Livingston V St Mirren (19/3/16)

Was I the only one who thought we should have had a penalty and them a Red card seconds before they equalised when Clarkson was brought down as he ambled in on goal? Highlight of the day for me was Crawford Allan pretending he had missed another decision by shielding his eyes from the sun when he had his back to it. He is worse than Collum.

Was I the only one who thought we should have had a penalty and them a Red card seconds before they equalised when Clarkson was brought down as he ambled in on goal?

I was listening on St Mirren Radio, and that was certainly the view of the commentating team.

Was I the only one who thought we should have had a penalty and them a Red card seconds before they equalised when Clarkson was brought down as he ambled in on goal? Highlight of the day for me was Crawford Allan pretending he had missed another decision by shielding his eyes from the sun when he had his back to it. He is worse than Collum.

Yup, the foul then the very obvious hand ball later on. He was pretty poor all game.

Pardon, Agnew creative! I've got one or two players at Everton Boys Club who can play that role better than Agnew can.

The first game of the season vs Dumbarton he looked excellent - moved well, created space - got his head up and found his man. Not sure what's went wrong since then, but he's certainly capable...

Must show something on the training ground if Rae keeps picking him.

The only reason Agnew is starting is because Rocco Quinn is injured. However in the last game v QOS at home we were getting overwhelmed in midfield. I couldn't understand why Agnew and Mallan were in midfield we weren't winning the battle. In fact Rae was about to change it then we got a penalty from out of nowhere. It is obvious to me that there is some reason that Goodwin is being left out. However it's not just Rae that sidelined him at the start of the season Murray tried to leave him out saying he was too old to start every game.

I think (however I could be wrong) that they want to free up his wage and sign a couple of players at the end of the season.

Did you sleep walk through last years car crash of a season?

Nope, this season was far worse. Spent all of it in the bottom half of the second tier, lost to part time Dumbarton twice, lost at home to Livi twice, pumped out the first stage of both cups. I could go on. It has obviously improved since Rae arrived, but in total this remains the worst Saints team i've ever seen.

There is a majority of fans on this forum that hate Shankland I knew that kid had something special in him and he showed it on Saturday. He has scored 8 goals now that's 13 points gained by him playing in the team.

8 goals is hardly something to be blowing your trumpet about when you consider the amount of minutes he's played upfront. It's no surprise either to see that his goals are coming against the teams in the lower reaches of the league. He's scored 8, 3 against Livi, 2 against Alloa and 1 against Dumbarton. 6 of his 8 goals have came against the 3 teams so bad that they're even below us. He hasn't scored once against the top 3 teams in the league.

We had 3 season defining games recently. Raith and QOTS away and Falkirk at home. We needed minimum 7 points to push for the playoffs, we needed players like Lawrence to step up and deliver.. He didn't, he started every one of those games and was hopeless in every one. We got 1 point from those 3 games and our season is now over as a result.

If we are going to push into the playoffs next year we need a 20 goal a season striker. Someone in the mould of John Baird (18 goals already this season). I don't think Shankland is good enough yet to be that player. It's vital that Rae addresses this in the summer and I'm sure he will.

Nope, this season was far worse. Spent all of it in the bottom half of the second tier, lost to part time Dumbarton twice, lost at home to Livi twice, pumped out the first stage of both cups. I could go on. It has obviously improved since Rae arrived, but in total this remains the worst Saints team i've ever seen.

8 goals is hardly something to be blowing your trumpet about when you consider the amount of minutes he's played upfront. It's no surprise either to see that his goals are coming against the teams in the lower reaches of the league. He's scored 8, 3 against Livi, 2 against Alloa and 1 against Dumbarton. 6 of his 8 goals have came against the 3 teams so bad that they're even below us. He hasn't scored once against the top 3 teams in the league.

We had 3 season defining games recently. Raith and QOTS away and Falkirk at home. We needed minimum 7 points to push for the playoffs, we needed players like Lawrence to step up and deliver.. He didn't, he started every one of those games and was hopeless in every one. We got 1 point from those 3 games and our season is now over as a result.

