Film 2016

shull

Anything worth going to the Cinema too see this year?

What about The Revenant?

I have only seen Star Wars, Charlie Brown and Alvin & The Chipmunks so far. All my daughter's choice.

She thoroughly enjoyed all three.

I did like Star Wars.

Guest TPAFKATS

Doncaster does Dallas -Warts and all documentary about the relationship between the administrators and officials of Scottish football.

Edited by TPAFKATS

Indeed, she picked Paddington last year and that was a brilliant Movie.

It really is - absolutely loved it.

One I would recommend on DVD or download/on demand is What We Did On Our Holiday, cracking family film With Billy Connolly, David Tennant and Ben Miller it's from 2014. I only just saw if for the first time over Christmas, I didn't remember seeing it promoted when it was out.

It really is - absolutely loved it.

One I would recommend on DVD or download/on demand is What We Did On Our Holiday, cracking family film With Billy Connolly, David Tennant and Ben Miller it's from 2014. I only just saw if for the first time over Christmas, I didn't remember seeing it promoted when it was out.

Thanks, will check it out.

Deadpool is good, but not suitable for a kid

Would agree on Deadpool being good. Went with really high expectations given the hype surrounding it, but it more than lived upto it. If ever an actor was destined to play a role it's Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, it's like a foul mouthed bad-ass extension of the character he played in Blade Trinity. Loved the constant in jokes and easter eggs.... Professor, Which one? Stewart or McAvoy? And all the references to Wolverine/Hugh Jackman.

Would echo the comments about it being not suitable for a kid. There is a clear difference in the fayre that Marvel serves up on a 12 certificate and this as a 15 certificate. IIRC correctly there was actually an initial view that they might make it an 18, but sneaks into 15 without being watered down. Gratuitous sex, violence and swearing all in the opening 10 minutes or so, and actually benefits from it.