Bbc Tribute To Davie Cooper

alshboy

After watching the totally bias highlights of our game yesterday the BBC in their infinite wisdom subjected us to a tribute to that Sevco leg end Davie Cooper. This will be the same guy who used to stick up two fingers (behind his back) to the North Bank when taking corners for Sevco and Motherwell and who made totally appalling comments to Fitzy regarding the death of his son. Report that BBC, utter scum.

Seriously? You have a problem with him because he stuck the fingers up at people who were abusing him?

FFS.

As for the Fitzy thing? I have no idea what this is about.

What exactly did he say and who are you getting it from?

Very surprised you don't know about the Fitzy scandal given your a Saints fan of mature years.

Cooper got loads of abuse off the St Mirren fans so the fact he'd throw the odd 2 fingered salute shouldn't be an issue. However the Fitzy incident was way beyond the pale. I know players like to wind each other up and getting under the skin of an opponent was something I loved to do when I played....but some subjects are just completely out of bounds if you have any decency about yourself at all.

Very surprised you don't know about the Fitzy scandal given your a Saints fan of mature years.

He knows fine Ian , he's just attention seeking again !

Truth about Cooper is that he was very much overrated and if you were to check back in games v us over the years he didn't contribute that much. In fact he didn't get a game very often against us , particularly in the pre-Souness years ! Very much a meh player not really that worthy of any tribute !

Truth about Cooper is that he was very much overrated and if you were to check back in games v us over the years he didn't contribute that much. In fact he didn't get a game very often against us , particularly in the pre-Souness years ! Very much a meh player not really that worthy of any tribute !

I remember a match at Kilbowie when John Young had Cooper in his back pocket for the full 90 minutes!

Indeed.

79 to 86, Cooper wouldn't even have made the St. Mirren line up.

Peter Weir was a far better player and so was Scanlon.

Oaksofts comments are a disgrace

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2507&dat=19820310&id=8v89AAAAIBAJ&sjid=fkkMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2282,2499145&hl=en

From The Herald match report;

Then Fitzpatrick who had earlier been booked for a foul on Cooper had to be restrained by colleagues as referee Jim Duncan ordered him off after an off the ball incident with the same player.

I watched Tony Fitzpatrick for years and he wasn't that sort of player. Something must have happened or been said to provoke that kind of reaction.

Link to newspaper article:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2507&dat=19820310&id=8v89AAAAIBAJ&sjid=fkkMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2282,2499145&hl=en

The BBC should not be paying tributes to someone like this.

They will because the man died fairly young and he played for their team

Decent player i thought he played better for Motherwell than Oldco

To me Bobby Russell was a better player for them in that era

Only 2 people no what happened that day and one is dead and the other is too much of a gentleman to ever tell the truth!

I was at the game but I was only about 7 remember the look of shock on my dad and Grampa's face when he was sent off!

I've heard stories over the years that it was a comment made by Cooper to Fitzy about his son!

Tony was not fined and only received a one match ban!

Can never get much info on this think the nearest to what happened I read in Abercrombies book!

Does Fitzy have Autobiography and if so does he mention it??

I don't know anything about the FACTS of what happened.

All I know are rumours about something being said regarding Tony's son but I don't tend to indulge in idle gossip unless I am sure of my facts.

Is there anyone on here absolutely 100% sure of their facts?

I'm not disputing whether something was said or not.

I'm simply asking if someone on here actually is in possession of the facts or whether people are shrieking over rumours they are hearing from people other than Tony and Cooper themselves.

I'll listen to facts. Anything else is of no consequence.

Edited by oaksoft

Only 2 people no what happened that day and one is dead and the other is too much of a gentleman to ever tell the truth!

I was at the game but I was only about 7 remember the look of shock on my dad and Grampa's face when he was sent off!

I've heard stories over the years that it was a comment made by Cooper to Fitzy about his son!

Tony was not fined and only received a one match ban!

Can never get much info on this think the nearest to what happened I read in Abercrombies book!

Does Fitzy have Autobiography and if so does he mention it??

And I think this is the problem.

We should be condemning people only based on facts but because it's football, apparently it's OK to condemn on rumour alone.

If Cooper did say something horrendous about Tony's son then by all means he should be slaughtered for it but this thread is sounding like one of those hysterical horror films where the village idiots gather at dusk without really being sure exactly why.

Its not the first time that oaksoft has jumped to defend the Old Firm without knowing all the facts...

He seems to delight in defending bigotry, sectarianism and hatred.

Oaksofts comments are a disgrace

What the hell are you wittering on about?

How can asking a question be a disgraceful comment?

Grow up FFS.

Sorry guys.i pride myself on knowing a lot of our history but this one has slipped by me.could anyone tell the story.

Cheers

Davie Cooper was a cnut , that's the whole story in a cnutshell !

I always thought that Billy mate . remember a similar story with Hugh Murray in

the cis final. Must be in their genes.

There we go.

First poster asks a perfectly legitimate question.

The response is "He's a c**t that's all you basically need to know".

And first poster simply accepts that as a given truth without any need for an explanation or proof or anything else.

Honestly how do people like this get out of bed safely in the morning.

It's a genuine puzzle.