare cash for a social lifeThis has been an eye opener for me the simalarties are uncanny with home. Do I feel a storm coming.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

EUROPE of course , tend to think we should stay in as always though England will dictate the outcome. Think the vote in England is more to do with so called in comers though having spoken to builders I know in Scotland they blame Polish workers for bringing down salaries. You think workers rights are bad now wait to see what happens if we are out the EU. I'm in Holland for a couple of months have noticed simalarties to home. Plenty empty shops. Empty pubs at the weekend. Spoken to locals about this they tell me right wing parties in Holland are becoming more popular. Too many in comers getting help while locals don't. Plenty shops boarded up pubs more or less empty at the weekend locals telling me cost of living mean less spare cash for a social lifeThis has been an eye opener for me the simalarties are uncanny with home. Do I feel a storm coming.

Should we stay or should we go?

IMO this is going to be about immigration.

We are about to see the exact extent and comparison between British and Scottish racism.

Edited by oaksoft

Should we stay or should we go?

IMO this is going to be about immigration.

We are about to see the exact extent and comparison between British and Scottish racism

For me Scottish racism against the English is a journalism orgasam. It's blown out context. In a nationalist but not a England hater I like England many wonderful people from the south. It's the establishment that has the wooden spoon in hand stirring propaganda . Just my view Oak a bit like UFOs and my belief in space and time. That's another subject would love to have a private conversation on. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

For me Scottish racism against the English is a journalism orgasam. It's blown out context. In a nationalist but not a England hater I like England many wonderful people from the south. It's the establishment that has the wooden spoon in hand stirring propaganda . Just my view Oak a bit like UFOs and my belief in space and time. That's another subject would love to have a private conversation on.

I am sure I am going to regret asking this but........are there people out there who DONT believe in space and time?

Edited by oaksoft

I have no time for England. The English, on the other hand, are people, and, as such, I take them as I find them. Like every other nationality on earth, there are good guys and wanks.

Your problem with England being? The colour of the mud? The slight yellow nature of the grass? The lack of mountains?

Stay, Play our full part in Europe make it work for us,rather than constantly putting Salt on the Chip on our shoulder. Britain is Europe's major (long term) problem with it's constant need to make policy changes and refusal to join a single currency (how would the Euro be performing if Sterling was taken out of the equation?).

The Racist view will be heavily used by supporters of Brexit those who are taken in by the vicious Bile they Spout are more to be pitied than anything else.

The other question that should be asked is why Politicians are now so keen on holding Referendums (could it be that when it all goes tits up they can shift the blame back on us), we pay them to make decisions not to ask us what to do without giving us the full facts

Edited by zebrakid

The United States of Europe was always going to grow into the beast it has become... and worse.

That is part of the reason I found it absolutely incredulous that people wanted to free us from the tyranny of London only to accede to the tyranny of Brussels... but with less say.

I truly find that baffling to this day.

I want out of both unions. I said it numerous times during the referendum "debate" and still feel the same.

(There you go dicko, there's the answer to your question from that other thread. No need for you to go trawling through posts.)

Problem is Sturgeon only what's to get out of one.

For me Scottish racism against the English is a journalism orgasam. It's blown out context. In a nationalist but not a England hater I like England many wonderful people from the south. It's the establishment that has the wooden spoon in hand stirring propaganda . Just my view Oak a bit like UFOs and my belief in space and time. That's another subject would love to have a private conversation on.

I widnae snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

lol.gif

The United States of Europe was always going to grow into the beast it has become... and worse.

That is part of the reason I found it absolutely incredulous that people wanted to free us from the tyranny of London only to accede to the tyranny of Brussels... but with less say.

I truly find that baffling to this day.

Yes that's because you don't understand the difference between paying a membership fee to a willingly join a club (the EU - abiding by the rules you helped to establish) and being forced to hand over all of your income to the same club and be told to be grateful for the pocket money you are allowed back (the UK). Oh and up until VERY recently that club also told you what to spend that pocket money on.

Edited by oaksoft

I want out of both unions. I said it numerous times during the referendum "debate" and still feel the same.

My view is that I want us to be part of any union where we work together with partner nations to achieve things of common interest where everyone is treated on an equal basis with an equal vote.

So for me the current UK and EU have major problems.

It's obvious that the UK situation where we are forced to hand over every penny before getting a handout is unacceptable. A truly federal system with 1 vote for each of the home nations and each raising their own income would be a situation short of full independence which I could possibly accept.

As for Europe? The pooling of money for scientific research funding is too important to walk away from. The idea of free movement of people within the EU is also too important. Same with the lack of tariffs or commercial boundaries.

The worst excesses of national governments is diluted as well. These are all very good things.

It costs us peanuts to be a member compared to the return on that investment.

Immigration is a total red herring. We need more immigrants coming in, not fewer. We need more people to come in fired up and ready to both start businesses and do all the shit jobs our young people can't be arsed doing. We also have a chance to dilute that shitty, negative, nasty, whiny attitude our culture is infected by. Bringing in other cultures is the only way to achieve that.

To be honest, other than bit of a lack of democracy, I can't actually see a downside to remaining in the EU.

Maybe the ones who believe that the universe may be a 3D holographic projection? If it is, there may or may not be space and time in our universe, at least in the way that science understands it.

Hmmm. Not my area of interest or expertise but fair enough if there is some scientific basis for that "belief".

I have said all along .....

Scotland will become a Region of Europe , just like Wales, N.Ireland and many parts of England,

And they will all do as they are bloody told.

EUROPE WILL RULE THE WAVES ( and everything else.)

Your problem with England being? The colour of the mud? The slight yellow nature of the grass? The lack of mountains?

My problem with England is exactly the same as St Mirren's problem with Morton or any other rivalry based on geographic location. Will that do?