If we are going to push into the playoffs next year we need a 20 goal a season striker. Someone in the mould of John Baird (18 goals already this season). I don't think Shankland is good enough yet to be that player. It's vital that Rae addresses this in the summer and I'm sure he will.

So you think John Baird will sign for us? Who realistically are we going to get that's better than Shankland? Edited by Kendo

Top Cat the top goal scorer wee Stevie has scored 11 and how many minutes has he played? also Clarkston has scored 1 and he's played how many minutes in his career never mind this season. Clearly you don't like the kid Shankland and I was not blowing anyone's trumpet give the kid credit when its due, you canny even do that. and you omitted to slag him about the 13 points he has got for the team. What you got to say about that? His goals on Saturday were pure class ask anyone who was there.? Get the right people to get the ball this kid and he will score plenty.

The hardest thing in a game of football is to score a goal.

I think (however I could be wrong) that they want to free up his wage and sign a couple of players at the end of the season.

Maybe so but we still have him this season and if we are paying him such a fantastic wage that we can sign 'a couple' to replace him then why are we not playing him now while we are paying these high wages. I doubt Agnew will be here next season but maybe that is wishful thinking so why play him before Goody?

I quite like Goodwin but up until his injury we had won twice in the league while drawing four times and losing seven..........since then we have won seven, drawn three and lost eight. It could be argued we've done better since Goodwin was out of the team although a lot of those games were played after the manager changed.

Goodwin was by far our best player before he got injured. Our record was shit then but we were fielding players like Conlan, Kelly, Reid, McMullan, Carswell and Howieson. The replacements have improved the team not the absence of Goodwin. And Agnew is not first pick now - Quinn is. So if Quinn is out then play Goodwin. If nothing else surely the manager has to assess the players at his disposal. How can he do that with Goodwin if he does not play him in a competitive match?

losing four to Livi and throwing away our play off chance at Raith. .. aye we are so much better without Goodwin. We might be so good now we will stay in this league!

Let's just pretend that the game where we played against Hibs (losing four goals), against Falkirk (where we lost three) or against Livi (where he had to be removed from the game, just before half-time, in case he got himself sent off didn't happen then or are you just being subjective to suit your argument??

As I said earlier I quite like Goodwin but we lost plenty games, and badly, when he was in the team......... on that basis I'm quite happy to let the manager choose as he sees fit without feeling the need to question his previous background.

So you think John Baird will sign for us? Who realistically are we going to get that's better than Shankland?

Perhaps not but we should be offering him a deal at least. I said in his mould, not necessarily him. I'd fecking hope we'll do better than Shankland, if we don't we won't be where we need to be.

Look at the top scorer list in the league: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

Above Shankland (8 goals, 1 goal every 230 minutes) we have the likes of:

Liam Buchanan Livi: 11 goals, 1 goal every 170 minutes. .

Denny Johnstone Morton: 12 goals, 1 goal every 211 minutes.

Mark Stewart Raith: 10 goals, 1 goal every 220 minutes

The stats point to all of them being better than Shankland, and all of them are playing with teams who have at most a similar budget to us, they're all within reach. Buchanan in particular is one we should be going for in the summer, that's a fantastic return from him for a hopeless team like Livi.

Top Cat the top goal scorer wee Stevie has scored 11 and how many minutes has he played? also Clarkston has scored 1 and he's played how many minutes in his career never mind this season. Clearly you don't like the kid Shankland and I was not blowing anyone's trumpet give the kid credit when its due, you canny even do that. and you omitted to slag him about the 13 points he has got for the team. What you got to say about that? His goals on Saturday were pure class ask anyone who was there.? Get the right people to get the ball this kid and he will score plenty.

The hardest thing in a game of football is to score a goal.

