Scottish Professional Football League News

shull

What a crock as per. The FA are looking at less games so it helps their Euro and WC chances. we just do a bureaucratic exercise. Why are the SFA hell bend on destroying our game???

The FA can do what they like but they'll get nobody voting for anything which reduces money to the top clubs.

Looking at the English game in general for the way forward for football in Scotland is bonkers.

The English game is corrupt from top to bottom.

Edited by oaksoft

The FA can do what they like but they'll get nobody voting for anything which reduces money to the top clubs.

Looking at the English game in general for the way forward for football in Scotland is bonkers.

The English game is corrupt from top to bottom.

FFS its like the paparazzi in here. Where in my post does it says we should follow England. I was saying they are trying to have less games. We have had think tanks, McLeish reports, and we come up with, eh have the League Cup, which is not even a Euro qualifying due to our pitiful ranking.

Instead of moving the LC, why not do summer football, have an 18 team top League and work with clubs on development .

For the record, yes the EPL is corrupt, yes its a Rich mans tax dodge, and no its not way forward for football. However I find it comical with our 27th place ranking that we are upset about the possibility of the CL becoming an exclusive club. CL is an exclusive club . We are a piss poor nation at football. IMHO. Burton could win our SPFL title

Stepping back in time, didn't it used to be late October early November back in the good old days when players wore black boots and earned their wage thumbup2.gif

Stepping back even further, in my young days football boots and balls were made of brown leather and were dubbined every week.

• 3 months later...

Here's hoping that the Scot Gov step in and impose strict liability on clubs re fans, that's a noose just waiting for certain clubs. Maybe it would make broadcasters realise they simply cannot continue to air certain games because of the excrement being poured out in the stands.

Here's hoping that the Scot Gov step in and impose strict liability on clubs re fans, that's a noose just waiting for certain clubs. Maybe it would make broadcasters realise they simply cannot continue to air certain games because of the excrement being poured out in the stands.

Absolutely spot on. However the eunuchs in charge of Scottish football must take the old firm oath of loyalty before taking up post. While the vile and bigoted twins remain here, I can't see anything changing in my lifetime. It will take UEFA or Fifa to take action against one or both first. Can't see the government wanting to get involved after the abuse they still take over bigotry at football bill.

Whilst I think you are 100% correct, I cannot help thinking that for the powers that be - whether it be the SFA or whatever they want to be called now and the Scot Gov - doing nothing is not an option otherwise they are complicit in what goes on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Noticed , Arbroath v Dundee United is live on BT Sport on Friday night.

That's fair enough, But  Motherwell v The Newcunto FC 2012 is live on Saturday at 3pm.

Thought Domestic Matches were not allowed to be broadcast 3pm on a Saturday, while other Matches were being played.

What has changed ?