You do know Mallan is a midfielder, yeah? Your question is part of the problem, our top scorer is a midfielder. Mallan has done tremendously to get the amount of goals he has from midfield, if we had a 20 goal a season striker to go with him we might even be in the playoffs. We don't though, so we aren't, let's hope next season we will. You mention Clarkson, he's also part of the problem. One goal from however many minutes he's played is hopeless, I hope we get rid of him in the summer too. Infact, I'd get rid of every single senior forward player at the club. Gallagher, Thompson, Shankland, Gow and Clarkson can all leave as far as I'm concerned. None of them has done enough this season and their lack of goals is a big reason we are where we are.

It's also tremendously misleading to say a player has won us x points with his goals. It implies we would have been playing with 10 men had Shankland not been there. No, we would have been playing with another striker in his stead, who had they been any good (like a Buchanan or similar) would have scored more than Shankland has.

Maybe so but we still have him this season and if we are paying him such a fantastic wage that we can sign 'a couple' to replace him then why are we not playing him now while we are paying these high wages. I doubt Agnew will be here next season but maybe that is wishful thinking so why play him before Goody?

I agree, it doesn't make sense unless there's a clause in his contract about if he plays so many games he's entitled to be offered a new contract on his existing terms. Probably I'm talking bollox but I don't see why Rae would think Agnew is a better option.

Look at the top scorer list in the league: http://www.bbc.co.uk...hip/top-scorers

Perhaps not but we should be offering him a deal at least. I said in his mould, not necessarily him. I'd fecking hope we'll do better than Shankland, if we don't we won't be where we need to be.

Look at the top scorer list in the league: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

The stats point to all of them being better than Shankland, and all of them are playing with teams who have at most a similar budget to us, they're all within reach. Buchanan in particular is one we should be going for in the summer, that's a fantastic return from him for a hopeless team like Livi.

You do know Mallan is a midfielder, yeah? Your question is part of the problem, our top scorer is a midfielder. Mallan has done tremendously to get the amount of goals he has from midfield, if we had a 20 goal a season striker to go with him we might even be in the playoffs. We don't though, so we aren't, let's hope next season we will. You mention Clarkson, he's also part of the problem. One goal from however many minutes he's played is hopeless, I hope we get rid of him in the summer too. Infact, I'd get rid of every single senior forward player at the club. Gallagher, Thompson, Shankland, Gow and Clarkson can all leave as far as I'm concerned. None of them has done enough this season and their lack of goals is a big reason we are where we are.

It's also tremendously misleading to say a player has won us x points with his goals. It implies we would have been playing with 10 men had Shankland not been there. No, we would have been playing with another striker in his stead, who had they been any good (like a Buchanan or similar) would have scored more than Shankland has.

OMG your stats are phenomenal against Shankland's shitty stats pissing maself. I am merely stating Shanklands goals have contributed to us getting 13 points yah FUD nothing else everything else is in your heed. Did you seen his goals on Saturday? give me your comments on them please I am interested to hear your opinion on them.

Anyone who says a kid who has scored 8 Goals helped the team get 13 points which is all fact and says he is crap I smelling a rat whats your agenda Top Cat?

with Goodwin in the team we may have picked up three points in Kirkcaldy and be looking to stake our play off claim at home tomorrow night! Instead Agnew played and gets hooked and we lost the last chance of fourth. that's the manager's choice and effect.

You have to laugh at this level of stupidity suggesting one player, who hasn't been part of our revival (that's a fact) could have saved our season.

Absolute fud doesn't cover it.????

with Goodwin in the team we may have picked up three points in Kirkcaldy and be looking to stake our play off claim at home tomorrow night! Instead Agnew played and gets hooked and we lost the last chance of fourth. that's the manager's choice and effect.

Actually Agnew was on the bench and only came on after Quinn was injured. We were losing before he came on.

Actually Agnew was on the bench and only came on after Quinn was injured. We were losing before he came on.

I was reffering to when Agnew gets hooked, not specifically the Raith game. But thanks forbpointing out the nonsense decision to throw on a lightweight midfielder who has failed to make an impact at the club instead of probably still our player of the season.